Search found 300 matches

Return

Re: Женя и его тренер А.Н.Мишин || Evgeni and his coach Mish

Uhh, I don't understand many thing: economy class program...what does that mean? and " We do not plan to participate in the competition in the sporting sense of the word. " ????
someone translate for me? :plush39:

I think what Mishin means is that Evgeni will skate somewhat simplified versions of his programs in Riga (though I don't know in what ways). The main thing is to get the minimum TES and also as practice, so they will not be "putting everything out" yet.

I think that means Plush will probably only perform 1 quad instead of 2. :plush34:
by lovplush
02 Nov 2013, 14:29

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: ISU Volvo Open Cup 22nd - Riga, Latvia 07-10.11.2013

The organizers do not know what hit them;D

Nice to see Plushy is quite happy plush48
by lovplush
07 Nov 2013, 00:37

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: ISU Volvo Open Cup 22nd - Riga, Latvia 07-10.11.2013

I have not been able to watch anything live so probably need to wait the youtube upload and Lelo's report on twitter :-)
by lovplush
07 Nov 2013, 21:10

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Пресса о Жене, интервью Жени || Press about Evgeni ON Ic

The practice parts are so beautiful, greatly improved from Volvo Cup if you ask me :-)
by lovplush
16 Nov 2013, 20:28

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Другие интересные новости || Other interesting news

This is just bullshit. Let us face it, Kovtun is no 15 years old Plush who was among the best yet to shock the world. Kovtun might be a good skater but he is no way a medal contender. He would be lucky to get into top 10.
by lovplush
20 Nov 2013, 00:23

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Do not worry too much. If Plushy is healthy, nobody can beat him in Russia, not even close. He will prove himself through competitions and blow the conspirators away.

The most important thing is his health. With that, he will compete at Sochi Olympics. :a_g_a:
by lovplush
20 Nov 2013, 10:33

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Are you sure it is Yagudin himself's account? It listed as 'official', probably only a fan thing? Many Yag's stern fans are terrible.

Or of course T is behind it, since Yag is her star student and weapon against Plush.

As for Kovtun, he probably is yet to prove that he can handle the pressure. Let's wait until RN and EC to see who is better.

But of course, like Chan, with T behind the whole thing, Kovtun has less pressure, but Plush is famous for his nerve of steel, so let the better man get the price fairly in the battle.
by lovplush
08 Dec 2013, 13:55

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I confess that I don't quite understand the logic of these last tweets of his...As I read it, Alena was asking about Kovtun's results at the GPF, why does he bring up the Russian fed and Piseev? Is he actually trying to claim that the Russian fed tried to push Kovtun's scores down at GPF? (Or perhaps more relevantly, that it will do so at RN?)
Because Yagudin is still obsessed that he never became a champion of Russia, and for that he (and Tarasova) accuse Pissev, Mishin... so, by Yags (and his fans) - "poor Kovtun will in the same way be sidelined, with again giving to Plushy undeserved high scores" (like 15 years ago) :ps_ih:

Sorry, but I really think that Yagudin need psychological help about this his obssesion :kli_ny:

But this is the truth: http://www.youtube.com/user/RussianNationals the videos

in 1999: maybe this title is questionable...

Yag's Lp- 3A, 4T(fall), 3A-1T, FS, 3F, CiSt, 3Lo, SeSt, 3Lz-3T, 3S(ice-touch), CCo, FS

Plu's LP- 4T(fall), 3A, 3Lo ,CS, 2A, 3Lz-2T, CiSt, CoC, 3F, 3A-2T, biellmann spin, 3S, CCo

I didn't find the SP's videos...
:

Did not go through all the details, but judging from what I could think of, the only time they were tied at TES in LP was 1999. I don't see Yag's point of that :-)
by lovplush
10 Dec 2013, 14:20

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Very old news, but to post here.... :hi_hi_hi:
--------------------

http://www.stadium.ru/news/v-tsentre-bouling-siti-sostoitsya-jaklyuchitelnii-tur-sostyajanii-liga-chainikov-po-boulingu

В центре "Боулинг Сити" состоится заключительный тур состязаний "Лига чайников" по боулингу

21 мая в центре "Боулинг Сити" состоится заключительный тур состязаний "Лига чайников" по боулингу, а затем - полуфинальные и финальные встречи.

