Search found 217 matches

Return

Re: Пресса, интервью|| Press about Evgeni ON Ice

And ofc, all world are now making fun of Russia, ignoring the fact that this is the proposal of a minor oppositon party, which always gives such silly ideas :kli_ny: ... and that representative of the ruling majority said that the sports committee in the Duma will not adopt it :plush34:

The Western media, of course, would jump on this--it probably cannot be helped. They probably want to portray Zhirinovsky somehow as representative of Russia overall... :ps_ih:
by whitebamboo
08 Apr 2015, 05:12

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I don't know if this album of the Moscow press conference from the 14th has been posted yet:
http://www.mskagency.ru/materials/2496462
by whitebamboo
20 Oct 2015, 05:32

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

"For now I, of course, not revealed completely my short program of what has already been set - approx 50 per cent. After Tallinn, I skated the same program in Rostov, Krasnodar. In training I practice axel with 3.5 turnovers, quadruple toe loop. From 3rd to 8th November in St. Petersburg I will have my show ("Snow King 2"), and immediately after I'm returning to Moscow to put the program with Yuri Posokhov at the Bolshoi Theatre. I renewable form".

Why does this quote him saying he is training the 4T again...Please be patient... :plush47: :plush47:
by whitebamboo
02 Nov 2015, 01:49

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Снежный Король2- Питер || Snow King2-St.Petersburg 4-8.1

Some more nice photos from Tumblr:
http://natalia-plushenko.tumblr.com/post/132898510874
http://natalia-plushenko.tumblr.com/post/132898444034
http://natalia-plushenko.tumblr.com/post/132898283059
http://natalia-plushenko.tumblr.com/post/132898227749
http://natalia-plushenko.tumblr.com/post/132898178309
http://natalia-plushenko.tumblr.com/post/132898075644
http://natalia-plushenko.tumblr.com/post/132898023644
by whitebamboo
11 Nov 2015, 01:25

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Другие интересные новости || Other interesting news

Read this article (Plushy is not mentioned there, but I think it was necessary)....

Opining on 2016 Four Continents: Chan joins the 200-club and the history of the quad revolution:
http://www.rockerskating.com/news/2016/2/21/opining-on-2016-four-continents-chan-joins-the-200-club

Regarding the relationship the North-American press toward Plushy, and their attacks on him during 2010 Olympics ... I was especially focused on this part:
... The changes in the IJS after the 2010 Olympics, where Evan Lysacek won gold without attempting a quad in either program, led to an increase in the value of quads.

That's typical of the North American press....They needed to take the credit for everything. I still do remember the way a large part of the mainstream American media talked about Evgeni after Vancouver:I saw all sorts of personal attacks, cold war tropes, ethnic slurs. It was shameful, but of course now they all pretend it never had anything to do with him.

(As for scores, I really don't think scores from different competitions really can be compared in a too meaningful way, especially competitions from different seasons, since the standards and the judging differs so much from year to year.)
by whitebamboo
24 Feb 2016, 06:43

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

And ofc, American media take part of Plushy's statement, to use him as a "witness" in making cheap political sensationalism, in order to deal with Russia ... like that and American (any country) athletes, do not use some additional medications, which tomorrow may be banned :plush34:
----------------------------

Four more Russian athletes test positive for meldonium:
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/olympics/2016/03/08/russian-athletes-meldonium-drug-elistratov-kulizhnikov-markin-lovchev/81478876/

“Mildronate was akin to Vitamin C,” Olympic figure skating champion Evgeni Plushenko told the Russian-24 broadcast network. “But since it was banned, the athlete should stop taking it.”

Meldonium is a Latvian drug prescribed to treat ischemia — a lack of blood flow to an organ — and neurodegenerative disorders. (It has never been approved for use in the U.S. by the FDA.) The drug, used for performance-enhancing purposes, can boost the body’s oxygen uptake to aid endurance.

If you read the entire paragraph of what Evgeni said, as in previous posts:

"Meladonium is like ascorbic acid. I'm not sure it ever has any effect. But when it is forbidden, one simply must not take it. Roughly speaking, you can not drink five cups of coffee because this may be noticeable and positive for doping - there is some increased responsiveness. There is a law and it is valid for all athletes."

