Чемпионат Европы 2013 || European Championships 2013

Возвращение в спорт, тренировки, сборы, соревнования! || Comeback to sport, Training, Camps, Competitions

Re: Чемпионат Европы 2013 || European Championships 2013

Postby cekoni » 29 Jan 2013, 00:18

Gal4onok wrote:Евгений Плющенко: сорванный триумф
Зимние виды - Фигурное катание
http://winter.sport-express.ru/figuresk ... ews/28073/
Елена ВАЙЦЕХОВСКАЯ 25.01.2013 00:08

Translation by quiqie from http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthr ... 8edc80be89

"Evgeni Plushenko: failed triumph"
by Elena Vaitsekhovskaya

The beginning of the European championships, that started in Zagreb on Wednesdey, was clouded by tragic event - death of Leonid Trankov, father of the World vice-champion in pairs skating Maxim Trankov, who in his time was also a world-class equestrian athlete. Stepanovich, as he was known in sports circles, was a frequent guest at the most popular Russian figure skating board under his own name, which is rare on the Internet. He liked to discuss all kinds of topics with the fans, but didn't tolerate the only thing - lack of respect for the athletes' work. No matter who it was about - his own son or his most principal rivals.

When Stepanovich has passed away, one of his opponent on the board wrote in a farewell letter:

"...You always defended athletes and coaches. You loved them as if they were your own. I didn't understand that, but I accepted one detail - you were a part of this big family with all its problems and sicknesses. You understood perfectly what it is to let your own child into the mill of children sports system, to bring him up and lead him to some serious results. And most importantly - you always stood for the sports ethics. You were the only one and almost the last, who demanded respect for the work in sport and respect for the personality in sport."

I thought about those words that were never heard by Trankov-sr yesterday, when I watched the Olympic champion, three-times world champion, seven-times European champion Evgeni Plushenko skating in Zagreb.

There is a lot of subjectivity in figure skating. Even when a champion is at his peak, it never happens that everyone likes him.There are fans of other skaters, there are people who have completely different tastes and like different skating style, there are, after all, professionals, who always see if a person has realized his full potential, having skated lights out, or underperformed, skating without much strain. Such critique can sometimes be ruthless. What should I say about times when a former star starts to wane, getting old and accumulating injuries.

Now, when Evgeni didn't show his best in the short program (more precisely, showed his worst, having placed sixth, which is totally uncharacteristical for him), and then gave up on the fight for the European podium, maybe one could still find some fault with him. But is it worth it? For many years, whatever had happened in his carrier, he was completely honest with audience: never showed a lackluster performance, for example. He did the most difficult jumps when his body let him, and when it didn't, he still went all out. Like at the Russian national championships in December, after which all Plushenko's injuries, that he accumulated over the last decade, had aggravated. Perhaps that could be avoided if he excluded at least the quads from his programs. But ... not in his character.

I listed all his titles above on purpose. Only an outsider to the sport can think that if you win once, after that gold medals start just falling into your outstretched hands. From the 1998 World championship, where Plushenko replaced Ilya Kulik and won bronze, until this season - 15 years of hardest work, injuries, victories, defeats, and endless struggle with himself. We, having criticized him for some of his doings, rarely spared a thought how difficult it must have been for him to overcome himself and find motivation when everything that he could win he had already won many times.

When an outstanding athlete tries to hold on on previously achieved level, it's hard to watch without emotions. It's the most painful moment in sport: to understand that the desire to win is still all-consuming, but resources to do it become more and more limited. But even when an athlete looks completely powerless, it's not a reason to lose respect for him. After all, it was his decision to go through that as well. Such decision is always a challenge.

Well, and as for the failed triumph in Zagreb... Maybe it was the performance that helped us to realize how much he had brought to figure skating. How much emotion he evoked not only from his fans, but also from the most notorious haters. All is left for us is to hope for his next inevitable comeback. And wish him good luck in that.

