Search found 217 matches

Return

Re: Пресса о Жене, интервью Жени || Press about Evgeni ON Ic

So, same author wrote another article about Plushy ... :kli_ny:
Figure Skating’s Enigmatic Evgeni Plushenko:
http://barbisk8.com/?p=535#.T6tCrIks3XA.twitter

... so, I ask her some things, and here is her's explanations.... :ps_ih:

Thank you, Cekoni, for talking to her and arguing for Plushy! :plush39: :plush39:

I agree with you that she probably doesn't have nasty intentions as some real Plushy haters that I've seen. I don't know much about her, I have to say, though from what I've read so far of her articles, I have my own doubts. Well, how to say this, so far it's not clear to me that she's...capable of understanding someone like Evgeni Plushenko. This new article she wrote essentially says that he is "enigmatic" (her word, and one that I find very interesting) because he speaks his mind! To me, an article that can--with all apparent seriousness--say this reveals a great deal more about its author than about its subject.

And that's leaving aside the question of what particular things Plushy has actually said during his career, or how "polarizing", as she put it, each of those things really were, especially when put in perspective. It's not as if he's made statements like "I gave a gold medal performance regardless of how others skated", or "my competitors are working to be somewhat near my level". I guess by "polarizing statements", she probably meant the quad controversy after Vancouver. But then maybe she could also take a look at how this "polarization" eventually resolved itself, in terms of how many people are doing the quad now... :-) (Well, I'll give her credit for having used the word "polarizing", since that word in itself implies that some agree and some do not, which I suppose was true. Although from other part of the article, I am not completely certain she understood that point herself.)

The thing with Plushy is, he cares about figure skating, and he has beliefs about them. So when it comes to skating, he'll evaluate himself and other skaters, as well and as honestly as he can. He's talked about his own strengths and weaknesses at some given time or competition; he's talked about others' strengths and weakness at some given time. Of course, what he says is just his own point of view--but that's always true, with everybody who ever makes a comment about skating or anything else. What on earth can be more natural? People claim he has a "big ego", but to me, his so-called "ego" has nothing to do whatsoever to do with it; it's their own egos that can't take it.

In real life, I have met (quite rarely) people who can say very direct and blunt, or even harsh things (far harsher than anything Plushy ever said publicly about anyone's skating, actually), not about skating but about some other specific area. I confess it took me a long time, but finally I gained enough maturity to understand that at least with some of them, this is absolutely not about being "arrogant" or "humble" or having a big or small ego. In fact, it's exactly the opposite--because they believe that egos--their own or anyone else's--are simply not useful in comparison with the endeavor himself. I believe this is the case with Plushy, too.
by whitebamboo
13 May 2012, 00:21

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

It's so great to hear such wonderful words about Plushy from Camerlengo. I especially found interesting how different the process of choreographing for Plushy is, compared to for other skaters. I am also really curious about the SP music now, and what are Plushy's ideas about it!

Also, I really appreciate this sentence in particular:

n a competitive program you have to consider all the time the elements, the jumps, the timing, the stamina, many things. So you cannot really skate a program using all of your skills, [including] all the steps you can do and all of the other things you can do on the ice.

I remember lovplush (I think? :-) ) was saying that for Plushy, it is so important to skate clean, at a time when clean skates seem to be less and less frequent. In a way I feel very grateful to Camerlengo for recognizing this.

I am also glad that they will work on having more transitions in the programs. Though for me personally as a viewer, I find the amount of transitions to be purely a technical (vs. aesthetic) issue, yet I would like to see how they fit the programs themselves! I do also hope that if he does have more transitions next season, he will get the credit for them. What I mean is this past season, Plushy already had more transitions in his programs (at least at the Europeans) than during the 09-10 season, but I still saw some people simply repeating "he has no transitions", seemingly without having actually seen his programs.

I do want to nitpick a little bit about Vancouver, though, sorry....This is something I've gone on about before, I guess it's somewhat of a pet issue of mine.... :)-(:

In Vancouver, he lost the Olympics [due to] one jump. (Evan Lysacek defeated Plushenko by 1.31 points.) He didn't perform a triple-double-double combination; he did triple-double. If he had done triple-double-double, he might be Olympic champion.

