Search found 217 matches

Return

Re: Пресса о Жене, интервью Жени || Press about Evgeni ON Ic

As someone who is not a Russian speaker I don't see why the article could have been written by a hater and why Plushy's reaction seems paranoid. The article in English and the NBC article are a compilation of different news and they look quite accurate. Evgeni's reaction is also normal, he's basically explaining that it was a mistake and journalists should contact him for any updates. I've completely failed to see what is wrong in the three articles,. :plush38: :ne_vi_del:

For myself, I also don't think the articles make Plushy's reaction appear paranoid. But I'm a paranoid person myself ::yaz-yk: So what I didn't quite like about the English rsport.ru article was the last sentence (which was not in the Russian article):

although Plushenko is thought to have guaranteed the host nation's only spot in the singles category.

The NBC article had a similar line, though maybe slightly better:

the coach of one of Plushenko’s top competitors for the berth recently said Plushenko will be given the spot if healthy.

Of course, Tarasova has the right to offer her view and opinion of the situation, but in the end, she's not on Plushy's team nor speaking in an official capacity as a member of FFKKR, and right now she can be said to have a conflict of interest with Plushy. I find it noticeable that these short articles, which are mostly just about the "basic facts", would go out of their way to quote this. Also the way they quoted Tarasova, without actually naming her, possibly have the effect of making it seem like there's a general consensus that Plushy will somehow be "unfairly" guaranteed the Olympic spot, no matter what happens at RN.

In contrast, one can look at what Mishin said in the Lynn Rutherford article:

"Of course, Russian nationals will be a fight for him," said Mishin, who has trained Plushenko since the skater was 11 or 12. "All his life was a struggle for himself. Nobody ever awarded him any gold medals for free, just for the hard work."

It's just me, but maybe I get a sense it's not for no reason that Mishin is emphasizing this point...(As I said, I'm paranoid.)

Well, anyways, again it's just all talk now. What is important is that Evgeni be in good condition, and be able to shut them up at RN...Let's continue to pray for his health!
by whitebamboo
22 Oct 2013, 20:52

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

So what I didn't quite like about the English rsport.ru article was the last sentence (which was not in the Russian article):

although Plushenko is thought to have guaranteed the host nation's only spot in the singles category.

And I was angry about it, but I was not sure what that exactly meant, so I asked someone - and she told me that "other people think that Plushy was guaranteed a place" .... what you think? :plush38:

Yes, that's what it means, but almost a little bit more, I think...I don't know quite how to express it well, but if you say "other people think...", it's still subjective because you're emphasizing a little more the fact that it's just these people who are thinking/saying it. But if you say "it is thought that...", it almost makes it seems more factually true, except not quite (because they can't really say it as a fact). So I'd say that "Plushenko is thought to have [been] guaranteed..." is just a slight weakening of "Plushenko has been guaranteed..." This is why I thought the NBC article's phrasing was slightly better than the en.rsport.ru article's.

Also, I understand that these two articles omitted the real situation, and that they didn't not explain the reason for Plushy's reaction, so that his words were taken out of context. But I think the actual sentence from Plushy quoted sounded fine even while out of context; it is similar to things he has been saying a number of times the last few years. So I think a reader who doesn't know anything about the real situation would more likely not realize that Plushy was reacting to anything at all, and just think that he is expressing his determination to go to Sochi in general, the same as he has expressed before...
by whitebamboo
22 Oct 2013, 22:59

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Другие интересные новости || Other interesting news

Of course it's not "just about quads". But quads (and other jumps) are important, so that in this sense, I think it's a positive development that people are jumping more quads. It's more risky, of course, but that's what competitive sport is about. And for skaters who have limitations in other aspects, it's a valid strategy.