Кроме того, в рамках церемонии закрытия турнира пройдет выставочный матч между двумя командами, составленными из представителей фигурного катания: многократный чемпион мира и Европы Евгений Плющенко и олимпийский чемпион Алексей Урманов, с одной стороны, и заслуженный тренер СССР Алексей Мишин и президент Федерации фигурного катания Санкт-Петербурга Олег Нилов - с другой.

Программа дня:
11:00 Матчи заключительного 11 тура "Лиги чайников"
13:00 Выставочный матч: Евгений Плющенко и Алексей Урманов против Алексея Мишина и Олега Нилова
13:30 Полуфинальные встречи "Лиги чайников"
15:00 Финал и награждение лауреатов "Лиги чайников".

Who won? :-)
by lovplush
13 Dec 2013, 12:25

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Чемпионат России || Russian Nationals 2013/14, 22-27.12.

What happened happened, let us wait to see what would happen next.

Anyway, it is OK for him to have a bad skate even though it is so important for him. He is after all a human being.

Pray for his health and wish the best for him. He deserves to be at Olympics for all his effort and most importantly, what he can deliver on ice when it is not a bad day.

He had in total 3-4 bad days over his 16 years career, who can top that?
by lovplush
26 Dec 2013, 16:49

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Чемпионат России || Russian Nationals 2013/14, 22-27.12.

Just calm down everyone, this is not the end of the world. Plush is just a human being who is allowed to make mistakes. Even if the cost probably is high, he tried, that should be the only thing matters.

Dream is so close but yet so far away, judging the situation and what happened, and what is happening, it might be just a dream. But he fought for it and went through so much, the road itself is a road to the Olympics, the person who went through all these, is and always be a great Olympic champion. The road itself delivers the message to be faster, higher and stronger, not in terms of record on paper, but in terms of overcome difficulties.

One defeat, even if it was critical, would not mark down Plush's achievement. He is and always will be the greatest skater in modern figure skating world.

If Plushy can make it to the Olympics, it would bring great pleasure to him. If not, he is the person who all the foreign opponents respect. He is the inspiration of many skaters, so as for many fans. For that, we are deeply grateful.

As a fan, I will forever support and cheer for him no matter what. He will remain the only skater I love and regard as the last noble man on ice, and a king.

Pray for his good health and happiness.
by lovplush
28 Dec 2013, 03:54

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Дискуссии о Жене || Discussion about Plushy

I do not understand why there would be so many discussion. I think in general people considered Plushy would have a shot on podium in individual but not 100% guaranteed. So really his main task is to help Russia to gain Team gold, which he did.

Sure after the disastrous performances by the new Olympics gold and silver medalist in free skate, people would assume with what Plushenko did in team competition he really could have win a medal, maybe even gold. And naturally some people would think that if Kovtun attended instead of Plushenko Russia would have a shot. But all these are all assumptions. Plushenko risked his health performing great in team competition, and went on preparing for the individual, under the circumstances that the substitute skater is sick. He tried very hard, waited until the last moment still hoping miracle would happen so that he could skate. What's more one could ask from him?

It is not Plushenko's fault that Russia has only one spot. The other young skaters could not step up to create chances for themselves. I am not even talk about Kovtun's inability to bring back the second spot since he was indeed too young and inexperienced for WC (when he is not as talented as Hanyu). Let us assume that Plushenko would go to one of the WC and gain for Russia two (or even three) spots. But it would seriously damage his health (2012 he had problem with his knees so he went to doctors after EC; 2013 he had problem at his back and went to Israel for surgery). Can Russia risk to put Plushenko at risk just to make sure they have more young skaters showing on Olympics but possibly could earn nothing? I think not. And it is exactly why even if Plushenko lost on RN, as long as he can prove that he is ready, Russia still give him the spot. Kovtun had his chance to shine on EC and he blown it himself.

And back to Olympics, on team event, Russia won over Canada by 10 points, some people would naturally thought if Kovtun attended, Russia might still win. However, let us not forget that Plushenko's second, especially won over Patrick Chen is quite crucial for the tune of the team. That is an important point to win over Canada and boost the confidence in all other Russian skaters. Mental status is very important for such big Game, with Plushenko performing on fire, other skaters would feel less stressed and less worried. And to be honest, no matter how Plushenko's program might not seem so 'modern', he has such presence on ice, he is the scene to watch, he projects energy and holds the entire arena with his moves. That is the man who can lit up the entire stadium, with him in the team and fires as hell, you are on a winning boat. Can Kovtun do that? I don't think so. He is still too junior to me with only some good jumps but unfortunately he cannot deliver all the time.