These users thanked the author cekoni for the post (total 4):
Виктория (31 Jan 2013, 23:50) • Gabry (30 Jan 2013, 01:08) • lala630312 (29 Jan 2013, 19:01) • simona (29 Jan 2013, 01:06)
Rating: 16.67%

cekoni
Administrator

Postby cekoni » 29 Jan 2013, 00:49

Many thanks Mila, Dustman and other girls for updates on forum! :ro_za:

These users thanked the author cekoni for the post (total 2):
dustman (29 Jan 2013, 20:07) • lala630312 (29 Jan 2013, 19:01)
Rating: 8.33%

cekoni
Administrator

Postby whitebamboo » 29 Jan 2013, 02:00

cekoni wrote:
Gal4onok wrote:Евгений Плющенко: сорванный триумф
Зимние виды - Фигурное катание
http://winter.sport-express.ru/figuresk ... ews/28073/
Елена ВАЙЦЕХОВСКАЯ 25.01.2013 00:08

Translation by quiqie from http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthr ... 8edc80be89

"Evgeni Plushenko: failed triumph"
by Elena Vaitsekhovskaya

By Madame E. V.? :sh_ок: :sh_ок:

Well, maybe I'm too distrustful...But in any case I won't speak of him as if he were dead and gone. It's going to be a hard year coming, incredibly hard, I think, but we will look to the future, right? plush48

His fighting spirit will be for later, when he will need it. But for now, I will pray for recovery and patience. I will pray that our love, and the love of those close to him, protect him.

Thank you, Cekoni, and all the other girls who were there in Zagreb for him!

These users thanked the author whitebamboo for the post (total 4):
Gabry (30 Jan 2013, 01:09) • lala630312 (29 Jan 2013, 19:02) • Дарина (29 Jan 2013, 02:46) • cekoni (29 Jan 2013, 02:14)
Rating: 16.67%

whitebamboo

Postby lovplush » 29 Jan 2013, 03:08

My report (only the part till the SP :mi_ga_et: )

The trip was meant to be an adventure. Everything seems a blur now. The weather in Zagreb was especially terrible on the 24th of January. This is my birthday but really everything went wrong. :plush27:

In the morning when I arrived at the practice rink the training has already started (ok, just started since cekoni had chance to talk to Evgeni). I was waiting for my coffee when Mishen came and ordered a big cup of coffee, "big cup of coffee, big cup!!" It is so unreal to see the great Mr. Mishin is standing in front of me. I have always thought that he resembled my grandfather a lot, in person he is shorter than I expected but very cheerful. Shame that I could not talk to him since I was in awe...... :sh_ok:

The practice rink is COLD and DARK. The condition is terrible. None of the skaters did very well there including Evgeni. I brought my video camera with me so most of the time I was filming, only one or two glance when Evgeni was doing something on ice not involving moving around very fast. The jumps were not great in the practice, but seeing him on ice was just a great experience, he was so beautiful to watch, the movements were incredibly elegant. The short program competition was in the afternoon so he only practiced a bit short program. He was not in good shape jump-wise, but the mood was light. :co_ol:

After his training session, he stood with Vitaly at the side of the rink watching the next group's warm-up. Fernandez was in that group and he tried to make combo jumps in front of Evgeni at least two times, but fell down two times. And the jumps he made during the practice in general were not good. :plush34:

I went with Maolmi, Oleg and Wachiko with the bus running between the practice rink and the main rink. When I got on to the bus, I looked around quickly and did not see Evgeni. On the way to the main rink, the bus had an accident with a truck. I think it was the mirror hitting the truck but did not cause any damage (I guess). Then we found out, we were in the same bus with Evgeni!! :plush33: He must have had his hat on when we first got on the bus (he wore it when he was watching the next group practice), now from behind (four of us sitting at the end of the bus) I can see his golden hair shining in the front row.

We decided to check the banner the organizer promised to hang in the rink so we went directly to the rink. Inside the pairs were practicing for the free skates in the evening. Probably because there were not a lot of people the security checked the tickets very carefully (damn...). We could not sneak in section D anymore like I did the previous night for the pair short programs. So we entered section A.

The banner was hanged very high, very hard to find :plush43: . It is not a good sign since Evgeni likes to see the banners in the arena. I stayed to occupy good seats so I watched the whole pair practice and most of the men short programs.