It is clear that the "vitamin C" comparison was meant to say that he didn't believe it was any kind of drug that would be seriously performance-enhancing. (Of course, Evgeni is not an expert, it's just an opinion. And he probably didn't know much about the specific circumstances of Bobrova; he was just talking in general.) The USA Today report quoted the comparison and the "But when it is forbidden, one simply must not take it" sentence, but specifically deleted the sentence "I'm not sure it ever has any effect" in between, as well as the coffee comparison. This way, taken together with what was written later (authoritatively and matter-of-factly talking about the "performance enhancing" aspects of meldonium as if it were completely proven and well-known), they make it sound like the vitamin C comparison was meant to be about how commonly it was used by Russian athletes.

(By the way, they also thrown in the line about how the drug was never approved in the US by the FDA, which again is an attempt to make meldonium sound more terrible and illicit, even though the fact itself doesn't mean anything. It is very difficult for drugs made by non-US companies to get into the American drug market, and the FDA testings are very time-consuming and expensive, and I haven't seen any reports that the Latvian company actually applied for FDA approval and was denied. As far as I know, they simply haven't tried.)
by whitebamboo
10 Mar 2016, 04:39

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

To summarize - when is implement some a campaign, there are usually coincides more interest - in this case: the political, sports and pharmaceutical :plush34:

Yes, you put this exactly, Cekoni!

By the way, I guess this does not relate directly to what Evgeni said, but for what it is worth, I just saw that the move to ban meldonium, as expected, came from the US agency:
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/tennis/2016/03/09/maria-sharapova-meldonium-banned-wada/81537960/

A tip from a confidential source to the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency in March 2014 that Eastern European athletes were using the drug meldonium as a performance enhancer triggered the doping scandal that now has ensnared Maria Sharapova, a person with knowledge of the process told USA TODAY Sports.
Next came the testing of stored urine samples in late 2014, funded by the Partnership for Clean Competition. An analysis of 8,300 random urine samples revealed that 182 (2.2%) contained meldonium, according to a study in late January 2015. All of those were Eastern European athletes.

The eye-opening results of the study were published online in April 2015, and were the basis for WADA adding meldonium to its list of banned substances in October 2015, to go into effect January 1, 2016.

In other words, according to this report (from USA Today as well, no less), the basis for meldonium being added to the banned list was precisely that some Eastern European athletes used it. (The positive rate was 2.2%--while it was completely allowed, so the percentage of positives out of only Eastern European athletes is higher, but still a small minority. But for the American press, it is a small step from this to "all Russian athletes are doping massively!!!!")

Edit: By the way, I also only now noticed that the USA Today story Cekoni posted above (the one quoting Evgeni) also dragged in the issue of the Russian track and field team, which was a completely different matter....
by whitebamboo
11 Mar 2016, 01:33

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Tarasova during Men's SP commenting Plushy's operation, wish him good health and comfort him that if not could to continue with skating, can always be a coach .... Irina thought it was well-intentioned, the rest of us think that she wants to send him into retirement....

I typed some words that came into my mind when I read about her "words of comfort", but I deleted them again for the sake of civility...
by whitebamboo
01 Apr 2016, 02:00

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

cekoni wrote:
whitebamboo wrote:I typed some words that came into my mind when I read about her "words of comfort", but I deleted them again for the sake of civility...

Toward me or TAT? :hi_hi_hi:

More in a general sense, I'd say.... :-) I don't know if I feel all that much civility towards her by now...
by whitebamboo
02 Apr 2016, 06:57

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Amazing on Ice - Beijing, China 15.07.2016

Johnny and his interview... :hi_hi_hi:
冰上盛典:
http://weibo.com/2107995890/DEDpgoJEL?refer_flag=1001030103_
#冰上盛典# 约翰尼·威尔接受媒体采访,当被问及他眼中颜值最高的运动员是谁,Johnny给出三个名字:普鲁申科、贝克汉姆、莎拉波娃
‏Translation by http://binkysjohnnyweirblog.com/2016/07/13/amazing-on-ice-weibogeddon-begins/
Johnny was asked during his interviews which athletes he most admired.
His answer: Evgeni Plushenko, David Beckham, and Maria Sharapova.

