Japan Open 2012 & gala Carnival on Ice - Saitama 06.10.2012

Возвращение в спорт, тренировки, сборы, соревнования! || Comeback to sport, Training, Camps, Competitions

Re: Japan Open 2012 & gala Carnival on Ice - Saitama 06.10.2

Postby Kudryavka » 13 Oct 2012, 10:56

Kurt Browning, Evgeni Plushenko on similar paths
By Kurt Browning | Posted: Friday, October 12, 2012 | 09:38 PM

Evgeni Plushenko returned to competition last season with an eye toward the 2014 Olympics in his native Russia. (Dean Mouhtaropoulos/Getty Images)

Evgeni Plushenko and I have something in common.

I wish it was our triple Axel, or the fact that we both carry combs, but I'm thinking more along the lines of we're both trying to come back to competition.

Recently, Plushenko and I both competed in different events in Japan as curious eyes followed our every move. What's at stake for both of us?

...(Kurt wrote about how hard the performance under NJS was, and hat off to current skaters)...

For those skaters who can do all of this and still find the time to entertain, you are skate gods for sure.

After that glowing love letter to the skaters, I'll follow it up with another one to the guys in the men's category who are trying to make a comeback of sorts.

Hats off to Plushenko

Mr. Plushenko... Wow! What does he have at stake? I had only a taste of the demands of competition and he is jumping into the deep end. To win medals in three Olympics and then take time off from competition only to make a charge at it again in your home country is remarkable.

After seeing him skate shows in China in June of 2012 and then watching him compete at the Japan Open this month, I believe he is the real deal and deserves respect.

I have no idea how his journey will end, but I will be following it with curiosity and amazement. Maybe Plushenko will have a strong world championships in 2013 without the Grand Prix events to prepare, but I'm certain he should attempt them in the season prior to Sochi.

Johnny Weir has also put everything he has out there, and good luck to him in the Grand Prix events. Johnny's cause would certainly be helped by a consistent quad.

Evan Lysacek needs to compete before U.S. Nationals, in my opinion. His plan to compete at Skate America has been run off the rails by injury. Certainly, injury is a bigger worry for the older skaters. Now Evan has no Grand Prix events and I believe it will make the climb back for him even steeper now that he is not competing this season.

Speaking of scary, as much fun and educational as competing was, I look forward to getting back into the booth with Tracy, Scott and Brenda and working the competitions from the CBC side of things.

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/figureskating/ ... paths.html

---
Kurt wrote this 6 hours ago from now. I think he is trying to explain he never show animosity towards Zhenya. Thank you. Kurt :plush39:
He didn't compete for three years, but as soon as I saw him, I knew that there was a true Olympic Champion on the ice. - Takahiko Kozuka, Rostelecom Cup 2009

These users thanked the author Kudryavka for the post (total 6):
simona (13 Oct 2012, 21:12) • whitebamboo (13 Oct 2012, 20:19) • Виктория (13 Oct 2012, 19:11) • cekoni (13 Oct 2012, 14:03) • bigeyegugu (13 Oct 2012, 13:17) • Coral (13 Oct 2012, 12:54)
Rating: 25%

Kudryavka

Postby cekoni » 13 Oct 2012, 14:05

Kudryavka wrote:....
Kurt wrote this 6 hours ago from now. I think he is trying to explain he never show animosity towards Zhenya. Thank you. Kurt :plush39:

Rather "inarticulate" :ps_ih: ... but from him - and that's enough! :-)
cekoni
Administrator

Postby cekoni » 13 Oct 2012, 14:09

lilywang wrote:"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life."
-Winston Churchill

Somehow I came across this quote from Churchill today and I immediately thought about Plushy. Plushy and Mishin have always stood up for what they believed in figure skating, they never shy away from their beliefs, or should I say, shy away from their responsibilities as leaders and visionaries of the sport. They stood up for quad in Vancouver, and brought it back to the sport. :plush41: They will continue the fight :plush46:

... and just because of these traits - Plushy is hated... but and so many loved! :plush41: :son-ce:

These users thanked the author cekoni for the post:
lovplush (13 Oct 2012, 20:32)
Rating: 4.17%

cekoni
Administrator

Postby whitebamboo » 13 Oct 2012, 19:56

lilywang wrote:"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life."
-Winston Churchill

Somehow I came across this quote from Churchill today and I immediately thought about Plushy. Plushy and Mishin have always stood up for what they believed in figure skating, they never shy away from their beliefs, or should I say, shy away from their responsibilities as leaders and visionaries of the sport. They stood up for quad in Vancouver, and brought it back to the sport. :plush41: They will continue the fight :plush46:

Thank you for this great quote, Lily!