Evgeni was the first high level skater to skate (3rd group Nr. 17 skater), he looks quite serious during the warm-up and did a beautiful 3A. When he took the ice, the whole arena cheered for him. I mean the previous skater was still waiting for the result and Evgeni was on ice for warm-up the arena was alive with his presence. :mi_ga_et:

The program started but he almost fell on the first jump (3Luz) :plush27: . Then he started his signature jump 3A, when he fell down everybody was in shock :sh_ok: . Then people started clapping encouraging him to continue :bra_vo: . He then did a perfect 3L3T (the GOE should be +3, it was perfect) :co_ol: . Audience clapped with the music and went a bit wild when he started his step sequence. He was on fire :du_el: , fought for every movements. The emotion, the energy, the determination were unbelievably alive :son-ce: .

When he finished his program, many people gave him standing ovation. He lit up the arena even though it was not his best performance. With beautiful smile, he bowed to the audience. He might have some tears in his eyes because he was so grateful for the supports from the audience. :a_g_a:

We clapped and clapped, waving Russian flags plush48 . The Italian girls and Greek fans also made a lot of noise down in the D section :co_ol: .

After rewind, the big screen shown his image at the kiss and cry. He looked terrible, tired and exhausted :plush36: . When he realized that he was on TV, he immediately tried to show a big smile. It almost makes me cry. He wanted to be strong and let the fans know that he was OK :plush36: . He continued smiling and making funny faces when the results came out.

Because I was stuck in the middle so I watched the 4th group skating. They all performed very well but nobody has that incredible beauty quality, and nobody delivered the electrified aura like a fighter.

I stayed in the bar and did not watch the final group. Not because I was afraid that they could overtook his points since his points was very low according to his standard. I stayed out because I have no interests in others. I like men skating only because of Evgeni, he is a dancer on ice, a real artist. I have more interests in pairs than other men. Of course I also plan to cheer for Liza.

When the competition was finished, I learned that he was at the sixth place. I was not particularly worried since anyway it is very difficult to get gold with 14 points behind, but a shot to podium is still possible because Swan is a very beautiful program and can blow people away with its elegance.

The weather was even worse than in the morning. In the morning it was windy and raining. Now it was snow storm!!! All of us were bit upset: strangely I did not feel anything, I mean I was not disappointed, I was not worried, even the speculation about his withdrawing was not shock to me. OK I spent a lot for this trip and it was my birthday, but I had it perfectly: I watched him fought to the end, I gave the support as a fan to him when he needed the most. He was incredibly beautiful out there, this would not be the only competition I would watch. I am sure of it.

The only thing worried me was that he said that he would fought to the end and prepared to any results, if he withdraw now, media would portrait him as coward. Which turned out exactly like that (from haters of course), who cares who won the short competition, Plushenko withdrew from competition was THE news.

Media really made a fuss about him "in tears" in K&C, WTF, why other skater can be sad, mad, angry after a disappointed performance, but expect him to smile all the way? He smiled, beautifully when he finished the program. With that smile he bowed to the audience. He smiled in the K&C when he realized he was on the screen. He is strong, he did not want people to worry. Isn't that enough for a great champion to offer to people when he was not in a good day?

Double standard!!!! :plush43:

After that performance, I was waiting for taxi at the 4 point Sheraton. I overheard a group children discussed about the competition. They said, "I like Plushenko!" Even he skated far below his standards, the children who were not influenced by the media and not biased said that they love Plushenko's skating. That meant something, isn't it?

As a fan I could feel the excitement of those people who wished him down for so many years, I experienced the feeling of one moment you were a king, after just one bad competition people treat you like you were past tense. That is just so ironic. Just like what happened in 2005.

Remember this is Plushenko you were bashing, the critics only makes him stronger. He will recover from all these and become even stronger than before. He does not need to prove himself anymore, but this gives him motivation, he will feel the need to prove that he is better than this.

