На тренировках || Evgeni on training

Любим! Надеемся! Верим!
We love you! We believe in you!

Re: Женя на тренировках || Evgeni on training

Postby clairdelalune » 27 Apr 2012, 15:07

cekoni wrote:Come on girls... they can work and later :plush36: - this was just a "preliminary meeting" :plush45:

The article says nothing about a preliminay meeting. As far as I understand MIshin & Evgeni already had the music and a part of the program. Camerlengo isn't a magician, he can't make a complex program in four hours. :plush34:
ImageImage

These users thanked the author clairdelalune for the post:
Kudryavka (27 Apr 2012, 17:54)
Rating: 4.17%

clairdelalune

Postby clairdelalune » 27 Apr 2012, 15:12

lovplush wrote:I think they still have plenty of time: Plushy will go to Italy for show and training camp. They can catch up there.

Do not underestimate Plushy's determination of winning. He will do whatever in his power to make it (winning) happen. We should keep our faith in him and do not let those idiotic comments from NA's forums misled you. Plushy is not just about jumps and arm waving, he is an artist and skates his program with his soul.

Besides, Plushy is a great Champion and professionals, he knows more in figure skating than us and those haters.

Lovplush, in the recent years Evgeni dropped all the programs made by other choreographers but Advish. He worked with Melissa & Gregory, Lambiel, Zhulin, where are the programs? He didn't skate any of them in competition. Why do you think LIza and Artur want to go to Canada to work with Wilson? Because their choreographers can't help them anymore and thei need to stay competitive. With a program made by DAvid Wilson, LIza could be the new Yuna, even better! Why wasting their talent and chances?
ImageImage

These users thanked the author clairdelalune for the post (total 2):
Kudryavka (27 Apr 2012, 17:55) • whitebamboo (27 Apr 2012, 17:02)
Rating: 8.33%

clairdelalune

Postby cekoni » 27 Apr 2012, 15:24

clairdelalune wrote:
cekoni wrote:Come on girls... they can work and later :plush36: - this was just a "preliminary meeting" :plush45:

The article says nothing about a preliminay meeting. As far as I understand MIshin & Evgeni already had the music and a part of the program. Camerlengo isn't a magician, he can't make a complex program in four hours. :plush34:

Is there internet? Is Sochi 2014 tomorrow???? :)-(:

... anyway - Plushy ALWAYS take just parts from other choreographers ... also told that he is already "formed skater", so no one can change him too much :mi_ga_et:

These users thanked the author cekoni for the post (total 2):
ilpulcino (28 Apr 2012, 00:18) • Ирина (27 Apr 2012, 20:14)

cekoni
Administrator

Postby lala630312 » 27 Apr 2012, 16:24

Do you remeber the polish skater girl, she desired to Camerlengo good work for Plushenko's week? They wanted to work all week or 10 days. I think, Camerlengo didn't get visa. :plush34:
lala630312

Postby clairdelalune » 27 Apr 2012, 16:42

lala630312 wrote:They wanted to work all week or 10 days. I think, Camerlengo didn't get visa. :plush34:

They worked only four hours in three days, if the reason had been the visa, Camerlengo would have slept at Yubileny and worked with Evgeni 12h per day! :plush34:
ImageImage
clairdelalune

Postby whitebamboo » 27 Apr 2012, 17:01

I am sorry, but I am not sure why people are so disappointed and upset about the fact that Camerlengo has worked 4 hours with Evgeni and his team so far? I guess, so far we only have the news reports, but looking at what Mishin actually said:

"We were working for two hours yesterday. Today we are going to spend together two hours more and after that Camerlengo will return to Italy. We find the whole process very exciting."

If the work with Camerlengo is going badly or if they've decided to stop working with him, I hardly think Mishin will put it this way. So, what's the problem?

But nevertheless, I have to say that personally for me, if Evgeni and his team, after serious work with Camerlengo, decided it is not for them, I would absolutely have no problem with it. I remember being worried last year about his programs (and writing a bunch of long-winded posts about the matter, lol), but after this past season, frankly I am ashamed that I ever doubted Evgeni and his team about these things. He tried many different things before last season, and he and his team made decisions in the end. I would have loved the Jewish Melodies LP that Zhulin choreographed for him, had he decided to use it, and I am really curious about the program that Stephane choreographed last summer, but the Moulin Rouge and Storm programs were also brilliant, and it was obvious that they fitted him well. And by the way, I also think they were very different from Evgeni's previous programs in many ways ( I can go on these two programs at length). And even if he didn't use Zhulin's and Lambiel's programs per se, I am certain that just having worked with them is helpful and by no means "wasted". (Also, people were complaining about how he continues to work with Edvin and David, which--if I may be frank--seems to me to be based on the fallacious assumption that they themselves are always the same and cannot change.)