In Nikoneko's beautiful video, one of the quotes from Evgeni that moved me the most is "The duty of a top athlete is to improve the sport". That's such an idealistic thing to say, but looking at his career, including and especially Vancouver, I really think he has always done by actions what he spoke in words. To me personally, having stood up for the quad in Vancouver may very well be seen as one of his most meaningful achievements in the sport, even more so than the colors of medals. And this includes those things he said for which he was accused of being "unsportsmanlike" or "ungracious" at the time (FWIW, I feel at that point, being "gracious", from his point of view, was just about the least necessary thing imaginable).

(Incidentally, since we're talking about Vancouver, the quad, and the Canadian skating establishment, I do want to say that although I've never been a fan of Elvis Stojko, I always felt very grateful to him for speaking up so strongly on Evgeni's side at the time of Vancouver. I thought he was always rather negativistic of Evgeni's skating (and about Russian skaters), so I can only surmise that his beliefs about the importance of the quad in men's skating was strong enough to overrule whatever he though about Evgeni in particular, and any cultural differences or "Cold War" mindset there might have been. This is something I feel a lot of respect for.)

These users thanked the author whitebamboo for the post (total 5):
bigeyegugu (14 Oct 2012, 08:26) • Coral (14 Oct 2012, 08:10) • lilywang (14 Oct 2012, 07:03) • simona (13 Oct 2012, 21:08) • lovplush (13 Oct 2012, 20:32)
Rating: 20.83%

whitebamboo

Postby cekoni » 14 Oct 2012, 13:14

JO 2012 Evgeni Plushenko: ... version with Detail Scores under video :plush45:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6_0TevMkhg

These users thanked the author cekoni for the post:
simona (14 Oct 2012, 13:21)

cekoni
Administrator

Postby Lotus » 14 Oct 2012, 20:33

cekoni wrote:JO 2012 Evgeni Plushenko: ... version with Detail Scores under video :plush45:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6_0TevMkhg

Thanks for posting it

3A and both steps should be with +3 goe :a_g_a:
Всё будет как должно быть..
Lotus

Postby Lotus » 14 Oct 2012, 21:16

Kudryavka wrote:Kurt Browning, Evgeni Plushenko on similar paths

Evgeni Plushenko returned to competition last season with an eye toward the 2014 Olympics in his native Russia. (Dean Mouhtaropoulos/Getty Images)

Evgeni Plushenko and I have something in common.

I wish it was our triple Axel, or the fact that we both carry combs, but I'm thinking more along the lines of we're both trying to come back to competition.

Recently, Plushenko and I both competed in different events in Japan as curious eyes followed our every move. What's at stake for both of us?

If Petrenko or Urmanov would compete there, "curious eyes” would follow them too. :hi_hi_hi:

I don't see anything special about Browning. Those steps he performs all the time, anyone can learn and do them, nothing too hard. Even boring Kulik was much more exciting to watch with those beautiful 3 lutzs, just amazing, plus flow of his skating.

Beauty in the eyes of the viewers, in men skating I like good posture, long lines, and wide polished skating with smooth flow and of course big jumps. :sh_ок:

Browning NEVER will be in the same league of Plushenko. He just simply doesn’t have his competitive record not even close to Plushenko’s with three Olympic medals. He never had Plushenkos competitive spirit.
Probably he spend some time to practise his routine for JO, so did Kulik, Yags and Takashi, they had their comeback too and “curious eyes” followed them too. ::yaz-yk:
Hope these facts Browning fans can accept.

These users thanked the author Lotus for the post (total 3):
bigeyegugu (15 Oct 2012, 08:45) • lala630312 (15 Oct 2012, 00:46) • Дарина (14 Oct 2012, 23:38)
Rating: 12.5%

Lotus

Postby cekoni » 14 Oct 2012, 21:29

Lotus wrote:I don't see anything special about Browning. Those steps he performs all the time, anyone can learn and do them, nothing too hard....
Browning NEVER will be in the same league of Plushenko. He just simply doesn’t have his competitive record not even close to Plushenko’s with three Olympic medals. He never had Plushenkos competitive spirit....