I believe that Evgeni's view regarding the quad has always been that it is a central and established part of modern men's skating. If more than one competitor skated relatively cleanly, then not having a quad at all should be seen as a fairly serious flaw in the program, which can be made up, however, if there were fairly significant differences in other aspects. I think what he has said relating to this has been consistent, both at Vancouver, and for instance at Sheffield, when he himself was at that point unable to do the quad due to injury, and was behind Artur in the SP. But during the debate after Vancouver, Evgeni's opponents deliberately mis-characterized his position as saying "it's just about the quads", so that they would have a strawman to attack.
by whitebamboo
04 Nov 2013, 17:12

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: ISU Volvo Open Cup 22nd - Riga, Latvia 07-10.11.2013

[b]
Евгений Плющенко: Пишу книгу о своих испытаниях: .... (Longer article from SovSport)
http://sport.mail.ru/news/figure-skating/15582909/

I can only read from google translate, but I really do wish that he does not change the SP to another... :plush34: It is so uniquely him, and emotionally meaningful. From what I've seen, people have in general also responded well to it already, even though he held back in Riga.
by whitebamboo
11 Nov 2013, 19:23

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Новости о соревнованиях || Plushy in Competitions 2012/1

Mishin said that Plushy will not perform at the Grand Prix "Rostelecom Cup" (22-24.11.2013)!
Before the Russian and European championships, he will perform at another smaller competition.
There will be changes in the Short Program, they prepared a "surprise".

I can only read the google translate, and it doesn't give all the nuances...I am wondering if you think that Mishin means "changes in the SP", as in the music, etc. will be modified, but with the same overall idea, or do you think he means that they will change it completely to another program?
by whitebamboo
13 Nov 2013, 18:50

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Новости о соревнованиях || Plushy in Competitions 2012/1

New SP :plush34: ... i dont wanted to upset you :hi_hi_hi:

Anyway, they will probably try new SP on this smaller competition... and then decide. They can back to 1st SP, anytime :mi_ga_et:

Thank you, I hope so... :plush34:

Though of course Evgeni will bring his own power and his own interpretation in whatever music he chooses.
by whitebamboo
13 Nov 2013, 20:53

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: ISU Volvo Open Cup 22nd - Riga, Latvia 07-10.11.2013

Hi Consuelo, thank you very much for your report!!! :plush39: My question is, Plushy's programs looked very empty at the Volvo Cup, aren't they ready yet or he simply skated a light version? I'm talking especially about the LP because I haven't seen any new choreography, only parts from old programs, did you see the new elements in Pinzolo?

I would not call the LP "very empty", but Mishin said that they will use this time to work on transitions, among other things.

P. S. Regarding "choreography", I am not saying that is what you're saying, but just as a side remark, it seems to me that some skating fans appear to be just repeating that "he has no choreography" without even looking at what he skated.
by whitebamboo
15 Nov 2013, 17:04

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

this topic? :du_ma_et:
http://www.team-russia2014.ru/article/12580.html

Давид Авдыш: Плющенко напоминает мне Птицу Феникс – он каждый раз сгорает в огне и вновь возрождается из пепла
12.11.2013 14:56:01 | Фигурное катание | Новости

I know this is a couple of days old, but I am wondering if someone can translate this interview of David's?

I read it only in google translate, but I am already very moved by David's affection for Evgeni, which is so clear in every word. Also, I could only barely understand what David revealed about Evgeni's training, but I feel it is something I hope more people would read about, especially Evgeni's fans.
by whitebamboo
17 Nov 2013, 03:55

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

You're right - Lekernik was very accurate, but it is possible that Piseev talking about the same - it's always possible to declare that some skater is "injured"....
Now it's just a question of: what Piseev (federation) wants, what TAT wants... and what PLUSHY WANTS?! :plush34:
----------

By me, there already started campaign for Kovtun (by TAT) - here are "casual open conversations" of some journalists which write in russian media, and obviously - "work for TAT" (about David i already wrote you here)....
When you read this - remember that they are Plushy's haters, and by me: this is just their "wishes" (that is, TAT campaign for Kovtun) - Plushy ONLY in SP on Team event! : :st_op:

Wow. Just wow. :plush43: :plush43: :plush43: :plush43:

I know these are just haters' fantasies, but it's pretty incredible to me that they would dare to circulate these suggestions of robbing Evgeni of his chances to compete at Sochi!, just like that!

I don't know...I suppose we will have to wait to see exactly what the proposal says. But if this kind of thing really becomes a blatant "campaign", then I am wondering if Evgeni and Mishin will need to speak up for themselves, too, and expose them.

