Пресса, интервью|| Press about Evgeni ON Ice

Любим! Надеемся! Верим!
We love you! We believe in you!

Re: Пресса о Жене, интервью Жени || Press about Evgeni ON Ic

Postby lovplush » 27 Aug 2013, 15:55

clairdelalune wrote:I don't know yet if it's a good idea or a bad idea. If they simply cut pieces of music and he skates 30 seconds to Adagio, 30 to Godfather, etc, it's a very bad idea! If they rearrange the music and simply insert some highlits from previous programs it could be great. Unfortunately I saw in the news report about his firts 4T some "walk like an Egyptian" moves a la Evan Lysacek and heard Sheherezade. The name "Best of Plushenko" can also suggest that we'll see actual choreography from previous programs. :plush30: :plush34: So I'm worried. :plush34:

Use google translation function to read the full interview. He said in his interview that the program is 'new' even though it is 'best of his programs'. He knows that it is not possible just chop things up and put it together. Have faith.

That said, I doubt the idea at the beginning but now I am more go for it, just have faith.
Plushenko Chinese Fans Club: http://www.plushycnfanclub.org/

These users thanked the author lovplush for the post (total 2):
bigeyegugu (28 Aug 2013, 08:08) • cekoni (28 Aug 2013, 04:40)
Rating: 8.33%

lovplush

Postby cekoni » 28 Aug 2013, 05:22

whitebamboo wrote:
cekoni wrote:Lala and me asked her to explain to people that this is not his "official" name of the program - because the haters already started to make fun of him :ze_le_ny: :plush43: :plush34:

The haters are annoying, but in the end, they'll always try their best to belittle him in any way they imagine possible. I have to say right now I agree with Tatjana. Artists have been known to put on exhibitions, and writers publish collections, entitled "Best of XYZ", and people find that quite natural. I suppose haters would try to make fun of it, but in my own opinion, the question really is: do you think he is good enough to have a "Best of"? Actually, I have no doubt about your answers. So why worry about what haters might say?

Personally, I find title "Best of Plushenko" very funny :hi_hi_hi: ... but it was funny to me and platinum medal - well, you know what happened then.... :plush34:

I just do not want to give any "material" to haters, that they could implanted in the brain of people this a startling phrase, which could be marks Plushy for life - that someone can say in future: " You know that skater, who awarded himself platinum medal, and devoted himself other people's music?" :kli_ny:

By my opinion, I do not think that Plushy can be compared with Bizet, Puccini and other composers, on which music he skated - "Best of" are compilations of the authors - Plushy, however, to be honest - is a performer.
That he took a completely new music, but put familiar elements and movements from old programs - then maybe, the name of the program would be OK.
So, this title as a joke is OK, as a serious idea - I think it would be, let's say, inappropriate.

Here Tatjana's "final statement", and reaction of one japanese FS expert ...

@Tatjana21:
https://twitter.com/Tatjana21/status/372288744155410432
Ok, as some people seem to freak out about it: "Best of Plushenko" is not an official program title. I used it to keep it short & sweet! :)

-----------------------

@europeonice:
@Tatjana21 since when is "Best of.." a negative? Some people really need to chill out.

@cekoni:
@europeonice @Tatjana21 since some people think that Plushenko is arrogant and "full of himself", so take every opportunity to attack him :/

@europeonice:
@cekoni @Tatjana21 Let them. His record speaks for itself.

As regards the arrangement 4-5 different tunes... do you remember Plushy's program "Once upon in America"? There was even more, completely different musical themes.
Someone has already said that they are mostly Marton's music - so the compilation certainly will be easier.
Also, if Tatjana Flade said that she likes it - I believe in her judgment.
... and ofc, I will waiting to hear and see myself - only then, I will be able to tell something further about it. :plush45:

These users thanked the author cekoni for the post (total 2):
whitebamboo (28 Aug 2013, 15:57) • lala630312 (28 Aug 2013, 10:02)

cekoni
Administrator

Postby Вера » 28 Aug 2013, 06:36

cekoni wrote: I do not think that Plushy can be compared with Bizet, Puccini and other composers

Hmm .. Really? Well, with Mozart, you can compare? :mi_ga_et: С Шекспиром уже сравнивали.