Statements like how "if Plushenko had done a 3-2-2, then he might have been the champion" is really impossible to prove true or false, and also, even if you can show that it is true, it really, really cannot be used to prove that "he didn't do a 3-2-2, therefore he lost". It's a matter of "necessary" vs. "sufficient" conditions in logic. I know a lot of people, including people who really are professional experts in figure skating and who know much, much more about skating than I'll ever do, have said similar things, but I'll throw undue humility to the winds and say that the above, too, is from a professional expert. I guess, the results of Vancouver were controversial as they were, and the tremendous controversy really wasn't based on hypotheticals, in my opinion. I wanted to say that at this point perhaps one doesn't need to discuss it any longer, but if they keep on asking....
by whitebamboo
26 May 2012, 06:23

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I spent a long time typing a reply to one of the comments over at the icenetwork article, but I had a tough time logging in with my FB account, so in the end I have no idea whether it'll eventually show up or not... :plush43:

What really frustrates me about the way some of Plushy's detractors talk is how they equate their own opinion with objective facts. Perhaps he had fewer transitions than some others during 09/10, but statements about how he "has no choreography" or that "it isn't real skating" comes across to me as both ridiculously over-exaggerated and narrow-minded. Transitions is just one aspect of skating--one that was recently pushed to the forefront. When it comes to Vancouver, I've seen people dismiss the criticism of Lysacek's lack of quad as "whining", or say that "skating isn't just about the quad", but then they themselves equate skating/choreography/artistry with transitions and see nothing wrong with it. And the thing is, in men's skating the quad has frankly been established as an important aspect much longer than putting in as much transitions as possible--in the sense of what the proponents of the "new direction" in skating define as "transitions". To say that he has been "getting away" (the phrase one person used) with "not having transitions" before is kind of like saying the champions of the 80s "got away" with not jumping quads. It makes no sense. (Sorry, again to clarify: just an analogy in terms of logic, I'm not saying that transitions are like quads in this sentence--to me, quads are a much more real and quantifiable development in skating, and much more important in my own opinion.)

I don't even mention artistry, because with Plushy's artistry, perhaps it is really true that either you get it or you don't. (And in any case I think it has nothing to do with transitions.) There are skaters whose style I don't like, and there are times when I've said that "I don't personally see the artistry in this program/skater, in my opinion", but I'm not going to act as if statements like "so-and-so has no artistry" are somehow objective facts.
by whitebamboo
28 May 2012, 15:29

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Rules are vague, anything can be interpretated as transitions, even a kiss! :hi_hi_hi: But if you have Lori or Inman or other "experts" talking all the time about HOW a program should be (according to their own interpretation of the rules, of course ) I think FS fans become confused and they don't trust their own judgement anymore. :kli_ny:
And I believe it's a matter of cultural difference too, people from different places have different approaches. :plush45:

I definitely agree with this, which is why I'm so frustrated by the way some people put forward their own opinions and then claim they're being "objective" and "merely stating facts"!
by whitebamboo
28 May 2012, 17:33

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

*sigh* Facebook and I really hate each other right now....I am wondering if someone who can log in could possibly repost the following replies for me, in the discussion under the icenetwork article please?
http://web.icenetwork.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20120525&content_id=32207752&vkey=ice_news

To Clay Carlos (the person commenting on top):

It is certainly fine to criticize aspects of Plushenko's skating. But I find the use of words in the posts of those who do so here rather interesting. People who criticize him are "stating a fact", but people who defend him are "whining and crying". When he was winning, he was "getting away" with not having certain things, but when Lysacek won, he was "correctly placed" and "undeniable". The prejudice is showing here.

When it comes to Vancouver, the results were controversial, and set off a great deal of debate all over the world (as in, more than just North America), not just about who should have won, but also about the direction of men's figure skating in general. I believe this really isn't just because Plushenko or his supporters couldn't understand, or couldn't accept emotionally, that Lysacek got the gold, but because there really was something to debate here. If it really were just about Plushenko and his fans "whining", I don't think there would be such a major controversy, with the subsequent change in the value of quads, and the change in how many skaters attempt them post-Vancouver.

I don't mind people saying that Plushenko's Olympic programs had less transitions than Lysacek's. However, I think those who say (which I saw fairly frequently) that he had "no transitions" are exaggerating ridiculously, and those who say he had "no choreography" have a very narrow view of choreography. What I consider a double standard is they way some people dismiss the critiicism of Lysacek's lack of a quad (or even a 3A-3T, for that matter) as "whining" or "equating skating with the quad", while at the same time they criticize Plushenko on the matter of transitions, and state--explicitly or implicitly--how he "has no choreography", "isn't really skating", or even "isn't a real skater" because of it. (All of these statements I have seen more than once, and I certain cannot see how any of them is anywhere near "facts".) Personally, when I consider the combination (as you put it) of jumps, transitions, and especially artistry, in both the SP and the LP, then I find the placement of Lysacek over Plushenko by no means "correct", and certainly by no means "undeniable". I understand that some may not agree with the above, and that's fine. In the end, both transitions and quads are just facets of skating--it comes down to a matter of which one of these two very specific technical aspects one considers more fundamental. From what I've seen, I believe that if one looks outside of North America, one would find many more in support of Plushenko's view.