I agree :co_ol:
He was just trying to elevate himself, comparing himself with Plushy .... and where are his returns to competition - MWO and Hamilton's new competition with retired skaters? :ps_ih:

... I only respect his the level of skating in his, however, elderly years of age :co_ol:
cekoni
Administrator

Postby Lotus » 14 Oct 2012, 21:48

whitebamboo wrote: (Incidentally, since we're talking about Vancouver, the quad, and the Canadian skating establishment, I do want to say that although I've never been a fan of Elvis Stojko, I always felt very grateful to him for speaking up so strongly on Evgeni's side at the time of Vancouver. I thought he was always rather negativistic of Evgeni's skating (and about Russian skaters), so I can only surmise that his beliefs about the importance of the quad in men's skating was strong enough to overrule whatever he though about Evgeni in particular, and any cultural differences or "Cold War" mindset there might have been. This is something I feel a lot of respect for.)

well, I see it different, since the program with quads harder to perform clean, there is a HUGE risk to loose gold medal for Russians at Oly 2014, of course Canadian started to lobby quads for 2014. If system stayed the same, Evgeni could win gold easily with just triple jumps, he would just add tons of transitions.
Why Stoyko keep his mouth shut before Vancouver, this is your answer! Canada didn’t want to risk the gold, they didn’t expect Plushenko to skate two clean programs with risky quads two Olympics in a row. Evgeni screwed up for them big time! :co_ol:
That’s the karma many people have to live now, including Evgeni ( in a good way).

Quad jump is very risky jump! Hope by next year Evgeni will improve more and his PSC will be higher than the rest of the field and he won’t need too many quads to perform for gold medal. plush48
IMHO

These users thanked the author Lotus for the post:
lala630312 (15 Oct 2012, 00:47)

Lotus

Postby Дарина » 14 Oct 2012, 23:02

Kudryavka wrote:Kurt Browning, Evgeni Plushenko on similar paths

перевод статьи Курта Браунинга
http://www.cbc.ca/sports/figureskating/ ... paths.html
(Я перевела всю, не только его слова о Жене, но и о себе любимом :plush46: , о гениальном новом поколении фигуристов :mi_ga_et: :hi_hi_hi: и о тех, кто возвращается в спорт, кроме Жени).
-----------------------
Евгений Плющенко вернулся в спорт в прошлом сезоне с прицелом на Олимпиаду-2014 в его родной России. (Dean Mouhtaropoulos / Getty Images)

У меня есть что-то общее с Евгением Плющенко.
Мне хотелось бы, чтобы это был тройной аксель, или чтобы мы оба носили расчески :-) , но я думаю, нас больше объединяет стремление вернуться к соревнованиям.
Недавно мы с Плющенко участвовали в разных турнирах в Японии, и любопытные глаза следили за каждым нашим движением. Что поставлено на карту для нас обоих?

Для меня это было личным. Не имело значения, с кем я буду соревноваться, потому что я знал, что самым большим соперником будет моя собственная голова. Я беспокоился, что буду волноваться до такой степени, что не смогу выразить себя естественным образом. В какой-то степени это действительно случилось, я напрягся.

Сегодня я посмотрел свою программу «Поющие под дождем» с Medal Winners Open в Интернете, и, за исключением того, что я катался медленнее, чем мне казалось, и что я поскользнулся на сальхове, мне понравилось.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBqqX3eVuRc&feature=player_embedded
Изумление по поводу второго места было легко заметно на моем лице, и для меня было очевидно, что именно благодаря программе я очутился на подиуме.

Почти 20 лет назад John Brunton (INSIGHT productions), Sandra Bezic и CBC объединились вместе со мной, чтобы создать ледовую версию шедевра Gene Kelly «Singing In The Rain».

Во время моей карьеры в качестве профессионала я никогда не возвращался к этой программе и не исполнял её. Я пообещал себе сделать это однажды и я должен сказать, что эту программу замечательно катать. Мне удалось найти оригинальный наряд на CBC..., и у меня уже была шляпа. Зонтик делает прыжки сложной задачей, но он замечательный партнер на льду.

После столь долгого ожидания, чувствовалось, что это подходящий сезон, чтобы вернуть программу, и с помощью Doug Haw из Granite Club я предпринял это.

Было так много эмоций, связанных с подготовкой к соревнованиям, которые предполагают наличие судей и прямое сравнение с другими фигуристами. На каком-то уровне это напомнило мне о том, что переживают молодые фигуристы, когда они соревнуются. Но если я думал, что я могу вспомнить это чувство, я был не прав! Это мероприятие не ставило на кон национальный, мировой или олимпийский титул, и все же я чувствовал прессинг.