Conclusion, Plushenko did what he was set to do, winning team gold. He tried his best to the end but his body just could not support his will anymore. He is a great athlete, a great Champion. People from all over the world say so. Russia should be proud to have him on their side, think about how many medals he brought back for Russia! He is national treasure and he can still do so much for Russian figure skating as a professional. Don't be narrow minded and so jealous. At least if you cannot say good things about him, just keep your silence.
by lovplush
16 Feb 2014, 18:55

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Общая дискуссия || General discussion about Evgeni

I am really amazed after so long it is still the hot s*** for Russian media. It is just all nonsense.

If Kovtun is that good, praise him when he gets gold medal from ANY A-level international competition. If he cannot, even if he is the national champion, there is nothing to be proud of. Beating Plushenko who was just recovered from serious spine surgery probably would be his only achievement to boast if he counts on such campaign to raise his status in Russian figure skating world.
by lovplush
12 Jun 2014, 13:35

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Общая дискуссия || General discussion about Evgeni

They trying to make of him Yagudin 2.0 - regardless all Plushy's victories over Yagudin, they emphasize only the last one.

Yagudin was 4 times world champions and an Olympics gold medallist, Kovtun has a lot to prove!!!!!!

But yes, Kovtun is a RN champion which Yagudin never managed to get, maybe that is why they think Kovtun has the potential to be Yagudin 2.0? :hi_hi_hi:
by lovplush
13 Jun 2014, 12:38

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Пресса, интервью|| Press about Evgeni ON Ice

International Figure Skating

IFS celebrates its 20th anniversary and two decades of skating in the upcoming issue. (in early July)
https://www.facebook.com/278550292537/photos/a.10150910768452538.526601.278550292537/10152924821392538/?type=1&theater
https://scontent-a-ams.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfp1/t1.0-9/q71/s720x720/10415556_10152924821392538_915117948370963845_n.jpg

Articles - IFS Turns 20!:
http://www.ifsmagazine.com/articles/32718-ifs-turns-20

------------------

I saw there and April issue... Lovplush? :mi_ga_et:

Not sure about this one, if it is for August then I should at least have digital version (but weirdly nowadays I receive print one instead of digital one). I have print version from April. Nevertheless,I have not received this issue (for August) yet. And that will be my last subscription for this magazine :mi_ga_et:
by lovplush
16 Jun 2014, 22:45

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Пресса, интервью|| Press about Evgeni ON Ice

Not sure about this one, if it is for August then I should at least have digital version (but weirdly nowadays I receive print one instead of digital one). I have print version from April. Nevertheless,I have not received this issue (for August) yet. And that will be my last subscription for this magazine :mi_ga_et:
What you got printed - August version? :plush38:
April version you sent me? Sorry, remind me - i forgot :smu:sche_nie:

Yes I have the printed April edition, and no, not the August version. Not yet at least.As for April version I think if there is any stuff about Plush I would have sent you the scans. Maybe I missed it...... I do not have it by me at the moment, and weirdly I could not access my digital version these days. I will see if I have time to get it this weekend (the magazine is not at the place where I live), otherwise you will have to wait until next weekend :mi_ga_et:
by lovplush
19 Jun 2014, 12:11

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Сканы статей из газет и журналов || Scans from newspape

International Figure Skating August 2014
http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z261/yaya124/IFS/EPSON022_zps34c3a70e.jpg
http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z261/yaya124/IFS/EPSON024_zps13b5b1fe.jpg

The article itself does not mention Plushy a lot. If anybody is interested, you can see all the scans here:

http://s192.photobucket.com/user/yaya124/library/IFS
by lovplush
20 Jul 2014, 16:46

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Artistry on Ice 2014 - China 25.07-03.08.2014 (4 shows)

Some short "repo" from fans who went to airport to welcome Plush:

Apparently, Plush was very happy to be received by fans with gorgeous flowers :plush39: . He thanked them using Russian, English and Chinese;D He recognized Hongmin and told her "I know you." She felt quite overwhelmed. :plush31:

Fans also helped him to put flowers into the car, and Plush said the flowers are important so must be taken good care of. He received three big bouquets and he carried one of them. :son-ce:

Another fan (@艾一杰) probably is from media? She (or he?) reported that Plush is charming and open, with gentle eyes. She/he asked a lot of questions and Plush answered them all. :co_ol:

Hongmin said she will write a longer report shortly.
by lovplush
23 Jul 2014, 10:52

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Plush will skate The Best of Plushenko and.... this is secret for now :mi_ga_et:
by lovplush
23 Jul 2014, 14:11

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

A bit detailed REPO from Hongmin:

She left home to Beijing on the 22th of July and after meeting other fans, they went to Beijing airport to welcome Plush on 11 pm. Although everybody says that they are not nervous at all, actually they are. They keep checking the timetable for the landing flights.