I just can't believe it. Evgeni is fighting so hard to get to Sochi, it's not only for himself but also for his country. So now in addition to fighting against his injuries and age, he also has to fight against people like these? ?!!

P. S. And Nowak's false "it would be a shame"...Disgusting!!
by whitebamboo
20 Nov 2013, 00:06

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Вопрос о запасном фигуристе на ОИ принципиально решен - Писеев
http://sochi2014.rsport.ru/sochi2014_figure/20131119/702142252.html
"Таким образом, мы сможем после командных соревнований выставить запасного фигуриста в личном турнире", - добавил гендиректор ФФККР.

I am a little confused about this proposal, since the google translate is not so clear...So the "spare skater" will skate the team or the individual event? As I understand it, Lakernik said that there was a proposal that if the single entry is injured or sick during the team event and cannot continue, then an alternate skater can skate the rest. Is this the same proposal? Or are they so bent on pushing Kovtun to Sochi, that they're going to let him take Evgeni's place in either the team or individual event, even if Evgeni is able and willing to do both?

I know that it will be extremely difficult for Evgeni physically to skate four programs, but he's always been saying that this is the goal he is working toward, and that he would follow the new rules about the team competition, and do both or nothing. I guess, I am not certain if this new proposal is a good or a bad thing, mostly because I am not sure what this proposal really is...(And as always, I tend to worry about everything when it comes to Evgeni.)
by whitebamboo
19 Nov 2013, 22:13

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I hope girls :plush47:

... sorry, sometimes this idiots kicked out me of balance :plush43: and I have to share with you my nervousness and dilemma :plush44: :plush39:

I completely understand your worries!

Well, of course the most important thing is for Evgeni to be in good health and condition, so that he can beat Kovtun decisively at RN. Right now I am getting pretty paranoid, so I'm trying to think what possible things can be done against Evgeni, and what can be done against them...We are only fans, but in the hypothetical case there is going to be some kind of "media campaign" (I'm not going to say that is what is going to happen right now), well, I for one won't go down without a fight. There will have to be some public outrage.

By the way, I am wondering, can you please also screencap the Twitter conversation among Nowak and his cronies also? Thanks...

(Yes, I know I sound paranoid. I really, really hope it won't come to that. It's mostly likely that I'm just going crazy, which would be fine. But I just want to be prepared for all theoretical possibilities, no matter how small, and even if as fans, there may not be too much we can do. But I think we can do a little bit of something.)
by whitebamboo
20 Nov 2013, 02:04

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I confess that I don't quite understand the logic of these last tweets of his...As I read it, Alena was asking about Kovtun's results at the GPF, why does he bring up the Russian fed and Piseev? Is he actually trying to claim that the Russian fed tried to push Kovtun's scores down at GPF? (Or perhaps more relevantly, that it will do so at RN?)

Well, in the end maybe it doesn't matter what he says--I have to say for myself I'm not even particularly annoyed by these tweets (as I would've been a few years ago), maybe just a little sad, and maybe a little wary. Plushy is the one who is still standing on ice, and what is important is that he has good condition and is able to do his best. I do also hope that they don't try to bother him at this point of his training...
by whitebamboo
09 Dec 2013, 06:11

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Чемпионат России || Russian Nationals 2013/14, 22-27.12.

So, FS will be "sequel" of his SP? :mi_ga_et: .... I like the idea :-):

Well, the FS is more like "all of him", so to speak :-): We'll have to wait and see about the SP--it will be very soon! :plush47: :plush47: It could be a revision of the 11/12 LP, or maybe they will try to make something a little different.

Also, I suddenly remembered that recently, while shooting some advertisements (possibly for the upcoming tour), he was seen in the Tango Roxanne costume again...Perhaps it was totally unrelated, or perhaps he'll use that costume once more?
by whitebamboo
24 Dec 2013, 00:00

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Again Mulin Rouge? Probably without Roxanne, I imagine...
BTW, I'm curious :smu:sche_nie:

I am curious, too! I have to say I don't know the movie very well, I thought Roxanne was the only tango in it?