It is mentioned that there are "a number of skaters who have developed incredible transitions, as well as competent jumps". (As I was copying this sentence, I was a bit struck by the use of adjectives here, and I wondered if a certain view was being suggested. Transitions should be "incredible", but jumps need only be "competent", perhaps?) However, I agree with one of the posters above--having a quad was what it meant to have competent jumps in the past, and given the way things are now, personally I wouldn't mind saying that this is what it means once more. In this sense, I suspect that down the road, Vancouver may very well be seen as an anomalous time in men's skating. As for the seasons after 2010, as far as I can recall, the number of skates in competitions where a skater jumped quads successfully, had a lot of transitions, and managed to skate cleanly have been rather few and far in between (note that I'm not saying it never happens). (One can also throw in artistry here, though that's subjective and perhaps beyond this discussion.) So in this sense, I would rather say that from a technical point of view, men's skating in general is still only attempting to combine transitions with high-level jumps, and it remains to be seen how things will turn out.

To Rachel Schwell (third thread down, the person quoted earlier in this thread):

I appreciate the fact you phrased some of your criticism of Plushenko's skating and artistry as your own opinions, as much as I disagree with them. When it comes to artistry, there is always subjectivity involved. However, when it comes to statements about how you feel that "he thinks he can go out on the ice, say "I'm Evgeni Plushenko so I should win"", then I must say that I think it is rather disrespectful to suggest that one knows what goes on inside his head (or any other skater's, really). The fact that you don't personally see his artistry should not imply he doesn't care about it. Or that he doesn't care about "having a complete program", because you don't think he has one, especially given that many people consider that he does.

There is nothing wrong with criticizing his skating or saying that you're not a fan of his style, but I find it rather objectionable to project one's own notions onto the minds of others, and especially onto someone who has fought so immensely hard to accomplish what was considered by many to be impossible until it actually happened (namely, to return to competition after 3 years of absence, and to stand on the Olympic podium once more), and who, incidentally, was by no means in anywhere near the best of physical conditions while doing so. This last sentence is not to make you acknowledge what a wonderful a skater he is, but to say why I find statements to the effect that "he thinks he should win because he's Plushenko" or "he doesn't care about having a program" (which I have seen repeated more times than I liked, after Vancouver) to be both disrespectful and false. There have been other Olympic champions who have returned to competition in the past, who have done less well than him, but if one of them fell on a jump in a post-return competition, for example (and merely as an example), I don't remember people suggesting it was because he didn't care or wasn't trying.

As for transitions, I think he can add in this particular aspect, but I don't think it is fair to claim that he had *no* transitions. And in fact, he already has added in this aspect, when one looks at his programs this past season. In the end, everyone can and should always try to improve on some aspect of his or her skating--that's what the sport is all about, and if you actually look back over what Plushenko has said and done over his career, that is what he has always tried to do. So once more, I believe that to claim that it has anything to do with how "now that he knows he can't just rest on being Evgeni Plushenko" is really only a matter of what's inside one's own imagination.

Yes, I know, I know, I was long-winded again, and maybe there is no point trying to argue with them, and maybe it is impossible to convince them, but I am getting a little sick and tired of detractors trying to control the discourse (even if it's just in some very specific and small parts of the net) and talking as if they own the truth about what is "good skating".
by whitebamboo
28 May 2012, 20:42

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Sorry, I accidentally double-posted my previous post, and I can't find the delete button on the edit page anymore.... :plush38:

I understand that not everyone will be a fan of Plushy's skating, but statements like how he "thinks he can just rely on the fact that he's Plushenko and therefore he should win" anger me. Criticize specific aspects of his skating if you want, but making up stuff about him and what you imagine is inside his mind, and then talking about it as if it were a fact--that is actually pretty objectionable, in my opinion.
by whitebamboo
28 May 2012, 20:44

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Другие интересные новости || Other interesting news

LOL, Evgeni looks great! :plush33: :plush39:

Is this a recent pic? (Since I seem to remember that Kislovodsk doesn't have a rink....?) Or maybe he's back to St. Petersburg now?
by whitebamboo
29 May 2012, 16:33

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Artistry on Ice 2012 - China 09-17.06.2012 (4 shows)