Actually, the question was "which athletes he thinks are the best-looking" :-) :-) :-)
by whitebamboo
14 Jul 2016, 17:38

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Statement of the Executive Board of the International Olympic Committee on the WADA Independent Person Report:
https://www.olympic.org/news/statement-of-the-executive-board-of-the-international-olympic-committee-on-the-wada-independent-person-report

The IOC will initiate reanalysis, including forensic analysis, and a full inquiry into all Russian athletes who participated in the Olympic Winter Games Sochi 2014 and their coaches, officials and support staff. For this purpose, a specific Disciplinary Commission is set up under the chairmanship of Mr Denis Oswald. Following the report of this Commission, the IOC EB will impose all the appropriate sanctions.

Мишин: доклад WADA компрометирует не сборную России, а само агентство:
http://tass.ru/sport/3467003

Look at the way IOC statement is stated. Presumption of guilt already. Frankly, I don't trust this "reanalysis". Given how much of a political tool WADA has revealed itself to be, some kind of "special committee" is not to be trusted either. There is no low to which these people won't go. People say there is a concept of "projecting". If they are able to talk about of switched samples, clean for tainted, then I cannot rule out that they won't do it themselves, but the other way around.

I like Mishin's words about it very much. As for the so-called report, I just wanted to mention a few facts: that it is very much based on the words of just this one witness, and some "confidential sources". The report claims it has other evidence from "scientific analysis" and "erased emails", but refuses to show them. The author of the report openly said that he was not interested to hear what the Russian side has to say, because "they would just deny it". This author of the report, Richard McLauren, is a Canadian lawyer. Also, before the report was released, it was revealed that the U. S. and Canadian Olympic Committees have been circulating a letter calling for the blanket banning of all Russian athletes--in other words, what was in this so-called 'confidential" and "independent" report was already known to them. This is completely unethical.

With Evgeni, at first I momentarily thought whether if it would be best if he didn't say too much, and kept himself "clear" from what is obviously a difficult and highly politicized situation, but I realized, there is no longer any choice of keeping clear. As these people have made it very very obvious, they do not intend to let anyone be "clear". Their goal is to attack all Russian athletes, and Evgeni is a Russian athlete. He's one of the faces of Russian sport. At the risk of overestimating his importance, maybe some people even have him marked as some sort of representative of Russian "soft power", for all I know. And if so, those people are the ones in possession of the world's most powerful propaganda machines. As is already obvious, this is not about sports itself. The cold war has restarted; maybe it had never ended. You don't have to "get involved" in it; like all wars, it will come looking for you.

I am sorry, I guess I am talking about politics, not "sports politics", but the real, far more dangerous kind. It's something I've tried to refrain from before. People may not share my views about it in general. And in the end, when one thinks about the hundred thousands of human lives lost in the pursuit of geopolitical goals on the part of the few, maybe people will say some athletes' dreams and honor are just....nothing. But in the end, that's not the case.

P. S. I just saw a good English article about the attempt to ban Russian athletes. It doesn't mention Evgeni himself, but it does have to do with him, in that it is about Russian athletes in general. I hope you don't mind me putting the link here:
http://theduran.com/stalinist-witch-hunt-russian-athletes/
by whitebamboo
19 Jul 2016, 23:20

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yes, you are right - speaking, not speaking - it's the same: each russian is suspicious and guilty by default. :plush34:

To me seems that some people in the west, their hatred towards people with different color of skin, gays, communists... (which is not anymore "popular", or is forbidden), replaced with hatred towards other nations, particularly "dangerous capitalist Russians". As if that hatred (chauvinism) thereof has not likewise unethical, the only thing that is not prohibited yet.
... The only thing which I can not understand is how nobody in the West does not see how even pattern of campaigns (spin) is identical, since the 90s - how in sports, so and in politics (wars). :plush44:
(sory for my personal thinking here)