Also, there is already a part of Tango Roxanne in the LP... :plush38:

(BTW, speaking of the LP, I think there has been some changes to the music since Volvo Cup, and it flows even better now. Edvin has really done an amazing job! :plush39: Also, I just want to mention this really small change in the kneeling ending pose, at the very, very end, he lays his hand against the ice. I love that.)
by whitebamboo
23 Dec 2013, 22:58

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

If I remember, the official criterion for EC selection is that if there are three spots, the top two place winners from RN get them, and one more spot is decided by the consideration of the council. So in principle, if Plushy and Mishin decide to go to EC, they have a good case for getting it. From Mishin's words, I get the sense that they will probably try for it. (Incidentally, I remember that one of the excuses Piseev used to keep Menshov out of EC last year was "if he'd gotten second place, he would have gone".) But as we may imagine, there may be some very influential people who really want to keep Plushy out of EC, so there is going to be a fight ahead.

I think this is why Mishin specifically mentioned Ministry of Sports, as the body above the Skating Federation...Last year, people even petitioned the Ministry about Menshov, but that didn't work. Let's hope that things work better this time! :plush47: :plush47: )
by whitebamboo
27 Dec 2013, 06:30

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I feel like I've been going crazy the last few days. The hope in my mind came alive, died, came alive, died, back and forth...But right now I think it is alive again. We'll wait and see if it changes.

I am kind of confused about what Plushy really said regarding the Euros in the press conference after the LP? I noticed that a lot of press came out very swiftly saying that he said he's not going to Euros, but on the other hand, I saw some other reports saying that what he really said was that he had originally not planned to go to Euros, but now he was reconsidering. Now what he said at the awards ceremony seems to support the second scenario.

With what he said at the same press conference regarding only going to the team competition, again, I noticed that a lot of media immediately picked up and reported it, and Piseev first reacted to it by saying he supported the decision, then turned around and said that Plushy didn't know the rules...

Tatjana Flade already said on FSU that Plushy didn't know the real changes to the rules. And I think right now, this fact is actually to his advantage. I remember that before, he said that he would skate four programs or give the chance over to a younger skater. But that was before the proposed change or clarification to the rules, which said that it would require an injury on the part of the original skater in order to switch skater. Tatjana Flade said that Plushy was under the impression that Russia was allowed to have one skater for the team competition and one for the individual.

I think it's not a big deal to say that he was wrong about the rules. After all, lots of people involved with skating, and skating fans, say all sorts of wrong things about the rules regarding the team competition. And Plushy has been concentrating on training; he couldn't have been expected to keep up with all the nuances about every piece of news (which was around Nov. 19-20). But I do wonder what (or who) gave him that wrong impression...

This is just me guessing, but right now I suspect what he was thinking at the post-LP press conference was that he would go to the Euros, prove his right to go to Sochi there, but give one of the two different spots (as he wrongly thought at the point) to Kovtun. We all know his incredibly generous and honorable and dare I say sometimes foolish (in a good way) heart, he might just have thought that Kovtun deserved it, and that it would help the younger skater. He did not know that it would require that he be or pretend to be injured after the team competition. I think he never thought of it as giving up, or as conceding defeat. But given that it was all said under a wrong premise, I really feel that what he said about skating only the team competition should be disregarded by now.

I think they have not given up even now, and therefore we fans should not give up, either! (Though I do have to say I am still really, really scared. I don't understand at all how Mishin could dare to not let him go to the Euros. I am praying that he knows something we don't know at all, and I am praying that something is really, really solid...)

P. S. I think in my previous post on the last page, I misread Mishin' words before the coaches' council meeting about deciding whether to go to the Euros. But then again, I've been misreading a lot of things in the last two days...So this whole post could be totally wrong again in another couple of hours. But if there is even one shred of hope remaining, I will cling to it!
by whitebamboo
28 Dec 2013, 02:31

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Thank you for your report.
But I'm afraid maybe we, his fans pursue him to do the impossible ... Maybe we should wish him peace and rest with his family and preparing to the show tour . Maybe if he goes along this path to lose more than he wins. Lose fans, respects etc. What do you think? He will go to heaven or go to the "hell". Huge difference..:plush34: I don't know it worth it? I already read many attacks against him...

