Показательные выступления Жени || Evgeni's Gala Exibition

Зимние Олимпийские игры 2010 в Ванкувере || Winter Olympic games 2010 in Vancouver

Re: Показательные выступления Жени || Evgeni's Gala Exibitio

Postby Doll » 07 Mar 2010, 00:09

cekoni wrote:
Doll wrote:Okay...thanks. I just looked on Wikipedia at "Stars on Ice", and they listed skaters that have performed on there. ...

See, who is producer - Scott Hamilton ;;-)))
http://www.starsonice.com/figure-skating/?content=about

... and then he plays "naive and objective" commentator.... not to mention and Dick Button's, whose record was in "danger" :plush34:

:plush42: That is true! I can't understand it either. He talked so highly of Zhenya and then he has this spectacle? What a shame. :-( It is an embarrassment.
Doll

Postby AnyaNikolaievna » 07 Mar 2010, 00:33

I know Zhenya was offered to be in SOI sometimes but refused.

As for Scott, I was SHOCKED at what he had to say about him in the competitive portions of the Olympics. He always spoke so highly of him before! Well in Torino his commentary was a slight disappointment but still you could tell he admired him. It's like he's forced between a rock and a hard place; he doesn't want to be dishonest about his feelings for Zhenya but I bet he's afraid to point out the flaws of the judging because it involves Lysacek's "crown."
"Show what you are capable of!" -- Evgeni Plushenko

"Was there ever a man who loved, who loved not at first sight?" -- Christopher Marlowe
AnyaNikolaievna

Postby cekoni » 07 Mar 2010, 02:07

AnyaNikolaievna wrote:As for Scott, I was SHOCKED at what he had to say about him in the competitive portions of the Olympics. He always spoke so highly of him before! Well in Torino his commentary was a slight disappointment but still you could tell he admired him. It's like he's forced between a rock and a hard place; he doesn't want to be dishonest about his feelings for Zhenya but I bet he's afraid to point out the flaws of the judging because it involves Lysacek's "crown."

As I already said - only after the competition began praises - no, thank you! :za_da_va_la: ... what I see, the money was a stronger motive than the ethics of the profession, and as a commentator and as an athlete :ze_le_ny:

.... and that they made a hell for him with they "video-portraits", and provoked that all the fools in America to attack him - this is nothing?! :plush43: I wrote on one site, where they criticized NBC for chauvinism, that Zhenya should sue them for such an unprofessional relationship against him :plush29:

P.S... not to mention Sale and CTV :ze_le_ny: ... did Chan them so much like a "favorite", that were supposed to be buried Evgeni alive? :plush43: Ah, that I forgot - their people have created this scoring system to their skaters .... what to say more? :ps_ih:

P.S.S. British Eurosport (and yahoo) is a story for themselves - obedient followers! :ze_le_ny: ... "how America play, so they and dance" ... so much, about the British sense for fair-play... :za_da_va_la:

-----------------

Arghhhhhhhhhhh! :plush29: :goria_cho: ... I feel better now :)-(: :hi_hi_hi:
cekoni
Administrator

Postby dimi » 07 Mar 2010, 03:02

British Eurosport was pretty good for Plush in short and long program, what are you talking about??
They were sure he won at the end and they are very objective. Bear in mind, they are not Plushenko official site fans, they are commentators in Olympics, they have to be careful and this is not Euro Championshops, it is Olympics. And it is pretty obvious they liked Plushenko and wanted him to win.

Sale is a RETARDED WOMAN, dont pay attention. Nobody likes her, not even Americans :hi_hi_hi:
dimi

Postby Doll » 07 Mar 2010, 03:38

Please do not include me in that category with all those that were so hateful to Evgeni. I can only say that I apologize for my country to be so disrespectful. :plush43: It truly is embarrassing :ny_tik: and if I could apologize for the whole of Northern America, I would. Nevertheless, the damage is done and I can understand the disappointment. As for the American, Canadian, and any other rude commentators/reporters/writers...they now of course, as you said Chekoni, after the Gala exhibition, talk so HIGHLY of Zhenya. :ze_le_ny: Give me a break. Regardless of what they say, I will always believe in Plushy, he is undeniably the BEST! :a_g_a: :co_ol:
:plush45:
Doll

Postby dimi » 07 Mar 2010, 04:33

I personnaly dont think all americans didnt like Plushy. I have spoken to many people in fsuniverse who are americans and wanted Evgeni to win and also in facebook. I m not thinking all the americans liked Lysacek as well. And people who got carried away from media, something tells me they are not regular figure skating fans.
And also I watched the gala, audience cheered for him and they gave Plushy a standing ovation :plush46:
No need to apologize!
dimi

Postby cekoni » 07 Mar 2010, 04:42

dimi wrote:British Eurosport was pretty good for Plush in short and long program, what are you talking about??
They were sure he won at the end and they are very objective. Bear in mind, they are not Plushenko official site fans, they are commentators in Olympics, they have to be careful and this is not Euro Championshops, it is Olympics....

I do not see reason, that they had to be "careful" in Oly, more than on the European Championship? :ne_vi_del: Do not tell me, that you not compare comments these same commentators from 2006, and now - 2010?
How then, they could boast him - to say, that Plushy is "greatest ever" .. and now says: "maybe - if he win here" ... to say, that "his steps not have nothing with the music"? :plush43:

OK, I admit that I never saw a british Eurosport video of LP :smu:sche_nie: .... I mixed them with the BBC's video, with commentary by Robin Cousins :plush29:

... but the author's of texts on official Eurosport Yahoo site is worst, which I saw - they lead a campaign against his "platinum" against his "complains", "sore loser", etc.... :ze_le_ny:

So, my sentence about, so-called: "British fair-play" still standing :-(

Doll wrote:Please do not include me in that category with all those that were so hateful to Evgeni. I can only say that I apologize for my country to be so disrespectful. :plush43: It truly is embarrassing :ny_tik: and if I could apologize for the whole of Northern America, I would...