Thanks for link :plush45:

Yes, well, I don't know. I think some people in the West do see it, but it is very difficult (I speak from my own experience). I think perhaps it is because the powerful needs and wants them not to see. Perhaps it is because to feel superior to others is a strong psychological need, and sometimes I wonder if that feeling is not conditioned into people in certain countries, more so than in others, to the point where otherwise nice people start to not see Russians (for instance) as real individual persons, but just a stereotype to be belittled. We saw that to a far lesser extent even at the time of Vancouver. They would not consider anything Evgeni said, but just said "stupid arrogant Russian" and felt happy that they dismissed him, in part precisely because they didn't want to have to think about what he said. But ultimately, maybe Vancouver will look like nothing compared to what we may possibly expect now--because the larger political situation has changed. Far more is at stake now. Now it's certain organizations and countries deliberately attacking on a greater scale.

As for whether there are abuses on the part of some Russian athletes and sports officials, I certainly am not saying that there aren't any problems, especially in some disciplines. But the report is clearly and outrageously biased. It, as far as I can tell, consists of accusations. And WADA's instant recommendation, as if all the accusations have already been proven the incontrovertible truth, would not stand up in any normal court--except a "kangaroo court", where the outcome was already pre-determined. And unfortunately, this appears to be a kangaroo court. (As for the notion of collective punishment based on nothing but nation of citizenship, the article said it better than I can: "practices formerly considered unacceptable in civilized countries".)

I guess, I don't know what to say. At times it seems these forces are just so much more powerful than some "mere athletes". But one still needs to speak one's opinion. I'm glad Evgeni did so, even if the Western media will inevitably try to twist his words.
by whitebamboo
20 Jul 2016, 04:15

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I don't understand how can they put the original label with the "Unique 7-digit code" on the new buttle?

The report's author, McLauren, claims in an interview that his staff has done experiments that proves itis possible, but refuses to reveal the actual experiments. And of course, even proving "this can be done" is not at all proving "the FSB did this".
https://www.rt.com/sport/351957-wada-doping-russia-mclaren/
by whitebamboo
20 Jul 2016, 15:27

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Just to add here next stage of campaign (and this is not isolated article)... :ze_le_ny:
----------------------

Sochi scandal could see Kim end up with gold :
http://www.japantimes.co.jp/sports/2016/07/22/figure-skating/sochi-scandal-see-kim-end-gold/#.V5JBXxKeDJr

It seems to me, that in light of the massive scale of the doping plot in Sochi, that all of the Russian medalists should be provisionally stripped of their medals and other medalists upgraded.

This is absolutely disgusting. These people trying to pretend that there is proof that a "doping plot in Sochi" existed, instead of accusations from a single person, well-known to be a dishonest dope provider himself. And of course, one part of the problem is that some people from other countries are going to let their own short-sighted ideas of "well maybe we can get more medals out of this" to influence their minds. If anything like this is attempted, there needs to be lawsuits for defamation and discrimination. As several commentators I've read have already pointed out, something like this is absolutely actionable. And not in some kind of Court of Sports Arbitration, which is a total joke. Let's see if they can be forced to say openly "we are going to drop the legal principle of innocence until proven guilty, one of the founding principles of modern rule by law" in a real court.

Another good article about this so-called, and the absolutely flimsy basis it is based on. More people need to know the facts:
http://orientalreview.org/2016/07/21/the-olympics-as-a-tool-of-the-new-cold-war/

(One point this article makes is that the so-called WADA report does not accuse any particular individual Russian athletes, because they don't dare to: if they name anyone, they can and will get sued, and based on the ludicrous state of their "evidence", they have no leg to stand on in any legitimate court. And of course, if they don't name any individuals (since they can't), that has the additional advantage of putting everyone under collective suspicion.)