I've been thinking a lot this last week, and I've had similar thoughts myself. But in the end, I will trust him and Mishin. There are not many more chances for losing or winning anyway, just the Olympics. I believe they will make the right decision, whatever it may be. There is so much information that we do not have; we cannot make any decisions for him. So for myself, I will wish what he wishes, and nothing more.

Plus, everything is in fate's hands now. If he is chosen, and he believes that he can still fight with honor, then he will do so. If not, then he would still have done everything in his power. What more can anyone ask for?

As for attacks, of course many were ready to pounce and attack. If another skater has a performance not up to their level, then that's to be taken in stride, but if it is Evgeni Plushenko, suddenly it is all "delusional" and "a shadow of his former self". They forget that a day ago, they were trembling at his SP performance. But those ink-spillers and people who inhabit internet forums are small, in the grand scheme of things. He is a true legend who is loved, who is inspirational, a hero, and nothing can change this.

As for others--yes, maybe some people are easily swayed. That's the way many people are. One day they shout their acclaim at the gate of Jerusalem, another day they mock and revile along the road to Calvary.

I know I should not make such comparisons. Evgeni is merely human. And I'm not even a Christian myself, but he is. I remember an interview from I think the summer of 2011, when he was training, and his knees were bad, he talked about his faith, what it meant to him, that to be a Christian is to "carry the cross". I remember being surprised and struck by that.

What I mean is, if it comes to heaven or hell--then perhaps that's what this venture is from the very start. If it comes to hope--then perhaps it has always been the smallest of hopes. But there is another motto I remember now, from the great composer J. S. Bach. It says: Christus coronabit crucigeros , "Christ crowns those who carry His cross".

So in that sense--as long as he keeps faith and honor in his heart, then no matter what happens, there is no chance of hell after all.

A week ago, I thought that the goal, so near, was all-important. Now I understand it is the road. Even if Evgeni never stands on competitive ice again, this would not have been in vain. it has already been worth it. He has already done the impossible.
by whitebamboo
31 Dec 2013, 19:49

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Some people can only speak malice because that is the only thing in their minds. They are not capable of fitting someone like Evgeni into their little worldview, so they revile him. No matter. One does not expect anything better from the likes of TSL and their ilk. They don't even know what his programs are.

As for the Russian Skating Federation, so apparently they want their cake and eat it too--both to push Kovtun and to use Evgeni to help them with the team...Well, we will see what happens.
by whitebamboo
31 Dec 2013, 03:08

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I read again that imaginative invention of TSL's again, about what vast power and wealth he has in Russia, and Vladimir Putin...LOL, now I almost wish this is the case! Things would be much easier now if it were so! :)-(:
by whitebamboo
02 Jan 2014, 21:08

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Елена ИЛЬИНЫХ: физически мы готовы к Олимпиаде:
http://itar-tass.com/opinions/interviews/1875

I see, that's the picture they are trying to paint now, that Evgeni "made the announcement in a temper" about not going to the Euros?

In that case, I must say that Kovtun's coach Elena Buryanova is quite a fortune-teller, to be able to predict Evgeni's "temper" back before the LP!
http://www.team-russia2014.ru/article/13828.html

Elena Ilinykh's words were very kind and lovely. I feel very grateful to her for them.
by whitebamboo
05 Jan 2014, 00:09

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Well, how interesting, isn't it? :ps_ih:

I've been tryting to explain to others about Evgeni's statement about only going to the team competition in the interview right after LP--that he had the wrong idea of what the modified rules actually said. Only a few days later did I get a chance to look at the actual quote:
http://www.team-russia2014.ru/article/13875.html

Only then did I noticed the fact that he actually said it in answer to a direct question from the reporter, and the question was "You said you're not going to the Euros. What will you choose, the team or individual event?" Evgeni confirmed about not going to Euros, and answered that he was going to choose the team competition--with all the difficulties that ensued.