These users thanked the author Вера for the post (total 2):
lala630312 (28 Aug 2013, 16:56) • Дарина (28 Aug 2013, 13:22)

Вера
Администратор

Postby lovplush » 28 Aug 2013, 12:32

cekoni wrote:
As regards the arrangement 4-5 different tunes... do you remember Plushy's program "Once upon in America"? There was even more, completely different musical themes.
Someone has already said that they are mostly Marton's music - so the compilation certainly will be easier.
Also, if Tatjana Flade said that she likes it - I believe in her judgment.
... and ofc, I will waiting to hear and see myself - only then, I will be able to tell something further about it. :plush45:

Some people found the arrangement of OUATIA was not good :-) For me it is pretty OK though. I do not like the MJ melody to be honest. But again all these 'horrible' music arrangements were before he and Marton team up so we should have faith in Marton :hi_hi_hi:

As for Flade's opinion, I did not realize that she was talking about LP. I thought she saw the SP, which is by the way gorgeous. But if she said she likes LP, then I am more than happy :-)
Plushenko Chinese Fans Club: http://www.plushycnfanclub.org/

These users thanked the author lovplush for the post (total 2):
whitebamboo (28 Aug 2013, 15:57) • bigeyegugu (28 Aug 2013, 15:30)

lovplush

Postby whitebamboo » 28 Aug 2013, 16:06

cekoni wrote:Personally, I find title "Best of Plushenko" very funny :hi_hi_hi: ... but it was funny to me and platinum medal - well, you know what happened then.... :plush34:

I just do not want to give any "material" to haters, that they could implanted in the brain of people this a startling phrase, which could be marks Plushy for life - that someone can say in future: " You know that skater, who awarded himself platinum medal, and devoted himself other people's music?" :kli_ny:

By my opinion, I do not think that Plushy can be compared with Bizet, Puccini and other composers, on which music he skated - "Best of" are compilations of the authors - Plushy, however, to be honest - is a performer.
That he took a completely new music, but put familiar elements and movements from old programs - then maybe, the name of the program would be OK.
So, this title as a joke is OK, as a serious idea - I think it would be, let's say, inappropriate.

Here Tatjana's "final statement", and reaction of one japanese FS expert ...

@Tatjana21:
https://twitter.com/Tatjana21/status/372288744155410432
Ok, as some people seem to freak out about it: "Best of Plushenko" is not an official program title. I used it to keep it short & sweet! :)

-----------------------

@europeonice:
@Tatjana21 since when is "Best of.." a negative? Some people really need to chill out.

@cekoni:
@europeonice @Tatjana21 since some people think that Plushenko is arrogant and "full of himself", so take every opportunity to attack him :/

@europeonice:
@cekoni @Tatjana21 Let them. His record speaks for itself.

I have to say I agree with Tatjana and @europeonice. Haters will try to make up ways of attacking him no matter what--including factually false and totally illogical things. If they have no "material", they'll just invent them. For instance with the "platinum medal", it was funny (and to some extent true) to people who like him or think that he should have won in Vancouver, and arrogant, etc. to people who don't like him, but in the end, the fact was that it wasn't he himself anyway. With "Best of Plushenko", according to Tatjana, he said it himself, but it's because he's talking about his skating programs. I don't think any rational person would interpret it to say that he's claiming he composed those pieces of music. Maybe haters would try to spin things that way, but one just have to counter them when one sees that, by pointing out what a ridiculous stretch of the imagination that is.

I guess, I must say I don't completely see Plushy as a "performer", in the sense that don't quite think he is like one of those actors who can completely transform themselves into someone else, "lose themselves" in the character, so to speak. Rather, I would say that he finds something within him that "meets" the idea of the program from the outside, and bring them together. I don't remember the exact quote right now, but I remember that Mishin once even compared him to Shakespeare, and he also said that what sets Plushy apart, makes him unique is "the wide range of his creativity" on ice. Of course, I only read it in translation, but I remember being struck by the fact that Mishin used the word "creativity" instead of say "expressiveness", which is how people usually talk about skaters. There is something intrinsically Plushenko in every one of his programs, even though there's also such a great range to them. To me, I don't see him as "just performing" other people's creations: he is one of the creators, too, in more than one ways. This is why I think "Best of Plushenko" is appropriate and justified.