Of course, this leaves them the option of trying to switch samples themselves during the "retesting" that they say they will do....Which I wouldn't put beyond them by now.
by whitebamboo
23 Jul 2016, 19:25

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

As many of you must already know, the Court of Arbitration for Sports (CAS) dismissed Russia's appeal against the blanket ban on its paralympians:
https://www.rt.com/sport/356821-ban-russia-paralympic-cas/

So there is still a long difficult battle ahead for Russian sports...One has to consider the possibility that they may still come after the Sochi medals. These "sports courts" are, of course, absolute jokes. For instance, in one recent case of one Russian athlete who was banned from Rio due to being mentioned in the McLaren report (I'll have to look up the exact case), the CAS admitted that the McLaren report could not be relied up, yet in the very same judgement, still ruled against the athlete "based on the McLaren report"!

From the way the paralympian judgement was phrased, it sounded like they wanted the Russian Paralympic Committee to actually prove its innocence. If that is the case, of course, it goes against the most basic legal principles.

I saw a letter by a well-known pro-Russian blogger, who is a lawyer in Great Britain, on some legal strategies that Isinbayeva (for instance) can take, in suing--in a real court--WADA and McLaren for material damage. It was quoted in the comments on this page:
https://marknesop.wordpress.com/2016/08/19/olympian-or-politician-make-up-your-mind/comment-page-1/#comments

Maybe I'll take the space to reproduce it here, just in case...Against the remote chance that there ever comes a situation that I don't want to think about. Maybe I am just incredibly paranoid. Of course, it should be emphasized it's just one opinion. (Berlinger is the manufacturer of the sample bottles used in Sochi, and at Rio as well. They've issued a statement about their product that essentially contradicts McLaren's claims.)

Dear Mark,

Your point about the guarantee is a very powerful one. I am not sure whether Isinbayeva would be able to sue on the guarantee however because as she did not buy the bottles from Berlinger she cannot say she had a contract with Berlinguer in which the guarantee is a term. It is because there is no contract between Isinbayeva and Berlinger that the case against Berlinger must be brought in negligence, which is where the principles set out in the ‘snail in the bottle’ case come in. However the guarantee is undoubtedly important as evidence to establish the duty of care and I am sure Isinbayeva will quote it.

As I don’t think Isinbayeva would have any problems establishing that Berlinger owed her a duty of care I don’t think she would have any problem proving she suffered loss if the duty of care was breached. I am sure any court would accept that exclusion from the Games was a direct consequence of the breach and would award her compensation on that basis. After all she will have lost money as a result of her exclusion, though that does not seem to be an important consideration for her.

The only issue therefore would be establishing whether the duty of care was in fact breached ie. were the bottles opened in the way McLaren says or not?

Here again I think you are absolutely right. For the duty of care to have been breached it would be necessary to show (1) that it was possible to tamper with the bottles as McLaren says and (2) that the bottles actually WERE tampered with as McLaren also says.

The one point where I disagree with you is that I don’t think this is legally speaking an indirect approach. I know that is how it might look to a non-lawyer but it is not how it would look to a lawyer. On the contrary a lawyer would say it was a direct approach.

What I suspect will happen is that a case will be brought probably against the IAAF with WADA, McLaren himself and Berlinger as second, third and fourth defendants. That way Berlinger as fourth defendant would be obliged to defend its product in the court case. If it turned out that what McLaren says about the bottles is true Berlinger would lose the case and would pay Isinbayeva compensation for breach of the duty of care. If it turned out that what McLaren says is false, the IAAF, WADA and McLaren would pay Isinbayeva compensation because of the harm she suffered from their actions, and they would also have to compensate Berlinger its legal costs involved in attending the case in which it was obliged to uphold the integrity of its product.

t sounds complicated but it really isn’t. It is the sort of thing that goes on all the time. It makes sense to have all the parties present in the same court room and in the same case and that looks to be the obvious way to do. The key point is that it is McLaren who must ultimately prove that the bottles were tampered with as he says.

This is not by the way a complicated case either in legal or evidential terms. In England it could be concluded within a year. France and Switzerland take longer, but in Canada it could also be done pretty fast.

It may take the entire world to change, but I believe one day, this will be seen as "a dark page" in the history of the Olympics. These are the same words that the self-righteous hypocrites use, but it will be for the opposite reason.
by whitebamboo
23 Aug 2016, 17:29

Jump to forum
Jump to topic