- Евгений, вы сказали, что пропустите чемпионат Европы. А какой турнир выберете на Олимпийских играх – командный или индивидуальный?
- На Европу я действительно не поеду – при любом раскладе. А на Олимпиаде, думаю, выберу командный турнир, а молодому и перспективному спортсмену отдам индивидуальные соревнования. Я здраво рассуждаю и адекватно всё оцениваю – мне будет достаточно выступить на командном соревновании, в котором сборная России может рассчитывать на золото!

(I know I only read this via google translate, and I don't know how accurate or complete a transcript this was. Irina has the video, which let's talk mentioned in our conversation on Twitter with TSL.)

Don't you think the way the question was asked is highly unusual and interesting, too, especially just at this moment?

Edit: As for the rumors, I think by now it is clear that at least to some extent, they reflect the actual ideas and plans of some people...
by whitebamboo
05 Jan 2014, 04:04

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

... and still ongoing different wishes, hidden agreements, double games, intrigues ... real drama in the announcement :plush44: :plush34:

And how is an honorable man to survive all this?

(And, you forgot to mention psychological warfare...)

-----------------

Well, in any case, everything else may be just "circumstantial evidence" (though there is quite a lot of it). But I find it difficult to imagine the question about "choosing" being asked--at that very moment--unless the reporter knew he was "supposed to choose" in this situation. I also find it difficult to imagine Evgeni--or anyone in his situation--answering the way he did, unless that this was not the first time the question has been posed to him.

We know by now that Evgeni wrongly thought that Russia's team and individual spots are different. It does not take too much to ask what, or who, made him think this, and for what reason. We cannot know what was said to him from the federation, all I know is, it could not have been the truth.

Look at Piseev's first reaction, saying that Evgeni's statement about doing only the team competition is "patriotic", and one that he supported:
http://rsport.ru/sochi2014_figure/20131225/710837477.html

And thess slightly later ones, when he starts to talk about the real rules, the need to withdraw due to injury. In the second link, Piseev also confirms that Evgeni would not go to the Euros--claiming that he believes Evgeni "did not have enough forces" for it. (This was before the coaches' council meeting.)
http://izvestia.ru/news/563281#ixzz2oZnYlqa2
http://sochi2014.rsport.ru/sochi2014_figure/20131225/710866070.html

I would have thought that under normal circumstances, given what just happened, and given how crucial the situation is, one would have expected Evgeni's team to reconsider their plans, and waited for a more official decision from his side.

Of course, Evgeni was under strong emotions immediately after the LP. But perhaps it is more important to remember that he was under a wrong understanding of the situation at the time as well. Right now, I am glad that later on several occasions, he at least said that he was reconsidering, and that he did not rule it out (at the gala). At least for the record.

I know that being a fan, I cannot avoid bias in my thought processes. I know that maybe this does not actually help Evgeni's situation whatsoever. I am basing my guesses only on publicly-available information, and they may be wrong. I know that it's been an emotional time for many of Evgeni's fans. But i just hope that people can think for a moment, and draw their conclusions.
by whitebamboo
06 Jan 2014, 00:26

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Heh, I don't mind "outsiders" analyzing at this point...They could try to analyze the facts, though! If they would simply comes here and go through all the links to the news reports of what was said by various people...
by whitebamboo
07 Jan 2014, 05:13

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yes, openly and publicly - after Zhurankov's comment (during Worlds?) about Plushy's non-existing surgery... then increased, when Plushy sued him at court - then many "so-call" journalists start to "defend the fellow" and atack Plushy :plush34:
To me never will be clear - why journalists protect someone, just because he is a "journalist" - even if he is a fool and a liar? :kli_ny:

If I remember, Zhurankov's comments were when he was commentating on the 4CC. That was when Evgeni was still in Israel, only a few days after the operation.

I am now going back and re-reading some of his words at the time, as well as people's reactions...(such as Mishin's)
by whitebamboo
09 Jan 2014, 05:32

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I can see Evgeni's determination in each word, but this interview made me tremble...

:plush47: :plush47: :plush47:

(P. S. I noticed that when Piseev and Gorshkov were talking about Sochi recently, they always say "who will be the main representative and who will be the alternate"...Just saying.)
by whitebamboo
10 Jan 2014, 00:02

Jump to forum
Jump to topic