НОВОСТИ ФК|| NEWS

Другие фигуристы, различные фигурнокатательные мероприятия || Other skaters and events without Evgeni

Re: НОВОСТИ ФК|| NEWS

Postby cekoni » 15 Oct 2011, 19:00

Москвина отметила юбилей в Ледовом дворце
http://www.sport812.ru/news/13138-Moskv ... ortse.html
cekoni
Administrator

Postby Gal4onok » 15 Oct 2011, 22:26

Gal4onok

Postby cekoni » 16 Oct 2011, 00:23

How much is Moskvina old - 70th years? :sh_ок: :bra_vo:

These users thanked the author cekoni for the post:
lala630312 (16 Oct 2011, 01:20)
Rating: 4.17%

cekoni
Administrator

Postby cekoni » 16 Oct 2011, 06:09

cekoni
Administrator

Postby cekoni » 16 Oct 2011, 06:20

http://www.examiner.com/figure-skating- ... are-coming

Opining on the new season: The Grand Prix, and the (Youth) Olympics, are coming

The Junior Grand Prix series just concluded and the Final set, and with the relatively unheralded second-tier competitions complete, we are ready for the figure skating season to shift into a new gear. This Opining series on Examiner Figure Skating will be looking at what to expect for this fall and winter. New skaters, new competitions, new jumps (possibly!), and all kinds of other good stuff to look forward to.

GRAND PRIX SERIES
The Grand Prix series begins next week with Hilton HHonors Skate America. And this year, it’s going to be both about who’s not going to be there as much as it’ll be about who’s making their debut. World champion Miki Ando and Olympic champion Yuna Kim had both already announced that they will be sitting out the Grand Prix. Yesterday, we found out that Olympic champion Evan Lysacek will also be out of the Grand Prix because he and U.S. Figure Skating couldn’t agree on his athlete contract.

But nonetheless, there will be plenty to look forward to with most of last season’s World medalists slated to compete. After taking the Grand Prix off last season, Olympic champs Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir will be back in the mix for a full season. They already won an event in style, taking the gold at Finlandia Trophy.

And of course, there’s the debut of some of the exciting junior skaters who could shake things up. Russia will be bringing out their not-so-well-kept secrets, Adelina Sotnikova and Elizaveta Tuktamisheva, who were first and second at Junior Worlds last season. These youngsters will not only be competitive with the top skaters, but will also likely win at least one of the events.

YOUTH OLYMPICS
Everyone knows about the Grand Prix, but there will be a new competition this season that is sandwiched between the Grand Prix and the big season-ending internationals. The figure skating event at the inaugural Winter Youth Olympic Games will take place in mid-January, a week before Europeans.

You can think of the Youth Olympics as comparable to the junior circuit – athletes competing must be born in 1996 or 1997 (generally 14 or 15 years old, with the few born in January 1996 who will by 16), with the exception of male pairs and dance skaters, who must be born between 1994 and 1997 (14 to 17, and a few 18s).

With Russian youngster Tuktamisheva still too young for Europeans and Worlds this season, she will likely end up getting sent to Austria for the Youth Olympics and would be the overwhelming favorite for the gold. She, of course, just misses the age cut for Worlds, and just makes the age cut for Youth Olympics. U.S. novice champion Hannah Miller, who just took the bronze at Trofeo Walter Lombardi in her Junior Grand Prix debut, could also be in the mix.

The number of entries from each country to the Youth Olympics was determined by last season’s Junior Worlds, with a few more spots allocated as the result of the Junior Grand Prix series. The U.S. will be sending one entry each in men’s and pairs’, and two entries each in ladies’ and dance.

TEAM TROPHY (SORTA)
Yes, the World Team Trophy (or some variation of it) has been competed before, but the Youth Olympics will be the first time that the team event format will be competed as part of a larger skating competition. But, probably to confuse the audience some more, the Team Trophy will be a mixed-country event. I wonder how the overall Youth Olympics medal count by country will actually work, considering it is counted as an actual competed event instead of an exhibition.
cekoni
Administrator

Postby lala630312 » 16 Oct 2011, 17:33

2014: Figure Skating European Championships in Budapest!! :ya_hoo_oo: :ya_hoo_oo: :ya_hoo_oo: :ya_hoo_oo:

2014 is the year of the Olympic Games!! :plush37: :plush37: I hope Plushy will compete :plush47: , he will be able to compete, :plush47: and I will see him live.!!!!! :ta_n_cor: :ta_n_cor: plush48

These users thanked the author lala630312 for the post (total 4):
Дарина (21 Oct 2011, 02:51) • cekoni (17 Oct 2011, 11:29) • lodochka (16 Oct 2011, 20:28) • simona (16 Oct 2011, 18:57)
Rating: 16.67%

lala630312

Postby simona » 16 Oct 2011, 19:04

I'll hope :plush47: he'll participate so you'll go & watch him!