Some recent news reports about the upcoming Artistry on Ice shows:

http://news.china.com.cn/rollnews/2012-05/31/content_14458129.htm
http://roll.sohu.com/20120517/n343440449.shtml
http://v.ifeng.com/news/sports/201205/a9c08137-3a93-4f08-95ac-3f1e3425fa2c.shtml (video)
http://www.btv.org/btvindex/xw/content/2012-05/29/content_4839391.htm (video)

Mostly about Shen/Zhao: this will be their farewell show, and commemorating their 20 years together as partners. After this, they will devote themselves to coaching. Chen Lu will join behind the scenes as an artistic consultant, and Hongbo will also sing for Xue :-)

But the reports also mention the other cast members this year, and of course they always list Evgeni as "the Ice Prince from Russia". plush48 (Though it's funny that the Chinese media still mostly call him the "Ice Prince", his title from when he was young, even though others now call him the King or Tsar!)
by whitebamboo
03 Jun 2012, 15:40

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I don't know if this Facebook link for fans meeting skaters at the Taipei airport has been posted yet:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/246649515442891/

some more brief reports:

-when Plushy first came out, he wasn't wearing the shades, but when he saw the waiting fans, he put them on and pretended to "hide" from them :-)

-after a while, the people from the organizers meeting the plane were hurrying them along a bit (I gathered there was a press conference soon after), but Plushy still took the time to sign autographs for everyone there, very kind and of course very handsome!

-以安, who is the main organizer of the fans (I think she is also "Anne" mentioned in bigeyegugu's post earlier), gave Plushy a statuette of him standing on the Sochi podium (I think it's in one of the earlier pics) plush48 But Plushy at first thought she only wanted him to sign it, so 以安 said "No, no, it's for you", and Plushy asked: "Me?" His voice was so cute. And then he asked her if she will come to Sochi :plush33:

-Vitaly looked very patient and kind, the girls are certain that he take very good care of Plushy

-the fans also gave Edvin presents, including a sketch of him and dried mangoes :-)

And here's another Facebook album:
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=oa.263531890421320&type=1

Thank you to all the fans who met Plushy at the airport! You guys were really great!
by whitebamboo
08 Jun 2012, 00:00

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Chinese news link about Plushy at the Beijing press conference:
http://news.sports.cn/figureskating/2012-06-12/8566.html

Edit: I just saw lovplush's post in another thread, so I'll put the translation in an attachment for now
by whitebamboo
12 Jun 2012, 00:40

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Article on chinese, it seems about Plushy .... something interesting? :plush45:
http://sports.sina.com.cn/o/2012-06-17/11166103755.shtml

The article is about the Shanghai press conference yesterday. Plushy was one of the focus of the conference, and he was being cute (the reporter's words). He touched his face lightly with two fingers, and melted the entire room with how cute he is. ;;-)))

Then there is a paragraph about Artistry on Ice. Then more about Plushy: he said he is happy to see his fans, and to be back at Artistry on Ice. He also talked about the two programs he'll skate, that they are his competition SP and LP, and the music was especially created by Edvin Marton. Unfortunately, the reporter, who probably doesn't know much about skating, misunderstood and thought they are the new programs for next season, and wrote as such. :)-(: And Edvin played his 4 million dollar violin a bit at the conference; the music was beautiful and enchanting.

Then there are some paragraphs about the young Chinese skaters in the show, including Sui/Han and Song Nan.
by whitebamboo
17 Jun 2012, 16:18

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

A very brief selection from weibo:

@wonderC: 我们全家都被普鲁申科击倒了,哥们展现了冰舞技巧和情感表现力的完美融合。如果说Johnny Weir是靠灵光乍现活着,Plushenko就是祖师爷赏饭的天才。今晚他演示出光明与黑暗的两面:tango的挑逗诱惑为表,内里则是巨大阴影,俄罗斯特有的命运悲怆感

Our whole family was bowled over by Plushenko. This guy showed the perfect combination of the techniques and the expression of emotions. If Johnny Weir lives by flashes of inspriation, then Plushenko is a genius who's been gifted his livelihood by the gods. Today his performance showed two sides: light and darkness.The tango is seductive on the surface, yet there is a great "shadow" within, that uniquely Russian sense of fate and tragedy

@小麦田QY:普鲁申科是绝对花滑的王者,今晚表现霸气完美。借用下别人的照片,普皇万岁啊

Plushenko is the absolute monarch of figure skating; today his performance was dominant and flawless. I'm borrowing someone else's pictures. Long live Tsar Plushenko

@phiayuan: 看到了普鲁申科,真的没有遗憾了,雅姿结束好久了,还是很激动,见到真人完全可以让我忘记下雨的烦恼了!