Finally Plush's plane landed and fans were very excited, trying very hard to look for a guy with famous gold hair among the passengers coming out. When Plush shown up, they were shouting his name to raise his attention. Plush saw them and gestured to some taxi drivers who tried to provide service to him that he would go to the fans.

Chinese fans gave 3 big bouquets and Hongmin explained to him that they thought Ari would come with him, Plush said he does not know whether Ari would come. @艾一米 gave Plush a bottle of wine from Inner Mongolia (Chinese province) as a gift. Hongmin asked Plush to sign on her Sochi ticket and told him that she went to Sochi to watch his match. Plush said in slightly upsetting tone (about game of course) that he knew her. Hongmin said she is studying Russian and spoke some Russian to him. Plush was pleasantly surprised and signed her Russian book. When fans asked for a group photo, Plush happily agreed.

The driver from Artistry on Ice suddenly shown up so they all went to the parking. Fans helped him put the flowers in the car, and he said twice that the flowers are very important please be careful. When he sit into the car, before close the door, he clapped his hand together thanked fans in Russian, English and Chinese, respectively.

The End (for the first day)
by lovplush
24 Jul 2014, 15:48

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yesterday's practice:

Hongmin received a call from a friend who can arrange them to watch the practice so they went to the stadium at 3 in the afternoon. Plush shown up around 4 o'clock. Changing into his training suit, Plush first went to learn the movements for the opening program. And obviously he learned it in one try and then he practised with other skaters twice, first without music, then with the music.

During Plush's practice, Hongmin talked to Marton and apologized to him that they didn't manage to welcome him in the airport (it seems that Marton wrote that he would arrive at 5 o'clock but forgot to mention it was in the morning...). Hongmin told him they went to welcome Plush and Marton said Plush was very happy and loved the flowers. Plush said he wanted to bring the flowers back to Moscow......

Hongmin asked Marton when he would release new CD, Marton said he is still looking for publisher so only webversion is available at the moment. And when asking for group photo, Marton insisted they made it on ice. And after the "formal" group photo, Marton suggested that they took some funny ones. While they were doing the photo shoots, they temporarily forgot Plush :smu:sche_nie:

Plush did some very beautiful 3T during the practice, he started with some 2Ts then 3Ts. When he chatted with the organizer (the big boss) of the show, he mentioned that his back was not completely healed, but he felt much better.

After training Plush and Marton changed their clothes and left. They waved goodbye to the girls.
by lovplush
24 Jul 2014, 16:24

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

lala630312 wrote:Thank you!! :plush39:

There is a mistake in report. Mongolia is Mongolia, isn't China's province :mi_ga_et:

I meant Inner Mongolia. I have edited my post. :hi_hi_hi:
by lovplush
24 Jul 2014, 17:24

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

whitebamboo wrote:Thank you to everyone in China for so many pics and repos! I am stuck on a work trip right now and cannot go back to China, myself... :plush34: But I cannot wait for the secret program to be revealed!

I am also still working in Europe so...... poor me :is_te_ri_ka:
by lovplush
24 Jul 2014, 17:26

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Chinese news: http://news.xinhuanet.com/sports/2014-07/24/c_126794887.htm

Important points from this news are:

1. When asking about whether he would compete Olympics in 2018, Plush said 'who knows';

2. Beijing is applying for hosting Winter Olympics 2022, Plush said if he could vote then he would vote for Beijing. Then journalists ask whether he would compete on Olympics 2022, Plush said 'who knows' :hi_hi_hi:

3. He announced that he will skate Tosca Fantasy and The Best of Plushenko;

4. He said he is still recovering from injury so he might perform less triples and the length of the program (LP) might be shorter than the Olympics version. But he will do his best.
by lovplush
24 Jul 2014, 22:13

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Plush skated Tosca Fantasy in the costume for 'the girl like you'. He did 3t,3t and 2a. It seems that his speed is too fast for girls to capture good photos. Hopefully later someone would put better photos and videos :plush45:
by lovplush
25 Jul 2014, 18:04

Jump to forum
Jump to topic