In the end, I guess, there are many, many different things I would have loved to see Evgeni try--and that is just from the selfish vantage point of the viewer, because he is an amazing artist and not just any skater. But obviously he cannot do them all. I would have loved it if he were immortal and would skate one hundred more season, with two hundred more programs in two hundred different styles by different choreographers, but that is not the case. He has two more seasons left. So he and his team have to make choices, and if one thing doesnt' fit, one will have to try something else. That's the way artists work.

Well, in any case, none of the above rant actually applies right now. To be completely honest, I was already a bit curious when the news about Camerlengo first came out, because I wasn't certain if Evgeni had already picked the music and the image. From the way he talked about this before, I kind of got the impression that he hadn't, and that he would let Camerlengo choose. And, well, I think Evgeni needs to feel a connection to, and be convinced about the music before he would decide to skate it for competition. So for myself, I'll be happy if at the end, he feels that there is something from Camerlengo that is useful to him, which I am certain will be the case.

These users thanked the author whitebamboo for the post (total 3):
ilpulcino (28 Apr 2012, 00:21) • lovplush (27 Apr 2012, 21:22) • Таня (27 Apr 2012, 17:55)
Rating: 12.5%

whitebamboo

Postby whitebamboo » 27 Apr 2012, 17:10

clairdelalune wrote:
Lovplush, in the recent years Evgeni dropped all the programs made by other choreographers but Advish. He worked with Melissa & Gregory, Lambiel, Zhulin, where are the programs? He didn't skate any of them in competition. Why do you think LIza and Artur want to go to Canada to work with Wilson? Because their choreographers can't help them anymore and thei need to stay competitive. With a program made by DAvid Wilson, LIza could be the new Yuna, even better! Why wasting their talent and chances?

I don't see that what Liza and Artur are doing or want to do or "should" do have to do with Evgeni...They are different skaters and are in different situations. Or are you saying that David can't help Evgeni anymore?

As for David Wilson, sorry, there are plenty of people who worked with David Wilson, are they all the "new Yuna" or better? North American choreographers are not magicians, nor are they gods. (Maybe I'm a little prejudiced, because their styles aren't always my cup of tea.) Just because some people around are pushing the idea that only the NA school knows what choreography is, does not mean that is actually the case. Or when some people try to define good choreography as their own style and nothing else, that still doesn't mean that only one style is "good". Each skater needs to find choreography that works for him or herself.
whitebamboo

Postby clairdelalune » 27 Apr 2012, 17:33

whitebamboo wrote:
clairdelalune wrote:

I don't see that what Liza and Artur are doing or want to do or "should" do have to do with Evgeni...They are different skaters and are in different situations. Or are you saying that David can't help Evgeni anymore?

As for David Wilson, sorry, there are plenty of people who worked with David Wilson, are they all the "new Yuna" or better? North American choreographers are not magicians, nor are they gods. (Maybe I'm a little prejudiced, because their styles aren't always my cup of tea.) Just because some people around are pushing the idea that only the NA school knows what choreography is, does not mean that is actually the case. Or when some people try to define good choreography as their own style and nothing else, that still doesn't mean that only one style is "good". Each skater needs to find choreography that works for him or herself.

Wilson, Lori, etc. work with a lot of skaters but not everybody is a top skater able to skate to their choreographies, so it's obvious why the new Yuna didn't appear yet. Liza and Artur are talented and have potential.
Evgeni didn't meet Chan or Daisuke in international competitions yet. Euros is a very different competition, there are no American or Canadian judges.
Why do you think the Japanese Federation sent Yuzuru to Orser? They know how important is nowadays to have a Canadian coach/choreographer.
It's beyond my comprehension why Evgeni can't pick a choreographer other than Advish and skate to his program, it's because his health? :ne_vi_del:
I don't understand why is everybody talking about Sochi Olympics, what is so different about Sochi, the rules will be the same. :kli_ny:
ImageImage

These users thanked the author clairdelalune for the post:
Kudryavka (27 Apr 2012, 18:01)
Rating: 4.17%

clairdelalune

Postby cekoni » 27 Apr 2012, 17:48

N/A media glorify their choreographers/coaches for profit and influence at the ISU (judges).... So, taking Canadian (American) choreographers/coaches is more a matter of "politics" and money - which N/A media then can dare to criticize such programs? :ps_ih:
cekoni
Administrator

Postby Дарина » 27 Apr 2012, 18:08

Опять какая-то паника :plush34:. Ну, поставит Камерленго программу за два дня, а не за неделю, если уж так получилось с визой.
А то, что всё будет много раз корректироваться в процессе подготовки, - это и так понятно, и это неизбежно.
М. Плисецкая: "Пожалуй, Плющенко похож на Годунова. Тоже высокий, статный, эффектный, уверен в себе. Да и эти длинные развевающиеся на ветру и в пируэтах белые волосы. Такой же тип. И темперамент у него есть, и артистизм."

These users thanked the author Дарина for the post (total 2):
Ирина (27 Apr 2012, 20:13) • Таня (27 Apr 2012, 18:16)

Дарина

PreviousNext

Return to Всё о Жене || Everything about Evgeni