I saw Plushenko, and really have no more regrets. Artistry on Ice is long over, yet I'm still excited. Having seen him live completely makes me forget the annoyance of the rainy weather!

@happyhitsu2005: 普鲁申科!普鲁申科!!普鲁申科!!!俄罗斯人的身体的艺术表现力!看的我眼泪快下来了。太有感染力太美了!

Plushenko! Plushenko! Plushenko!! The artistic expressiveness of a Russian's body! My tears were about to fall when I was watching. It's too moving, too beautiful!!!

@Stellafeng: 从冰上雅姿上海站归来,一边泡脚一边还在回味下半场普鲁申科完美的表演。冰上的舞者和冰上的小提琴演奏者完美的配合,太帅了!

Back from Artistry on Ice Shanghai, while soaking my feet, I'm still mulling over Plushenko's perfect performance in the second half. The perfect combination of the dancer on ice and the violinist on ice, so awesome!

----------------------------------

And this is only half of the first page of the search results using "普鲁申科“ plush48 Others probably can add more....
by whitebamboo
17 Jun 2012, 21:15

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Shanghai show, right now....

Tango ... so nice banner behind Plushy :-):

HTTP://img827.imageshack.us/img827/5483/7bd2122djw1du1hijjp3aj.jpg

I'm afraid that I can't resist showing off a little now....This banner is from our Chinese Plushy fan forum, designed by me :-) The wonderful girls had it made with reflecting material, which seems to have worked really well (I was a little worried about how it would turn out before) :plush45: This picture makes me feel like I was there in proxy! plush48
by whitebamboo
18 Jun 2012, 00:03

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

It seems that immediately after the show Plushy flew from China to Russia :-):
... can someone to translate chinese? :plush39:

http://www.weibo.com/plushenkotieba

@dustmandayo:WOw, today Plushy back to Russia?
@lhm201汩汩: yes'SU207'to Moscow

2012年6月17日夜的上海'浦东机场'普的中国雅姿行程圆满结束'似乎一切都结束的太快'8天时间'3座城市'3场演出'真的无法找出一个词语来表达此刻的幸福'快上飞机了吧'与你一起等待飞机起飞'一路顺风'一切安好'健康快乐![心][飛機]

送机时问芒果'今晚拉的教父是否是特殊安排的'因为之前跟他说能不能把tango前的演奏换成换成普的节目音乐'他说是的'是为了我们'因为看到了我们的教父横幅'godfather on ice'我拥抱了芒果'跟他说谢谢'因为这段教父每一个爱普的人都发疯了[淚]

2012.06.17 芒果在下半场普的tango表演前的独奏,意想不到的教父,芒果说因为看到了我们的Godfather on Ice而为我们演奏的教父尖叫声请自行忽略
2012.06.17 AOI Shanghai Edvin Godfather:
http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNDE1MjE1MDY0.html

2012.06.17 夜 上海送机 普,芒果,体能教练在安检入口处跟我们挥手

This is from the Plushy fan club's weibo:

Evening of June 17, 2012, Shanghai, Pudong Airport: Plushy's trip to China for Artistry on Ice has been successfully concluded. Everything seems to have passed too quickly: 8 days, 3 cities, 3 shows. Truly not a single word can be found to express the happiness of this moment. You must be ready to go on the plane, we're waiting for the take-off with you. Bon voyage, all the best, wishing you health and happiness!

We asked Edvin at the airport whether the "Godfather" music he played tonight was his special arrangement, since before this, we asked him whether it would be possible to change his solo piece before the Tango to the music for one of Plushy's programs. He said yes, it was for us, because he saw our "Godfather on Ice" banner. I hugged Edvin and thanked him, because this piece of Godfather music has made everyone who loves Plushy go crazy

June 17, 2012: Edvin's solo in the second half, before Plushy's Tango performance--unexpected "Godfather". Edvin said he played this for us because he saw our "Godfather on Ice". Please ignore the screams

Evening of June 16, 2012: We're dropping them off at the airport, Plushy, Edvin and Vitaly waving to us at the security entrance

-----------------------------

Do you have better pic of this banner, or original JPG? :du_ma_et: I would love to see it better :-): :plush32:

Thank you! I'm flattered! I'll try to post a copy of the jpg when I get to the file. And maybe there will be other pictures from the girls in China....
by whitebamboo
18 Jun 2012, 03:52