I am looking forward to his next battle, because his competition history has that pattern: he would reborn to a higher level. plush48

It is a pleasure to have chance meeting so many Plushy fans. Cekoni, Dimi, Sara, Lelo, Dalila, Mania, Wachiko, Maolmi, Olga, Karen, and all other girls, I love you :ki_ss:
Last edited by lovplush on 31 Jan 2013, 21:34, edited 1 time in total.
Plushenko Chinese Fans Club: http://www.plushycnfanclub.org/

These users thanked the author lovplush for the post (total 14):
Виктория (31 Jan 2013, 23:50) • Таня (31 Jan 2013, 04:02) • Грин (30 Jan 2013, 16:48) • cekoni (30 Jan 2013, 07:06) • anna54 (30 Jan 2013, 01:02) • lala630312 (29 Jan 2013, 19:02) • Airiny (29 Jan 2013, 18:55) • Gabry (29 Jan 2013, 14:57) • bigeyegugu (29 Jan 2013, 14:53) • maolmi (29 Jan 2013, 12:56) • simona (29 Jan 2013, 03:54) • whitebamboo (29 Jan 2013, 03:35) • lёle4ka (29 Jan 2013, 03:34) • Дарина (29 Jan 2013, 03:27)
Rating: 58.33%

lovplush

Postby dimi » 29 Jan 2013, 05:06

^Lovely message.:)
When I get a little rest I write my impressions too, For now..Lovplush, Cekoni, Maolmi, Irina and the rest girls it was fantastic to meet you and have all these days together, I m sorry I was not better to have more fun, I hope next time I wont be sick, usually I m more active and funny :smu:sche_nie:
nevertheless I had a blast and a great laugh, especially yesterday. I wish I had seen Wachiko more and talked to her.
This trip must have been jinxed from the beginning :kli_ny: , hotel mess, problems with flight back, snow, my stomach, but if I had to choose I would travel again. I m happy we were there and supported Plush as much as we could, the audience was really supportive too. Fans are not only in the moments of triumph, they are there fpr difficult moments too and I loved that after the mistake on the axel we started cheering him all together without having to talk about it first.
Will write next days more
kisses :ki_ss:

These users thanked the author dimi for the post (total 9):
Виктория (31 Jan 2013, 23:50) • Таня (31 Jan 2013, 04:02) • Грин (30 Jan 2013, 16:48) • cekoni (30 Jan 2013, 07:07) • Airiny (29 Jan 2013, 19:19) • lala630312 (29 Jan 2013, 19:03) • Gabry (29 Jan 2013, 14:58) • maolmi (29 Jan 2013, 12:56) • lovplush (29 Jan 2013, 12:07)
Rating: 37.5%

dimi

Postby Kudryavka » 29 Jan 2013, 10:55

Gal4onok wrote:Елена ВАЙЦЕХОВСКАЯ 25.01.2013 00:08

:sh_ok: .......... What's the catch?!

anyway good article :-)
He didn't compete for three years, but as soon as I saw him, I knew that there was a true Olympic Champion on the ice. - Takahiko Kozuka, Rostelecom Cup 2009
Kudryavka

Postby simona » 29 Jan 2013, 12:10

:plush40: lovplush and dimi thank you 4 sharing your precious impressions!

:dr_ink: :-|-:
Happy to see you enjoyed the same your stay among Plushy fans from all over
despite our hero "having a bad day at the office!"

:plush44:

ImageImageImageImageImage

These users thanked the author simona for the post (total 3):
lala630312 (29 Jan 2013, 19:04) • lovplush (29 Jan 2013, 15:24) • Gabry (29 Jan 2013, 14:59)
Rating: 12.5%

simona

Postby whitebamboo » 29 Jan 2013, 20:26

Kudryavka wrote:
Gal4onok wrote:Елена ВАЙЦЕХОВСКАЯ 25.01.2013 00:08

:sh_ok: .......... What's the catch?!

anyway good article :-)

LOL, now that I read it some more, maybe it seemed to me (slightly) that she felt she could be "gracious and magnanimous" at an enemy's "funeral"? :ps_ih: Perhaps that was why she talked about Trankov's father, who passed away just before the competition began, at the start of the article.

But then again, perhaps I should not be ungenerous. Maybe she really had a change of heart instead. Either way, it's not a bad article, certainly better than comments from a lot of others.

These users thanked the author whitebamboo for the post:
Gabry (30 Jan 2013, 01:11)
Rating: 4.17%

whitebamboo

Postby Дарина » 29 Jan 2013, 20:56

"Заживет" ли Евгений Плющенко до Сочи?
http://www.sobesednik.ru/sport/20130129 ... o-do-sochi

Падение Евгения Плющенко на чемпионате Европы в Загребе, обострившее его старую травму спины, на минувших выходных кем только не обсуждалось! Наиболее компетентных лиц мы попросили прокомментировать ситуацию.