ImageImageImageImageImage

simona

Postby lala630312 » 16 Oct 2011, 21:30

simona wrote:
I'll hope :plush47: he'll participate so you'll go & watch him!

THX Simona! :plush40:
lala630312

Postby cekoni » 21 Oct 2011, 02:39

Canadian figure skaters set to take on world
http://www.cbc.ca/sports/figureskating/ ... -cbcsports
cekoni
Administrator

Postby cekoni » 22 Oct 2011, 04:55

http://www.absoluteskating.com/index.ph ... 011carroll

Frank Carroll: "You can't worry about numbers, you have to skate"

Frank Carrol brought his two students, Mirai Nagasu (she won the competition) and Denis Ten (he finished 9th), to the Nebelhorn Trophy. We met at the bleachers after Denis finished his short program and talked about his students, colleagues, the toughest competition in the world and the new ice rink that opened in Palm Springs especially for him.

I heard you finally moved to the new ice rink, congratulations!
- Yes, the ice rink in Palm Springs was opened about a week ago. This was something I've been working on for fifteen years. I've always had two homes, two places to go because of skating. I've lived in Palm Springs since the 1970ies, and I wanted to be there, but there was no ice rink. So I had another house in Los Angeles, or in Marina Del Rey, or in Lake Arrowhead, and I was just very tired of driving two hours back and forth on the weekends. I wanted to have only one house and one place. There was a man who wanted me to work for him and I said: "Yeah, I'll work for you but you build me an ice rink in Palm Springs". So he did. And so I'm there.

Are you the only coach there?
- No, there are other coaches. There is Evelyn Kramer, and there is Larisa Ge, mother of Misha Ge. We don't have any other top coaches yet, but we're hoping some will want to come.

Is Rafael Arutunian still working with you?
- He was working with me in Lake Arrowhead. I worked with him in the summer, he works with Mirai (Nagasu) and he is an excellent teacher, I like him very much. He and Nadia (Kanaeva), who teaches moves and steps, are both very fine teachers. Unfortunately he had to stay in Lake Arrowhead and was not ready to come down to Palm Springs.

So he won't work with your students anymore?
- They will go there, I would like them to. I would like them to be exposed to other people. I'm not somebody who says: "My skaters have to stay just with me". I don't like that. And I feel that if they can gain experience with somebody else, then they should have that. I'm not afraid that they are going to take lessons from other people, because if they don't think I'm the greatest thing in the world they should go elsewhere anyway.

Was it your decision to bring your students to the Nebelhorn Trophy?
- I wanted to; I wanted them to compete more this year. We've done some other competitions: Mirai has got a competition early and Denis just finished one in Ontario. I told them a long time ago, in April: "I'd like you guys to go to Nebelhorn. It's a good competition to get your butts going". And they were excited about it, they wanted to come. So here we are!

But it's also on the different continent, long flight, jet lag...
- Yeah, it's hard. But you know, we will go to China for a competition. Mirai is going to compete at Skate Canada, we come back on Sunday, we have Monday off and we leave on Tuesday for China. So it's going to be hard, but it's going to be hard all our life and it's going to be hard for all the skaters. They all need to get off the airplane and skate. I think it's good experience.

A few questions about Denis: Are you happy with his short program today?
- Yes, I think he did a good job. Am I totally ecstatic? No. I see the work that needs to be done and things that need to be better; little things like stepping into the back camel [spin] faster and not stepping out of the triple Axel, not getting all hung up on the triple Axel... Before the program you could see him going around and around, and I finally screamed at him: "Stop! Stop obsessing about it! When the time comes, get out and do it, but don't make it such a big thing in your head!"
He is a wonderful boy, and he is very, very talented. But he's just got to relax a little more, and be a fighter and a competitor instead of thinking "Oh, my God, what if I make a mistake?". That's ridiculous! Everybody makes mistakes. Get out there and go for it!

Denis told me that it was his decision to try such serious music and mature character. What do you think about it?
- Well, I think he is a very artistic boy and he has the ability to do that kind of music. Otherwise it would be ridiculous, but I don't think he looks ridiculous doing it. When you watch him skate you think: "Wow, this boy is different from other boys". He skates differently, so his music should be different.