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

These pictures are from jk139, the admin of our Chinese Plushy fan forum:

http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/3773/banner1ij.jpg
At the Shanghai Airport. Her train arrived in Shanghai half an hour before Plushy's plane did, and she made it by rushing very, very hard :co_ol:

http://img821.imageshack.us/img821/1445/banner2sl.jpg
In the arena. The banner next to it is from Chris, another Plushy fan. plush48

http://img812.imageshack.us/img812/8383/banner3yj.jpg
The reflective material under a camera flash :sh_ok:

And here's what the original jpg looks like (approximately 4m by 1m when printed):
http://img856.imageshack.us/img856/5148/banneroriginal.jpg

Evgeni and Edvin's autographs on her "Live on Ice" DVD:

http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/4916/signature1lp.jpg

http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/1640/signature2y.jpg
At first, after getting Edvin's autographs, she didn't get a chance to get Plushy's, and Edvin told her he would ask Plushy to sign it for her after rehearsal. Later, she did get a chance to ask Plushy herself, yet Edvin still remembered it and checked with her to make sure she got the autograph. So considerate! :plush31:
by whitebamboo
19 Jun 2012, 22:57

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Shanghai airport, leaving China 17.06...
http://img857.imageshack.us/img857/1219/6f3d93c7tw1du3zdmqkarj.jpg
http://img837.imageshack.us/img837/9596/6f3d93c7tw1du41ft3krnj.jpg

The girls sending them off at the Shanghai airport (at 1 AM!) reported that Plushy took out his perfume (Givenchy Pi for Men, if you are wondering) and sprayed a little on each of their hands :hi_hi_hi: Plushy was very tired by then, but very sweet.

-------------------
And here is a review of the show (with lots of pictures) by someone who watched in Beijing. Plushy is on p. 4-5. He said that this was the best show he's seen in recent years, and that Plushy's performance was perfect (but hard to photograph because he moved so fast), while also interacting a lot with his fans and inciting screams :plush45:
http://s.dianping.com/topic/5292463
by whitebamboo
20 Jun 2012, 02:14

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

http://elsayoung.tumblr.com/tagged/Evgeni-Plushenko

Sorry, but i don't like when he makes this so strong mimicry. I know when he skates, he needs to do mimicry, but I think it's an exaggeration. I'm alone? Somebody tell him, it's a little bit exaggeration...

Well, I don't know if it's really mere mimicry....And after all, the program itself is a dramatic one, and photographs, capturing only one instant, can have an exaggerating effect, perhaps?

----------------------------

Some more bits and pieces reports from the Chinese tieba girls about sending Plushy, Edvin and Vitaly off at Shanghai after the show on the 17th:

-they got there ahead of Plushy, in the pouring rain, and waited for them. When Plushy came in, he said: "Wow, how do you know I''m here. You know everything! you are like spies!" and then "You're like KGB" :-) (He was just pretending to be surprised, actually, he told the girls himself earlier that they would be going to the airport right after the Shanghai show....)

-bigeyegugu asked Plushy whether he would consider using Russian chanson for a program (since Plushy mentioned it as a type of music he likes, back on the Romanian TV show in April). Plushy said that he likes it, but he wouldn't use it for a competition program. But in November, he'll be thirty, and there will be a big show to celebrate, and he may use it then for an exhibition program, maybe.

-And that was the moment when he took out his perfume and put some on everyone's hand, then a bit on his own hand, then rubbed his hair and face :hi_hi_hi: The girls asked him what brand, Plushy said Givenchy Pi Neo (note: I looked it up and Pi Neo is blue, but from the pictures it looks like Plushy had the yellowish bottle for the original Pi? So I'm not sure....) So the girls said: "We won't take a shower today!" Plushy laughed and said: "No, no, do take shower" ;;-)))

-Someone asked Plushy if he watched the Russian game, Plushy said he didn't, it was too late (the game would be on at about 2 AM in China), and he was tired, and there was still a practice at 7 AM, then he rolled his eyes :hi_hi_hi:

-Then they went to the counter to check-in, it seemed to take a long time, then Plushy was asked to go to a side room to have some luggage examined. Edvin and Vitaly waited at the door or the room, but Goldfishy, Edvin's Strad, had to go inside too. So one girl asked Edvin jokingly: "Where's your baby?" Edvin answered: "Baby likes it here in China, she decided to stay." Then they joked about maybe Kurt kidnappered her for ransom :-) Finally Plushy came out, and he went to the counter and got their boarding passes, pouting a little because of the extra hassle :plush36:

-lyapplehappy, one of the tieba managers, asked Edvin whether he played the Godfather before Plushy's Tango Roxanne program by special arrangement, Edvin said yes, because he saw their "Godfather on Ice" banner. The girls were so moved! :plush31: Another girl said to Edvin that the Godfather music reminded her of 8 years ago, when Plushy came to China for the first time and gained a victory with it (the GPF final in December 2004). Edvin took her hand, looked into her eyes, and said "You may expect another victory." plush48
by whitebamboo
22 Jun 2012, 01:44

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Stars on Ice - Italian summer tour 13-17.08.2012 (5 show

Haters will write anyway stupid things! :plush43: :ze_le_ny:
Normal people will understand that this is ONLY show, program is still in development ... and he had broken boot. Real skating fans will wait competitions, to comment the progam...