Алексей Мишин, тренер:

– Окончательное решение участвовать было принято только за два дня до чемпионата, спина сильно беспокоила. Тем не менее если готовишься к Олимпиаде, то надо принимать участие в соревнованиях, без этого спорт не имеет смысла.

Учитывая основную нашу задачу – удачно выступить в Сочи, мы коллегиально приняли решение, после того как Евгений упал, сняться с турнира. Нельзя бороться одновременно с болью и с соперниками. Мы с вашей газетой конечно же друзья, но сильно муссировать тему Евгения Плющенко сейчас не стоит. До марта он будет заниматься только своим здоровьем, но и чемпионат мира в Канаде придется пропустить.

Яна Рудковская, жена:

– Все понимали заранее, что ему это легко не дастся. Врачи были против того, чтобы он участвовал. Перед соревнованиями ему пришлось сделать два обезболивающих укола в спину. Когда он исполнял программу, боль была заглушена, но в то же время мы понимали, что лекарство может в любой момент перестать действовать. Речь шла не о том, сможет ли Плющенко исполнить свой коронный четвертной, а о том, сможет ли он вообще кататься.

Как выяснилось, риск не оправдался. Сейчас мы получаем огромное количество звонков. Такого ажиотажа не было даже после Олимпиады в Ванкувере…

Илья Авербух, коллега:

– Думаю, что решение ехать в Загреб все-таки было правильным. Чемпионат Европы – это очень удобный старт для проверки своих сил. Там нет основных конкурентов, которые могут внести дополнительную нервозность. Да, на льду Женя допустил ошибку, но не надо сгущать краски. Пока еще неизвестно, насколько серьезным является осложнение. В конце концов, это не первая его травма и не последняя.

Свидетельствует ли это о том, что он слишком затянул свою карьеру? Возможно. Думаю, что мы еще не раз будем это обсуждать. Хотелось бы верить, что эта травма никак в дальнейшем не аукнется.

Ехать в Сочи или же не ставить снова под удар свое здоровье – решение будет зависеть только от него. Но сказать, прав он оказался или нет, можно будет только после Игр.
М. Плисецкая: "Пожалуй, Плющенко похож на Годунова. Тоже высокий, статный, эффектный, уверен в себе. Да и эти длинные развевающиеся на ветру и в пируэтах белые волосы. Такой же тип. И темперамент у него есть, и артистизм."

These users thanked the author Дарина for the post (total 3):
Виктория (31 Jan 2013, 23:50) • Грин (30 Jan 2013, 16:42) • lala630312 (29 Jan 2013, 22:01)
Rating: 12.5%

Дарина

Postby cekoni » 30 Jan 2013, 07:18

Many thanks Lovplush for your report... I cant describe my feelings with words, nice as you :plush39:

----------------------

cekoni wrote:..... I will put on YouTube and a short video from warmup before SP performance, if you're interested - but a few times I was so excited that I turn-off instead to turn-on the camera and vice versa.... :hi_hi_hi:

off ice, warm-up group 3 (3:15" combo 3-3, 4:18" 3A!), warm-up before his SP (6:13"), shortly K&C after SP (10:22"), standing after this group....

Evgeni Plushenko - before and after SP (Euro, Zagreb 24.01.2013):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJl8_RNQtkQ

bigeyegugu wrote:Download: Czech Sport version, by "daisy104"

Euros 2013 Plushenko SP :http://pan.baidu.com/share/link?shareid=230812&uk=453307233

Another mirror for download.... :ni_zia:

2013-01-24 Euros - Evgeni Plushenko SP Storm (Czech Sport)
http://www.mediafire.com/?ylf31i4sdk5owfi

.... other videos from youtube inside 2 folders here: :plush45:
http://www.mediafire.com/?4a0z9mnlkz7pl

These users thanked the author cekoni for the post (total 5):
Виктория (31 Jan 2013, 23:50) • Таня (31 Jan 2013, 04:03) • bigeyegugu (30 Jan 2013, 14:55) • lovplush (30 Jan 2013, 12:11) • simona (30 Jan 2013, 11:48)
Rating: 20.83%

cekoni
Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to СОРЕВНОВАНИЯ || COMPETITIONS 2009-2015