You are no need to apologize on behalf of this fools :plush36:
I am emphasized - TV Networks, commentators, one producer and many fools :ps_ih: ... which have everywhere :mi_ga_et:
cekoni
Administrator

Postby KingdomOfJoy » 07 Mar 2010, 07:12

I don't know about other networks, but CTV commentators picked on Russian skaters especially hard - it was so obvious :plush43: But, actually, they did not pick that much on Evgenii Plushenko, well at least not during SP and Gala. However, I don't think they gave him as many good words as they should have - let's be honest, he is a GENIUS and deserves much more :a_g_a:

I recorded words of CTV commentators during Short Program. I might have mixed up who is #1 and #3 commentator - sorry about that.
#1: Here he is.Not lacking in any confidence, Evgenii Plushenko. Some skating fans call him the King of Russia.
#2: He is a competitor, intense.
#1: He opens with a quad. [note: Evgenii Plushenko jumps quad] Oh - Welcome Back! Like he never left!
#2: It's like he doesn't even question it. Beautiful triple axel, solid landing.
#1: Right in to the triple lutz.
#2: And his fotwork sequence is involved circular and a straight line. You can see that he is turning alot in the same direction where you will see that someone like Patrick Chan has both directions which have higher points.
#1: Beware everybody - Evgenii Plushenko has returned! And has returned with a bang!
#1: Evgenii Plushenko - the King has returned.
#1: David, we've been talking about him for days, we've watched him in practice. People can talk all about the jumps - it's the landings, the guy that doesn't miss. How can you not watch him?! He makes me wanna watch him. You can put 10 people on the ice and your eyes will be on him right away.
#2: It's confidence, he just oozes confidence.
#1: It's borderline arrogant.
#2: It's true.
#1: But that's what you need. This is a sport.
#3: And I love and has always loved the way that he treats this. He has always treated like it is a conquest, like he wants to go into the rink and beat everybody up.
#2: But he respects the sport too by really training: by putting a 100% percent in everytime he steps on ice.
#3: It is going to be very difficult for the rest of the field now because of the points that he ammases(?) with that quad in combination with triple axel which is like butter.
#2: Let's face it, some of the movements he does I don't buy, they don't go on a music. But that's okay! He is performing it.
#3: In his own defense, in his own interpretation.
#2: Exactly! He believes in it, I don't - but that's okay. He believes in it. And he puts everything he's got in every movement that he does.
#3: We have watched this young man since he is first seen on the skating scene with that men on the right - Alexei Mishin - since he was 14. And Evgenii Plushenko comes back to try and win another Olympic Gold Medal. The Olympic record is 90.66, the World record is 91.30 - will he threaten those marks? 90.85 and it is a new Olympic Record. And you what he is saying to everybody else "Beat that! Beat that!".
#2: He almost doesn't look pleased with it - it's interesting. Maybe in his own personal way he was trying to achieve a higher score.

If somebody is interested, I can type what they said during Free Skate.
KingdomOfJoy

Postby dimi » 07 Mar 2010, 07:32

Well 4 years is a big gap for judges and commentators, back in 2006 they announced him Olympic Champion before the end of competition.
Now it was different. If you dont understand how it was different I cant explain here. Commentators are not ubers or fans that follow a single skater.
In any case British Eurosport Chris, Simon and Nicky are big Plushy fans, they were really nice to Plush, they welcomed him, they said they were thrilled he came back and he is a legend and he will never be forgotten. They said he proved again he is the best male skater. I didnt hear that for any other skater. So stop being upset with everyone. I have seen both sp and lp in eurosport and they were ok. Considering they should keep an objectivity because they have to comments on 30 skaters, with Plush they were pretty generous. They also love Lambiel but were pretty severe with him. Even our commentator who loves Plush like his grandchild(so he says) tried to keep balance for the results. I didnt see anything wrong with British Eurosport. German eurosport also were very exciting about his comeback and were thinking he won at the end. French Eurosport still believes he should have won :mi_ga_et: :hi_hi_hi:

Yahoo is American, not British.
dimi

Postby cekoni » 07 Mar 2010, 08:58

KingdomOfJoy wrote:I don't know about other networks, but CTV commentators picked on Russian skaters especially hard - it was so obvious :plush43: But, actually, they did not pick that much on Evgenii Plushenko, well at least not during SP and Gala. ....

If somebody is interested, I can type what they said during Free Skate.

Thank you, Kingdom :plush39: - not so bad :co_ol: ... maybe just some most impressionability sentences from LP :mi_ga_et:

I saw their Gala ........ :a_g_a:
"Without quad, this is not man skating, say Plushenko - Quadsheeeeeeeenko! .... He did not jump quad! Noooooo, hahaha" .... etc....
And this - not so bad, but they were so talking when was the most moving music, and over the applause ... :kli_ny:

Believe me, I know very well, how with the media can manipulate, or "destroy" impression which you have, or impose other opinion :plush34: ... one example, if you noticed that was only he shooted all the time from the back, while he waited to go on the ice? :mi_ga_et:

Tell me Kingdom - "TSN" is also Canadian network? :du_ma_et:

dimi wrote:... Commentators are not ubers or fans that follow a single skater....
Yahoo is American, not British.

But I am fan - and i have right do not like someone's commenting ::yaz-yk:

So, what do you want to tell me - Eurosport (which have site on Yahoo), and there have so nasty texts about Plushy.... so, Eurosport not have influence on content of this texts? :ne_vi_del:
cekoni
Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to Ванкувер 2010 || Vancouver 2010