Moreover, what is important what haters think now ? More important is what will judges think on the competition! ::yaz-yk:

Some of the people who don't like Plushy will pretty much repeat the same things, no matter what the actual program looks like. And it's always the same stuff, anyway; it has been the same for years. It doesn't matter that much. *shrugs*

But since now the cat's out of the bag :-) , I'll mention that I like the choice of music more and more, and clearly it is meaningful to Evgeni. I'll leave what the judges will think to the judges and experts (i. e. how COP friendly it is, and that sort of thing) and just say what I myself think....As a viewer, I can already get a sense of depth to it, even though it is of course still in a very preliminary stage. My hope is that this will have a chance, when fully developed and displayed to all advantage, to be a quite "spiritual" program, even if that kind of thing is considered completely unimportant to many figure skating "experts" nowadays....
by whitebamboo
19 Aug 2012, 20:50

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Stars on Ice - Italian summer tour 13-17.08.2012 (5 show

cekoni wrote:
I think that this program will be remembered, as Adagio or "Moonligh sonata" :plush33:

I agree! Actually, somehow there is something about this program that reminds me a little about Adagio (Plushy's own favorite SP), even though of course these two programs are very different in form.
by whitebamboo
20 Aug 2012, 12:27

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Женя на тренировках || Evgeni on training

Look what kind of things people write on other fan forums:

"I heard that Plushy said he made another SP with Miyamoto in St. Petersburg at event in Japan.
(You may remember he came PIW Tokyo last month.)

He is going to make 2 shorts."

Of course I do remember that he visited PIW last month if I myself visited 4 shows. Folks even saw him whispering with Kenji in the backstage. But the second SP? When did Miyamoto come to St-Petersburg? I know Pasquale was there and then in Estonia. Kenji was in Italy before that. Was he in St-Petes too? Have I missed something? Enlighten me if you please. :plush47:

Hmmm, I don't know.... :plush38: I remember Evgeni saying something about Kenji coming to St. Petersburg at PIW, but as far as I remember there was nothing about it having anything to do with his SP. My impression was just that they will work more on the LP, perhaps? (After all, as we know, choreographing a Plushenko program is always a long process! :-) )
by whitebamboo
20 Aug 2012, 12:54

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Другие интересные новости || Other interesting news

I just wanted to post this part about Plushy here :hi_hi_hi:

Из интервью Бжезины:
http://www.icenetwork.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20120824&content_id=37264612&vkey=ice_news
Brezina happy with move to New Jersey, Petrenko
Czech star enjoys challenge of training alongside Johnny Weir in Hackensack.

Evgeni Plushenko, who seems to regard Europeans as his personal property.

This is just the writer of the article and not Brezina, but I still wanted to say this is another one of those little bits in the way some (okay, mostly NA) people write about Evgeni that irritate me. Evgeni never acted or acted as if he was "entitled" to any of his titles, Europeans or otherwise. Just the opposite.

As for the judging of the SP...Well, I don't mind if Brezina disagrees with it himself, but I think he's going to have to be a lot more specific and convincing if he was intending to speak for everybody else. It is true that Evgeni was unable to do the quad in the SP (and as he himself said several times, that wasn't his level, and he was never claiming that he expected to win with that particular set of jumps), but I also seemed to remember people choking left and right during the SP....As for people who "skated better shorts" than Evgeni, well, yes,I think Artur did. So I guess what I mean is, I don't agree with him.
by whitebamboo
26 Aug 2012, 00:37

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Контрольные прокаты || Open Test Skating - 2011, 2012

American boards mosty love it though :plush45:
I did not believe you, and I went to check.... :sh_ок: :-)

Thank you so much for the quotes from FSU, Cekoni! I am glad to see these comments, even though I do have to say that I generally have strong reservations about how much some of the people there, who often pass judgements about Evgeni's artistry or lack thereof, actually understand art....But the prevalent opinions there does seem to correspond to some extend with dominant opinions in the world of NA figure skating, so that perhaps is a positive sign purely from the point of view of judging. Of course, the program, as Evgeni himself mentioned, is only a working outline right now, so obviously a lot of work needs to be done.

