Search found 300 matches

Return

Re: Пресса о Жене, интервью Жени || Press about Evgeni ON Ic

lovplush - you have subscription on Digital version? :mi_ga_et: :plush39:

:a_g_a: sure. I will provide pdf version of the article when I got it.

:plush43: Last Friday when I checked it, it was not available (still the previous issue). Based on the previous experience, it will officially be realeased at the beginning of March. :plush34: I will keep an eye on it.
by lovplush
26 Feb 2012, 12:10

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ледовые шоу(общая информация) || Shows News

Guys I m afraid a little about the dates. The shows are within a week from World Championships that Plush wont skate because of injury. I hope there is not a trouble again.

I don't think it would cause trouble since he did not register as a competitor for Worlds as all. But one and half month after the surgery already skating on ice, it is still too short of time for recovery......
by lovplush
26 Feb 2012, 14:50

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Благотворительное шоу для детей || Charity show 20.02.20

simona wrote: Luna is doing just fine!! Here she was dressed up like a strawberry for the Carnival!
Luna делает просто отлично! Здесь она была одета, словно клубника на карнавал!

[/color]

Oh Simona, she is so cute :plush31: (so is the dress :co_ol: )
by lovplush
27 Feb 2012, 02:01

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Now IFS magazine April issue is available!

You can download the pdf file (only page 20-21) via this link:

http://www.lovplush.com/resources/IFS-April-p20-p21.pdf

Nerves of Steel
Plushenko Nails It in Sheffield
By Susan D. Russell and James Cowling * Photos by Elina Paasonen

When Evgeni Plushenko announced last year that he was returning to competition, many discounted his ability to compete with the current generation. But at the 2012 European Championships, the Russian superstar proved to the world once again that he is a force to be reckoned with and should never be counted out.

After an easy win in the qualifying round, Plushenko, who did not attempt a quad in the short due to a lingering injury, was outskated by his training mate Artur Gachinski and landed in second place.

Alexei Mishin, who coaches both skaters, spoke to the press following the short program. “Mne’s skating without a quad is like hammer soup. You can boil the hammer, put salt and pepper in, but it’s never tasty. If somebody likes to skate without a quad, they should organize a separate league – men’s single dancing,” Mishin said. “Today I’m happy about Artur, but especially happy about Evgeni’s skating. He came and showed that he’s able to be a winner on one leg.

“No, the competition is not finished yet. Nobody knows what will happen tomorrow. But Evgeni showed that he’s alive, strong and dangerous.”

Plushenko added, “I came here to present myself, to skate for my fans, to show my programs and, like my coach said, to show that I am still alive.”

The 29-year-old veteran was on fire in the free skate. He put down a performance that was unbeatable at this competition, executing a quad toe and seven triple jumps, some of which earned high grade of execution scores. His final tally of 261.23 was almost 15 points higher than that of Gachinski who ended up in second place.

“I’m so happy with my performance because I did the whole program clean,” the 2006 Olympic champion said. “I skated with big emotions. Like the real Plushenko! It is my seventh title and I wrote a little bit of history. Thank you to the judges. I am so proud of myself.”

Plushenko addressed the audience in Sheffield following his landslide victory. “Thank you so much for supporting me and believing in me,” he said to wild applause. “I am so happy. Everything was perfect. Next year I will compete all season, at the Grand Prix, Grand Prix Final maybe, nationals, Europeans and Worlds.

“Of course, my goal is my Olympics in 2014. There I would like to stand on the podium and wave to you.”

He also advised that he was scheduled to undergo meniscus surgery in Munich, Germany in mid-February.

Gachinski put down a solid performance in the long program and a combined score of 246327 ensured him the silver medal. “I did everything I wanted. I landed two quads in the free skate for the first time,” the 18-year-old said. “To come second at my second Europeans is a big step forward for me.”

France’s Florent Amodio, fourth after the short, rallied with a strong free skate to “memories of Sobral” and captured the bronze with 234.18 points overall. “It was a difficult start to the season, but I am proud of myself now,” said the 21-year-old, who captured gold at the event in 2011.

Michal Brezina from the Czech Republic landed in fourth (229.30). TeammateTomas Verner, third after the short, fell to fifth (225.36) and Javier Fernandez from Spain finished sixth (222.26).
by lovplush
01 Mar 2012, 21:31

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Женя и его тренер А.Н.Мишин || Evgeni and his coach Mish

Thanks a lot Vera.But now we cannot see it because it has been deleted.
Еще можно здесь посмотреть :-): http://kinostok.tv/video/31394/aleksey-mishin
Or "older" version in more parts :mi_ga_et:

... scroll down at the end of playlist:
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLFD088496A3945375&feature=view_all

:is_te_ri_ka: That is not the point, we are so curious about what they say in the video :is_te_ri_ka: :is_te_ri_ka:

:-) Can some one explain a bit what they are saying? please please :plush47: :plush47:
by lovplush
02 Mar 2012, 19:46

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

"iSKATE" is UK's figure skating magazine :plush45: .... from twitter...

