Пресса, интервью|| Press about Evgeni ON Ice

Любим! Надеемся! Верим!
We love you! We believe in you!

Re: Пресса о Жене, интервью Жени || Press about Evgeni ON Ic

Postby lovplush » 27 May 2012, 22:08

clairdelalune wrote:
Ok, maybe she should have said "marked down" an not "criticized". It doesn't bother me because I got the point, she wants to know if Camerlengo improved Evgeni's transitions. I would have asked him the same thing, because I'm very very curious to see the result. Aren't you?
I don't care who agrees with her and who don't, I care about the marks and we all know his TR mark is lower than other components. This is a fact! :plush36:

Do not forget Plushy's IN and PE marks are also lower than certain skater :plush43: :plush43: So that is totally normal then? (This comment is purely to express my feeling towards current judging system, which in some way is just a joke)
Plushenko Chinese Fans Club: http://www.plushycnfanclub.org/

These users thanked the author lovplush for the post:
lala630312 (28 May 2012, 00:47)
Rating: 4.17%

lovplush

Postby clairdelalune » 27 May 2012, 22:39

lovplush wrote:
clairdelalune wrote:
Ok, maybe she should have said "marked down" an not "criticized". It doesn't bother me because I got the point, she wants to know if Camerlengo improved Evgeni's transitions. I would have asked him the same thing, because I'm very very curious to see the result. Aren't you?
I don't care who agrees with her and who don't, I care about the marks and we all know his TR mark is lower than other components. This is a fact! :plush36:

Do not forget Plushy's IN and PE marks are also lower than certain skater :plush43: :plush43: So that is totally normal then? (This comment is purely to express my feeling towards current judging system, which in some way is just a joke)

You can't compare scores from different competitions, it's not relevant. Evgeni couldn't skate at 100% at Euros. it was his second competion of the season, he was injured and undertrained. Other skaters do 4-5 competitions before Worlds, where they are supposed to peak. IN and PE aren't a problem, he has to improve the transitions.
ImageImage

These users thanked the author clairdelalune for the post:
lala630312 (28 May 2012, 00:49)

clairdelalune

Postby lovplush » 27 May 2012, 22:57

clairdelalune wrote:
You can't compare scores from different competitions, it's not relevant. Evgeni couldn't skate at 100% at Euros. it was his second competion of the season, he was injured and undertrained. Other skaters do 4-5 competitions before Worlds, where they are supposed to peak. IN and PE aren't a problem, he has to improve the transitions.

I only want to point out that even if under certain circumstances some skater did not deserve high IN and PE points, they got it anyway, so the points given by the judges are not really a fair way to present the truth.

Yes I agree that Plushy needs to improve TR points nevertheless.

These users thanked the author lovplush for the post:
lala630312 (28 May 2012, 00:49)

lovplush

Postby cekoni » 28 May 2012, 01:02

clairdelalune wrote:Ok, maybe she should have said "marked down" an not "criticized". It doesn't bother me because I got the point, she wants to know if Camerlengo improved Evgeni's transitions. I would have asked him the same thing, because I'm very very curious to see the result. Aren't you?

I am not arguing that the interview was informative (especially for answers of Camerlengo), but I still have a low opinion of her prejudice against Plushy :ze_le_ny:

As I said earlier, I am convinced that the transition are easiest thing to Plushy :plush41: - only someone needs to "formulate" them :plush45: ... and let's then someone dares (after Camerlengo's "influence") to claims that Plushy no have transitions! :)-(:

P.S. high marks for Chan's IN is most ridiculous thing today :ps_ih:
cekoni
Administrator

Postby clairdelalune » 28 May 2012, 10:02

Camerlengo can't guarantee the existence of transitions in Plushy's programs. It depends on how Evgeni skates them in competitions. Take a look at how complex was Tribute to NIjinsky at the beggining and how Evgeni skated it by the end of the season when he was injured. :is_te_ri_ka: So let's pray for his health! :plush47:
ImageImage
clairdelalune

Postby Kudryavka » 28 May 2012, 10:06

cekoni wrote: Why they do not criticize other (N/A) skaters because of their imperfections? I never heard that they criticize Chan due his many falls... :ps_ih:

In any case, it was obvious their intention to take the article in the negative direction toward Plushy :plush34:

That's natural. Icenetwork is run by USFSA and Chan is their friend. It's a shame, Russian FS federation doesn't have information strategy. They also should have English site or Facebook. Only Russian speakers or fans know Russian's opinion :-(
He didn't compete for three years, but as soon as I saw him, I knew that there was a true Olympic Champion on the ice. - Takahiko Kozuka, Rostelecom Cup 2009
Kudryavka

Postby lala630312 » 28 May 2012, 11:58

One comment under the Icenetwork article:

Rachel Schwell · Top Commenter · Farmington, Connecticut
I will say, I've never been a fan of Plushenko's, but I am definitely curious to see if, by adding transitions and more complex choreography, he can become the skater that lots of people already think he is. I admit I am willing to be converted if he produces the goods.

:)-(: :)-(: :plush43: :plush43: :plush43: :plush43:
lala630312

Postby lovplush » 28 May 2012, 12:46

lala630312 wrote:One comment under the Icenetwork article:

Rachel Schwell · Top Commenter · Farmington, Connecticut
I will say, I've never been a fan of Plushenko's, but I am definitely curious to see if, by adding transitions and more complex choreography, he can become the skater that lots of people already think he is. I admit I am willing to be converted if he produces the goods.

:)-(: :)-(: :plush43: :plush43: :plush43: :plush43:

Just same old talking all the time. You can find the same words from GS or FSU. If you are the defender, dear lala, give you a BIG KISS. You are a fighter (as you always are on youtube :mi_ga_et: ) :plush39:
lovplush

Postby lala630312 » 28 May 2012, 15:02

lovplush wrote:

Just same old talking all the time. You can find the same words from GS or FSU. If you are the defender, dear lala, give you a BIG KISS. You are a fighter (as you always are on youtube

Yes, I'm, all the time. :-) :du_el:

These users thanked the author lala630312 for the post (total 3):
Kudryavka (29 May 2012, 03:50) • clairdelalune (28 May 2012, 17:35) • whitebamboo (28 May 2012, 16:39)
Rating: 12.5%

lala630312

Postby whitebamboo » 28 May 2012, 15:29

I spent a long time typing a reply to one of the comments over at the icenetwork article, but I had a tough time logging in with my FB account, so in the end I have no idea whether it'll eventually show up or not... :plush43:

What really frustrates me about the way some of Plushy's detractors talk is how they equate their own opinion with objective facts. Perhaps he had fewer transitions than some others during 09/10, but statements about how he "has no choreography" or that "it isn't real skating" comes across to me as both ridiculously over-exaggerated and narrow-minded. Transitions is just one aspect of skating--one that was recently pushed to the forefront. When it comes to Vancouver, I've seen people dismiss the criticism of Lysacek's lack of quad as "whining", or say that "skating isn't just about the quad", but then they themselves equate skating/choreography/artistry with transitions and see nothing wrong with it. And the thing is, in men's skating the quad has frankly been established as an important aspect much longer than putting in as much transitions as possible--in the sense of what the proponents of the "new direction" in skating define as "transitions". To say that he has been "getting away" (the phrase one person used) with "not having transitions" before is kind of like saying the champions of the 80s "got away" with not jumping quads. It makes no sense. (Sorry, again to clarify: just an analogy in terms of logic, I'm not saying that transitions are like quads in this sentence--to me, quads are a much more real and quantifiable development in skating, and much more important in my own opinion.)

I don't even mention artistry, because with Plushy's artistry, perhaps it is really true that either you get it or you don't. (And in any case I think it has nothing to do with transitions.) There are skaters whose style I don't like, and there are times when I've said that "I don't personally see the artistry in this program/skater, in my opinion", but I'm not going to act as if statements like "so-and-so has no artistry" are somehow objective facts.
Last edited by whitebamboo on 28 May 2012, 17:37, edited 1 time in total.

These users thanked the author whitebamboo for the post (total 5):
lovplush (29 May 2012, 02:10) • lilywang (29 May 2012, 00:01) • clairdelalune (28 May 2012, 17:35) • maolmi (28 May 2012, 16:41) • lala630312 (28 May 2012, 15:35)
Rating: 20.83%

whitebamboo

PreviousNext

Return to Всё о Жене || Everything about Evgeni