The softer parts of the program, for instance the "Swan" part, is really beautiful, and that's also what everyone seems to like about it. But I do have to say that for me personally, it's still the less soft final Danse Macabre that is even more intriguing, and its contrast and (I think, need to see more, of course) conflict with what came before...
by whitebamboo
17 Sep 2012, 22:12

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Just as a joke and also because of the names of the music for this program, I have imagined the following story: :-)

At the beginning is a beautiful swan who is very alive ,energetic (jumps around :hi_hi_hi: ;D), then the Swan starts to swim elegantly on the lake until it got shot. The dying swan (or dead swan) is finally transformed into a fierce spirit fighting for its freedom :du_el: . So in the end it is a very proud swan spirit showing that "even I am dead, I am happy and free :ya_hoo_oo: ".
In Plushy's version - Swan did not die, than after the stabbing is turned into eagle :-)

So, my version of stages in his "transformation": :son-ce:
1. little prepuberty Swan
2. beautiful, sentimental, gentle, in love Swan
3. fierce mature mighty seductive Eagle

:-)
http://imageshack.us/a/img824/9885/swan3.jpg

... or, if you more prefer... :-):

https://twitter.com/Namitaka/status/248409951603662848

@EvgeniPlushenko It's interesting some Japanese fans are saying your "swan" is like the phoenix and I think so!!
Because you have been getting over many difficulties and making comebacks again and again like the phoenix!

I really like what you say about "turning into a eagle", Cekoni, and also what lovplush said about the "proud spirit" of the swan, who is free in death. The Japanese fan's idea about the phoenix is great too...It really seems to me that this Saint-Saens program is capturing the imagination of fans; in other places I'm also seeing fans coming up with ideas and theories for their interpretations of the program. :plush45:

Of course this program is still just an outline, and one really needs to see it in its true from to fully appreciate it. For myself, I haven't made up a story about what this is about yet, but I find it interesting that in various different ways people interpret this program, it seems there is frequently the themes of light/darkness, death, innocence, and transformation... :plush38:

Personally, I really like the Danse Macabre part of the program. I know there's been some people who are criticizing it, because it was such a contrast with the tenderness of the previous part, and maybe it could be seen as strange, or "too much", or "flailing", etc. Well, I haven't really formulated my thoughts very well yet, but perhaps I wanted to mention that actually, the swan is not simply a soft, ethereal gliding bird, but also a powerful and sometimes dangerous creature, and one "flail"of its great big wings has been known to break bones. ::yaz-yk: And it's not only enchanted maidens that are turned into swans: remember that the great Greek god Zeus himself once became a swan to engender Leda, with the fateful result of Helen...So perhaps that's my disagreement with the aesthetic of some of the commenters (for instance on FSU) about for instance the Danse Macabre part of this program, but also often about Plushy in general. It seems that they can understand something if it happens to be "pretty" and fits in their idea of how things should be, but from the way the talk, I get the sense that at least for some of them, art does not go further than that. But Evgeni is so much deeper and more complex...
by whitebamboo
19 Sep 2012, 22:27

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

And since we are now talking about swans and eagles and phoenixes... :-) I took a look around online for the symbolism of swans, and one strange thing I just found out is that in the tradition of European alchemy (which in itself has been interpreted, for instance by Jung, as an allegory for psychological/spiritual transformation), the "White Swan", the "White Eagle", and the "Skeleton" (Danse Macabre, anyone?) are all symbols of one stage of the alchemical process called "Whitening", which (I think) can be interpreted as a kind of sublimation through death. The previous stage is called "Blackening", which is often symbolized by black birds such as the crow or the raven. There are other stages after Whitening, but at the final transformation, the symbol is indeed the Phoenix, reborn from the fire. So at least symbolically, a swan certainly can turn into both an eagle and a phoenix!

(from this interesting page on alchemy:
http://www.levity.com/alchemy/animal.html )

Sorry, my mind seems to work in some dubious ways...I am not suggesting at all that this is what Plushy and Mishin had in mind, or that this program is some sort of alchemical allegory! Just that I find it kind of curious that the swan is indeed traditionally a symbol of transformation, death and rebirth...
by whitebamboo
20 Sep 2012, 02:23

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Opera On Ice - Verona, Italy 22.09.2012

cekoni wrote:
"La donna e mobile"
@TizianaBettinel: Opera on Ice: such a great show! http://pic.twitter.com/Lezt3fPL

Wow!! :plush31: :sh_ок: He looks like a true Casanova in this!
by whitebamboo
24 Sep 2012, 00:44

Jump to forum
Jump to topic