I did not read it through the whole article, I do not think there is any new information :hi_hi_hi: But I extracted all the pages covering the European Championship from the digital version, and you can download them:

http://www.lovplush.com/resources/ISkatePlushy.rar

I have just realized that I missed one page (page 40)

The magazine is pretty nice but the ends of the articles are just jumped everywhere :kli_ny: . If anyone is interested, I can provide it later. But that page has nothing to do with Plushy :-)
by lovplush
09 Mar 2012, 13:17

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Другие интересные новости || Other interesting news

iSkat March has some other articles where Plushy were mentioned:

Nicky Slater:
Skating highlights? Plushenko, of course. Evgeni was not ‘more of the same’ for me, which is what I expected. There was less frenetic movement, more strength in his presence, sophistication in the choreography and maturity, plus the impressive technical. Great to see him back stronger than ever.
……

Sinead Kerr:
……
The main event this year – if the crowd was anything to go by – was the Men’s. The arena was packed and the audience was excited, mainly, I think, because of the return of Olympic gold medallist and twice silver medallist, Evgeni Plushenko, who – as ever – didn’t disappoint.
We have done many shows with Evgeni and there is no doubt that he is a star in the skating world. He has a presence which is hard to define and almost impossible to imitate – as his training partner, runner up Artur Gachinski, can attest to.
Artur skated cleanly and landed more quads than Evgeni, tried his best to skated like him and in some ways is more able in the transition steps. Yet, somehow, when he finished, he was met with good applause rather than the impromptu standing ovation and wild enthusiasm following Plushenko. Many people questioned Evgeni’s comeback, but I think he proved here in Sheffield that he is still one of the best competitors ever in the sport and certainly a big draw. He is also a charmer, praising the organization and atmosphere of the event in his interview following the competition.
……
by lovplush
11 Mar 2012, 21:12

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Дарина wrote:
lovplush wrote:I mistakenly thought plushy said "50" years :hi_hi_hi:

Now I start to doubt! :du_ma_et: May be he said "50", he could say so :-):

I just listened the full thing really carefully, I think Plushy was joking at the moment and said "50" :hi_hi_hi:
by lovplush
26 Mar 2012, 01:05

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

(maybe) Artistry on Ice announced on Chinese twitter that Zhenya will be in China from June 9-17.

09.06 - Taipei
12.06 - Shanghai
15.06 - Shenzhen
17.06 - Beijing

http://2012artistryonice.streetvoice.com/

... Casts: Shen/Zhao, Plushy, Arakawa, Buttle, Alissa Czisny, Kurt, Johnny Weir, others.
CONFIRMED Plushy's participation on shows! :plush45:

Tickets (info from Kurt Browning's FB page):
- Advance tickets for Lai Members (show sponsors) from March 26:
http://ticket.7net.com.tw/index.php?class=funcnav&func=news&work=detail&news_id=687
- General ticket sales expected mid-April: http://ticket.7net.com.tw/

More official links about shows:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/%E5%AE%89%E9%BA%97Artistry%E5%86%B0%E4%B8%8A%E9%9B%85%E5%A7%BF%E7%9B%9B%E5%85%B8/380619761967249
http://www.weibo.com/artistryonice

Hi Cekoni, just got news from the organizer that the dates for shows in Beijing and Shanhai are switched :ps_ih: . That is:

09.06 - Taipei
12.06 - Beijing
15.06 - Shenzhen
17.06 - Shanghai

http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z261/yaya124/7da576f2gw1drhqos14v8j.jpg

Just in case somebody would plan to fly to China for these shows, please pay attention for the dates.
by lovplush
30 Mar 2012, 11:02

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Still unconfirmed! .... and maybe just 1st April joke (specially part, were Plushy sing karaoke) :ps_ih: :-)
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Мариинский театр @mariinskyru
https://twitter.com/#!/mariinskyru/status/186490684415557632
http://vk.com/wall81344132_6847

Да стопроцентно первоапрельская шутка,розыгрыш :-) .Даже не сомневаюсь.Не верьте!

Although this must be a joke, I would say this is really a scary one :ps_ih: since I know several of my Chinese friends went through great trouble to arrange trips to watch Plushy's shows in China (the change of the dates (cities) really costs them a lot :plush43: ). And a lot of people in China plan to watch the show only because Plushy is in them :-)
by lovplush
02 Apr 2012, 01:01

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I think Russia should obey their usual selection policies. Use Nationals to choose who to send to Europeans. Use Europeans to choose who to send to Worlds.
I don't know if Evgeni is doing any GP event this year or Europeans. Maybe they want to prepair him for Worlds, so they have to decide now who is going to Words, Plushy or Arthur. Worlds are in Canada and it will be a very tough competition for Evgeni.

