Picture Radio

OFF topic in English

Re: Picture Radio

Postby simona » 04 Oct 2011, 16:23

:ta_n_cor: Hey there girls! Long time no see/hear!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-25dhpFj ... re=related

ImageImageImageImageImage

These users thanked the author simona for the post:
lala630312 (05 Oct 2011, 19:24)
Rating: 4.17%

simona

Postby alysonshade » 04 Oct 2011, 19:02

Hello Simona! Such a good return on Picture Radio! :plush45:
Simple Minds are a great Scottish pop-rock band, one of the best realities of the 80s! :plush33:

Beside your choice, I'd like to post also these two songs:

"Don't You Forget About Me" by Simple Minds

"Someone Somewhere in Summertime" by Simple Minds

alysonshade

Postby alysonshade » 04 Oct 2011, 19:22

Back to Classical music revisited! :-):

After the unreachable masterpiece realesed by Emerson, Lake and Palmer (I'm speaking of the tribute to Musorgskij "Pictures At An Exhibition")), another famous rock version of a classical song is "Bourée", based on the homonymous Bach's musical work and played by Jethro Tull. Enjoy the magic of Ian Anderson's flute! :plush31:

"Bourée" by Jethro Tull
alysonshade

Postby alysonshade » 04 Oct 2011, 20:21

And what about the Finnish Apocalyptica? They were attending the Academy of Music, they were so serious, but the stress was too much.. Look at them now! What a pity, they were such a good handful of guys, lol! :hi_hi_hi:
Aw, it's just a joke, don't get angry! It's only my twisted way to express my admiration! :-)
The band is composed of classically trained cellists Eicca Toppinen, Paavo Lötjönen, and Perttu Kivilaakso (all three of whom are graduates of the Sibelius Academy in Helsinki) and drummer Mikko Sirén.
Very nice to watch on stage! :mi_ga_et:

"Hall of The Mountain King" composed by Edvard Grieg and revisited by Apocalyptica

alysonshade

Postby alysonshade » 05 Oct 2011, 17:16

About 40 years ago... :mu_zyk:

"Saturday In The Park" by Chicago

alysonshade

Postby lala630312 » 05 Oct 2011, 19:31

alysonshade wrote:
And what about the Finnish Apocalyptica?

I know the band, because my older doughter listened to them! They are good! :mu_zyk:
lala630312

Postby alysonshade » 06 Oct 2011, 12:43

lala630312 wrote:
alysonshade wrote:
And what about the Finnish Apocalyptica?

I know the band, because my older doughter listened to them! :mu_zyk:

Aw, really?! Great! :co_ol:
alysonshade

Postby alysonshade » 06 Oct 2011, 13:54

In memory of Steve Jobs.

"Pirates of Silicon Valley" is a 1999 film based on the book "Fire in the Valley: The Making of The Personal Computer" by Paul Freiberger and Michael Swaine. It's a made-for-television docudrama written and directed by Martyn Burke which documents the rise of the home computer through the rivalry between Apple Computer and Microsoft. The film stars Anthony Michael Hall as Bill Gates and Noah Wyle as Steve Jobs.

"Pirates of Silicon Valley" by Martyn Burke - trailer

alysonshade

Postby alysonshade » 07 Oct 2011, 11:51

Yesterday, when I learned of Steve Jobs’ death, I felt saddened as if I had lost a friend. Why? I did not know him, I had never met him, I never thought of him when he was alive as I do for my favorite rockstars or sportsmen .. So, I wondered myself, why I’m so sad? I think I've found the right answer: I mourned his death because he was a genius. Steve Jobs was the Leonardo, the Caravaggio, the Michelangelo of our times. I miss his intelligence, his creativity, his freedom of thought. I felt like the entire world had lost something wonderful. That's all.
If you’re feeling the same way I do, please don’t post songs for a while. Let’s observe a small period of silence, until Sunday, to commemorate him. Don’t let the echo of his death disappear too soon from Picture Radio. Thank you so much.

More about Steve Jobs on the Plushenko Official Forum:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=26&p=59199#p59199
"I was worth over $1,000,000 when I was 23, and over $10,000,000 when I was 24, and over $100,000,000 when I was 25, and it wasn’t that important because I never did it for the money.”

This man was a dreamer.
"Being the richest man in the cemetery doesn't matter to me ...
Going to bed at night saying we've done something wonderful... that's what matters to me."

This man reached his goal.
"We think basically you watch television to turn your brain off, and you work on your computer when you want to turn your brain on."

In other words: the difference between being technologically-passive or technologically-active.
"It's more fun to be a pirate than to join the navy."

By the way... Our radio station is a pirate radio, you know? :mi_ga_et:
alysonshade

Postby alysonshade » 10 Oct 2011, 14:40

And now, after this short period of silence in tribute to Steve Jobs, just one more thing: I miss the man, his genius.
But all this has nothing to do with the celebration of Capitalism. The way in which the genius of a man finds practical application in human society, depends on how that society goes. And that doesn't depend on just one man, but on everybody. :plush34:
alysonshade

PreviousNext

Return to Visitors' discussions