Новое уважение к нынешним фигуристам.
Да, у меня теперь обновлённое уважение к мощи соревновательного момента. Кроме того, я из поколения, которое выступало прежде, чем была введена "новая" судейская система. Сказать, что я упирался и сопротивлялся новой системе, - это было бы точным утверждением.

Мне очень нравится, что фигуристы теперь чувствуют больший контроль над своей карьерой, и с пятого места они всё же могут рвануть на вершину подиума, но многие аспекты системы оставили меня равнодушным.

Шаги кажутся порой предсказуемыми, и на вращения не всегда приятно смотреть. Спирали с таким долгим захватом лезвия раздражали меня, и я чувствовал, что фигуристы должны так много сделать технически, что у них остаётся мало времени, чтобы заставить зрителей улыбаться или чтобы раскрыть свою индивидуальность.

Воспоминания о системе 6,0 и магии, которую это число приносило некоторым событиям, не позволили мне понять, чего достигла новая система судейства. Потому что я не повременил, чтобы действительно изучить систему полностью, я не оценил, насколько замечательным сделали данные правила это поколение фигуристов.

Позвольте сказать, насколько это трудно – захватить ногу, вращаясь сверхбыстро. Ладно, на самом деле я не могу об этом рассказывать, потому что я сам даже не смог бы найти свою ногу, чтобы захватить её!

Вращения были важны в моё время, но не утомляли вас так, как эти. Нет покоя для нечестивых и во время катания между элементами, потому что каждая секунда моего проката оценивается, а не только общий образ, что делало меня сверхвнимательным и немного боящимся каждого шага.

Как спортсмены это делают? Эти дети хороши! Снимаю шляпу, а я всегда ношу шляпу, перед всеми фигуристами мира, которые движутся к Олимпиаде-2014. Я рад, что попробовал соревноваться, а также всем дополнительным знаниям, которые пришли ко мне благодаря этому. Потому что, фигуристы, которые могут всё это делать и ещё находить время, чтобы развлекать, вы точно боги конька.

После этого пылкого любовного письма к фигуристам последует другое, к ребятам из категории одиночников, которые пытаются осуществить возвращения разных сортов.

Шляпу долой перед Плющенко

Mистер Плющенко... Вот это да ! Что у него на кону? Я всего лишь попробовал требования соревнований, a он бросается сразу в самую гущу. Завоевать медали трёх Олимпиад и затем сделать перерыв от соревнований только для того, чтобы нацелиться на них снова, в своей родной стране, - это удивительно.

После того, как я наблюдал его катание в Китае в июне 2012 года, а потом на турнире Japan Open в этом месяце, я полагаю, он по-настоящему хорош и заслуживает уважения.

Не имею понятия, как закончится его путешествие, но я буду следить за ним с любопытством и удивлением. Может быть, у Плющенко будет сильный чемпионат мира в 2013 году без подготовки на Гран-при, но я уверен, что он должен выступить там в олимпийском сезоне.

Джонни Вейр тоже поставил всё, что у него есть, и удачи ему на Гран-при. Джонни, конечно, очень бы помог стабильный квад.

Эвану Лайсачеку нужно выступить на соревнованиях до чемпионата США, по моему мнению. Его план выступить на Skate America сорвался из-за травмы. Конечно, травма – большее беспокойство для возрастных спортсменов. Теперь у Эвана нет Гран-При, и я считаю, это сделает для него подъем назад еще круче, раз он не соревнуется в этом сезоне.

Говоря о том, какие страшные, равно как и веселые и познавательные эти соревнования, я с нетерпением жду возвращения в кабинку с Трейси, Скоттом и Брендой и работы на соревнованиях со стороны CBC.

Держитесь за пульты дистанционного управления, поклонники фигурного катания, особенно во время состязаний мужчин, так как это будет веселая поездка.
-------------------------------
М. Плисецкая: "Пожалуй, Плющенко похож на Годунова. Тоже высокий, статный, эффектный, уверен в себе. Да и эти длинные развевающиеся на ветру и в пируэтах белые волосы. Такой же тип. И темперамент у него есть, и артистизм."

These users thanked the author Дарина for the post (total 4):
simona (15 Oct 2012, 11:23) • Таня (15 Oct 2012, 04:54) • lёle4ka (15 Oct 2012, 01:53) • cekoni (15 Oct 2012, 01:03)
Rating: 16.67%

Дарина

PreviousNext

Return to СОРЕВНОВАНИЯ || COMPETITIONS 2009-2015