I think Plushy still has a lot fans in NA no matter what. Those people bashing Plushy on NA forums :plush43: are only a very small portion who probably won't watch live anyway. People who pay the tickets are those wishing to witness great performances from the skaters, and we all know Plushy loves competitions and performing :plush33: . So I do not worry about him not being well received in the arena.

Media is another story, but I think he has come through so many years of competitions he knows what to expect from the media and would not be affected by them.

And he surely would like a "revenge" to show the world who is the best plush48 no matter how tough the competition would be.
by lovplush
11 Apr 2012, 19:21

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

EV: Even though their components are not considered high?
AS: As a judge I can't say their components are not high. For instance, what is `performance'? It's the energy the skater projects to the crowd. No one can compare to Joubert and Pluschenko in that. Both their dancing ability is quite high. Joubert's weakest component were always the transactions, but he took it very seriously this year and worked on that. Or at least hid it well enough. After Pluschenko's skate in the Europeans I saw many people in tears. I wanted just to stand up and take my hat off.
http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showpost.php?s=2f479c5d26aaf724065b442b6066db8d&p=3544013&postcount=1

For the transition parts, isn't it referring to Plushy instead of Joubert? Otherwise after praising Joubert's improvement she start to mentioning Plushy's performance on EC is bit coming from nowhere. :plush34:
by lovplush
13 Apr 2012, 09:14

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I agree that Plushy would definitely score a top 10 thus ensuring two spots. But it would be very strange if Artur won everything next season and then didn't get to go to Worlds. That I think would be more damaging to his confidence than another bad result. :plush36:

I think Plushy would at least do Nationals. He likes doing Nationals and besides, even for the King it would be bad to go straight into Worlds "cold". So they can fight it out there. plush48

But on the flip side, the judges/ISU would be less inclined to hurt Artur's marks than they would Plushy's marks. :ne_vi_del:

I think no matter which way you look at it, someone loses :ne_vi_del:

GO PLUSHY! GO ARTUR! plush48

First of all, unless Artur improved quite a bit, I seriously do not see him winning everything. He is no doubt a very good skater, but not yet a great one. Secondly, Plushy will compete very hard to get what he wants instead of waiting for somebody handing it to him. So in the end, the stronger skater will be the one goes to the Worlds next year. :-)
by lovplush
18 Apr 2012, 15:47

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Мужчины || Men

Interview with P. Chan, some parts:

http://ujszo.com/online/sport/2012/04/04/nagyon-sokat-tanultam-nizzaban

... - the spark, which makes you able to run a program and after the people has a sigh: what a pity that it's over. Maybe i have this advantage against them. :sh_ok: ...

... I try to create something wonderful on the ice, something that the judges can understand, feel and appreciate....

... I love enchant the audience and the judges....

... Well, they didn't like the result, but what can we do? They are French.

Just when I think that Chan can not leave me speechless - he surprise me :sh_ок: :kli_ny: :ps_ih:

Lala - thank you for this Chan's "pearls", scattered to us - "pigs" :)-(: :-)

Just when I thought he finally learns to be a bit modest and keep his mouth shut...... :ps_ih:

These words are the reason why Chan is a very good skater but will never be a great athlete. This attitude is what is called arragent no matter how nicely one smiles when saying that :plush34: He could not see his own weakness and never appreciate other skaters' merits. Of course as a Champion one needs to be confident but not ignorant.
by lovplush
21 Apr 2012, 23:01

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Женя на тренировках || Evgeni on training

I think they still have plenty of time: Plushy will go to Italy for show and training camp. They can catch up there.

Do not underestimate Plushy's determination of winning. He will do whatever in his power to make it (winning) happen. We should keep our faith in him and do not let those idiotic comments from NA's forums misled you. Plushy is not just about jumps and arm waving, he is an artist and skates his program with his soul.

Besides, Plushy is a great Champion and professionals, he knows more in figure skating than us and those haters.
by lovplush
27 Apr 2012, 15:04

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

:kli_ny: :kli_ny: :kli_ny: :kli_ny:

Sometimes I wonder if people really understands that Euros, Worlds, Olympics are sports competition with rules! It sounds like PLushy were a sort of political dissident not a competitive athlete who competes with other athlets for medals, in official competitions. :plush34:

Plushy is a very competitive athlet, no doubt of that. It is the rules that got bended because of the politics. :)-(:
by lovplush
28 Apr 2012, 00:28

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

whitebamboo wrote:(I am sorry, I do seem to be awfully wordy tonight...I'll be quiet now. :-) )

Totally off-topic, I love your post whitebamboo :plush39: You always have similar thoughts with me but is able to express them in words, which I could not :-)
by lovplush
01 May 2012, 10:27

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Женя и его семья, близкие друзья.. || His family and fri

Филипп Киркоров отметил 45-летие концертом и торжеством в ресторане
http://www.kp.ru/daily/25869/2840508/
Продюсер Яна Рудковская и олимпийский чемпион Евгений Плющенко тоже подарили юбиляру часы.
-Мы заказали в Швейцарии специально для Филиппа часы Ulysse Nardin под юбилейным номером «45»,-рассказала «КП» Яна Рудковская.