Have you defined any goals for him for this season?
- I would love to see clean programs out of him. And then see what the results are. But as long as you make mistakes you're leaving it open, you can't go back and say: "Oh, I should have done...". And you can't say: "I should have had better marks" if you make mistakes. Have no recourse, no complains but do a perfect program and then we'll talk about it.

So it's not the placement, but the quality of the program?
- Yes, to be satisfied yourself. That is what all the good coaches aim for - for the skaters to be satisfied with their effort and feel good about themselves. Not ever placement. I always tell my skaters: "Don't think of where you're going to come in, don't think of what placement it would be, it's a kiss of death and you can't do that, you can't worry about numbers, you have to skate."

Now let's move to Mirai. You mentioned in a recent interview that she was working on a triple Axel.
- She even did it here in practice. But it's not ready yet; when she comes down she can't land it. She can stand up on it and it looks very nice, but the landing will be all the way around.

I wondered if she'd try it here, where she doesn't really have any competition and she can afford trying it.
- But she does have competition here! She has a competition with herself. If she doesn't do well here it's not because of someone else, it's because of her. So she is here basically to see how well she can do for herself.

Do you have any strategy; any plan towards Nationals?
- Well, at the US Nationals you don't have plans; it's probably the toughest competition in the world. In our country we have many, many good girls, so if you make the world team in our country, you're a very good skater. Maybe you don't do well at Worlds, but that's because of your own problems, but our Nationals is a real stinker, it's very hard. And it's the most nerve-racking competition of all, worst than the Olympic Games! Seriously. When you're defending a title - ask Evan Lysacek or ask Mirai, ask anyone who has been a champion it's murder. Murder! It's an amazing pressure. Have you even been to our Nationals?

No. Actually I've never been to competitions in the States...
- You should go to our Nationals sometime, get your press credentials. And you'll experience murder. It's really something else.

So do you have any psychological preparation for Mirai? Any advice?
- My advice is not to think and worry so much. Her problem when she gets to the long program is that she starts thinking of this, this and this instead of skating. My plan is for her to be terribly ready and prepared to do the program, and then to go out and skate it and not think of a million things.

Tell me about Evan. I heard he was still very busy and not able to practice every day.
- I haven't seen him for a long time. He's been doing a lot of appearances; he's been skating in Los Angeles because he has things to do there, so he has to live in LA. I talked to him on the phone recently and he wants to come to Palm Springs for 6-7 weeks shortly. But since he's injured I don't know, he had a bad fall and hurt himself. I plan to call him as soon as I get back and find out what the doctor said about it, whether he's going be able to skate in Skate America or not. (According to recent news Evan will not be competing in the 2011 ISU Grand Prix Series following some financial issues between him and the US federation - ed.)

Does he have programs ready?
- Oh, yes, he's ready. He did a perfect long program for me in August. It had quad toe-triple toe, two triple Axels, wonderful combinations - perfect! He did it all the way through.

Who choreographed for him?
- Lori Nichol. She is a very good friend.

Many of your students work with her.
- Almost all of them. Mirai does, and Denis does.

Do you have any influence on the choreography in your student's programs?
- I don't hesitate to say what I like or dislike, or when I think something isn't working. It's one thing to have a program choreographed, and then to realize that there is no time to do it that way and still do the element correctly, with the right number of turns in the spin. Then you have to step in. Lori is wonderful and superb in what she does, and a great, great help in my life, but she doesn't see the training on the daily basis and doesn't know the problems. So I try to fix it and then the kids go back to her. She looks and either sees the problem or deals with it, and she does it a little more sophisticated than I could have because she is able to fix it better than me. But she understands the problems and she listens, she is not someone who says: "I'm the great Lori Nichol, nobody can touch my work and nobody can tell me what to do". She is not like that as a person. She is very humble, creative and amazing. I think she is the best choreographer in the skating world!

So you don't have a choreographer at your rink?
- No, not really. I mean, everybody choreographs, I used to choreograph my own programs. I choreographed for Linda Fratianne in the Olympic Games and I did it for years. But I don't spend my life listening to music and looking at dance tapes and studying movement. I put the choreography in the hands of somebody who does that. That's their profession, my profession is teaching skating.

I just thought an in-house choreographer might be convenient.
- Maybe not an in-house choreographer as much as an in house "fluffer", as I call it; someone who is a ballet teacher, or who is a very beautiful skater, or who is an ice dancer. Somebody who does superb steps and has lovely ballet training that helps to enhance the movements. But that's not the same thing as a choreographer.

Well, I hope your ice centre will grow, and that you will have a bigger team of professionals working with you. Thank you for your time and good luck to all in your team. Enjoy being and working in Palm Springs!
- I will. And I am already.
cekoni
Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to Мир фигурного катания || Figure Skating