Why I have a feeling that he will send quite some Plushenko watch around as gifts but not keen on selling them :hi_hi_hi:
by lovplush
01 May 2012, 22:20

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I forgot if this interview was here :du_ma_et: ... just before Euros...

Заслуженный тренер России Алексей Мишин: «Плющенко — пожизненный проект»:
http://www.sportsdaily.ru/articles/zasluzhennyiy-trener-rossii-aleksey-mishin-plyuschenko-pozhiznennyiy-proekt-48570

I remember this article, specially the part with young plushy's approach to pretty girls :-) He was just adorably open and straight forward, let alone charming :smu:sche_nie:
by lovplush
02 May 2012, 00:25

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Благотворит. шоу для детей || Charity shows 20.2 & 1.5.2

Thank you all for the wonderful photos, videos and reports. :plush39: :plush39:

Plushy looks very happy :mi_ga_et: Oh he is so charming and lovely.

No comment on the Tatoo :-)
by lovplush
03 May 2012, 23:19

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Различные голосования,рейтинги и т.п || Voting, ratings,

I really think none of those are really upset moments. After Worlds, ISU needs to give a consolation price to Dai, and Chan was just being Chan to make mistakes in skating. Czisny beating Kostner in America is normal, and this season is not a good season for Asada. And finally, Plushy is just being brilliant Plushy;D
by lovplush
09 May 2012, 00:19

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Plus, she actually claimed Plushy "isn't known" for elegance and stretched lines. If she'd said that she personally isn't moved by his skating or that she doesn't see elegance in it, it would at least just be her opinion, and I understand that not everyone "gets" Plushy's skating, which is fine. But as she wrote it, and given Plushy was the men's skater with the most presentation 6.0s in the old system, and how people other than NA media and experts have often talked about him for years, I just think this claim is factually false.

The most irritation part is that she herself was a skater and not an unknown one (national range). People would regard her as an expert in the field. Such "expert" really can confuse people's mind. :plush43: Maybe the "lines" she is talking about is purely figure skating term for skating skill (edges), otherwise, I would say Plushy is the most elegant skater still competing. His movements define elegance although sometimes the emotion is raw and fierce :hi_hi_hi:
by lovplush
10 May 2012, 16:03

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Barbi Smith (@barbisk8):

@PlushenkoNews Certainly! (Great pics btw!) No matter what Evgeni Plushenko does, he will forever be known as "THE QUAD KING". He OWNS the quad. Whether you go back to the first days of performing this in competition, the 4+3+2, and many more examples the man has probably landed more quads in competition than any other man in the world. This is what he will always be known for.

This is not saying he is incapable of doing other skills. Rather every time his name is mentioned, it is Evgeni Plushenko, Quad King. Hugely famous!

You realize there is an opportunity for 5 Olympic medals after Sochi? Truly impressive.

Actually she is wrong, "Quad king" is often referring to Timothy Goebel, who performed 3 quads in his 02' Olympics LP. Plushy became "quad king" only after his first comeback, when there were almost no skaters care about performing quad.

Plushy is never all about jumps but a great skater who can consistently landing quads in competition and consistently present difficult yet beautiful, but most importantly clean programs in competitions. I am afraid that people are getting so use to flawed programs now nobody really appreciated Plushy's efforts of performing cleanly, even worse, they took it for granted (Plushenko should only perform clean programs while others can perform flawed programs).

As a top skater and someone who dedicates his whole life to this sport (the latter goes also to MIshin), Plushy's insists on performing quads are purely expressing his opinion on how the sport should develop further, not going backwards.
by lovplush
11 May 2012, 18:24

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Другие интересные новости || Other interesting news

Ирина wrote:Подросший котик Аксельбуша,11 мая 2012г
котик ,которого котенком,в сентябре 2011 года нашел Евгений Плющенко :-):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5ZiSwcD770

Oh he is big, but very cute :plush31:
by lovplush
12 May 2012, 15:37

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Champions on Ice - Rimini, Italy 29.04.2012

Sara's photos are gorgeous. :plush31: :plush31: He is so HOT!
by lovplush
15 May 2012, 20:10

Jump to forum
Jump to topic