One of the girls at our Chinese Plushy fan forum just said something really great, I hope she won't mind me quoting it here. She said that in the past, Plushy has shown Carmen, Nijinsky, Don Jose, Shakespeare, the Godfather, the history of St. Petersburg...Perhaps now he is going to finally show himself, truly and completely. I think there is an aspect of himself in all of those previous images he showed, but now there is a chance (I know it's only a hypothetical chance, since we haven't seen the program yet) that it's going to be just him and his own story, directly, and in many facets. Maybe I'm reading tea leaves too much, but now I also noticed Plushy said that he wanted the audience to see "the boy at 18, at 25, and finally now". He did not say he wanted the audience to see "the ballet god Nijinsky, then the underworld Godfather, then the seductive tango dancer". He might use pieces of all those old programs, but I think there is a subtle change of what they mean here.

You know that I have a tendency to make things up in my own mind... :-): I, too, had a lot of doubts about this, and now I still have doubts, but the more I think of it, the more this becomes, at least potentially, a stunningly poetic, exciting, and apt idea in my mind (if only in concept). That is, if he and his team can pull it off. It is also an incredibly, astoundingly risky idea; there are many big possible pitfalls. Among other things, for people who don't like him, the idea is one that will probably intrinsically anger them, simply because it would be about him. Well, I wouldn't quite call this a "pitfall". It's something that one probably can't avoid... :-)

These users thanked the author whitebamboo for the post (total 2):
lala630312 (28 Aug 2013, 21:54) • Дарина (28 Aug 2013, 17:46)

whitebamboo

Postby clairdelalune » 28 Aug 2013, 18:23

Haters will never be happy, no matter what, just take a look at the comment below. He can skate the most innovative program in the world, to the most original music and they will have negative comments. We don't know exactly who these people are and what is the purpose of their attacks so I believe we should ignore them and stop asking ourselves, what would haters say if Plushy this or that...
I agree with Tajana and europeonice.

Hieloespanol‏@Hieloespanol27 ago
@europeonice @Tatjana21 From my point of view, compete at the Olympics as local with some kind of mix shows lack of interest
ImageImage
clairdelalune

Postby let`s talk » 28 Aug 2013, 21:22

cekoni wrote:and reaction of one japanese FS expert ...
:sh_ok: Who is Japanese? And who is an expert? The person you are referring to is an Irish gay living in the middle of nowhere, who btw has the marvelous collection of anti-Plu posts on FSU full of bitterness and hatred. :ze_le_ny: Don't insult Japan and expertise, if you please. :-):

As for Plu choice and interview in general, I would rather pay attention to the passage where he said he won't be on the way of youngers and let someone else to compete in Sochi if things won't be fixed in time. Which gives me the reading between the lines that his body conditions are still not super great, and therefore- the doubt is there. :ny_tik:
"Осторожно! Фанатка ЕП и ДТ" (weir.ru about let`s talk)
let`s talk

Postby cekoni » 28 Aug 2013, 21:34

let`s talk wrote:
cekoni wrote:and reaction of one japanese FS expert ...
:sh_ok: Who is Japanese? And who is an expert? The person you are referring to is an Irish gay living in the middle of nowhere, who btw has the marvelous collection of anti-Plu posts on FSU full of bitterness and hatred. :ze_le_ny: Don't insult Japan and expertise, if you please. :-):

He/she is not married couple, also know as "pattinagio"? Woman is japanese, i think :plush38: ... anyway, "she" was good toward Plushy on twitter and blog :plush45:
cekoni
Administrator

Postby cekoni » 28 Aug 2013, 21:52

Вера wrote:.... Интервью полностью:
http://www.team-russia2014.ru/article/figur/11164.html

Евгений Плющенко: надеюсь и верю, что подлечусь, наберу форму – и смогу достойно завершить карьеру на домашней Олимпиаде!

Here are translations of Plushy's interview, in fact - they are more similar to my translation of "short" Plu interview:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6&start=2390#p79639
Darina will translate tomorrow parts which are not here, or in my translation... :plush45:

JO-2014 - Russie: Plushenko pense qu'il sera à son meilleur niveau à Sotchi: (AFP - french original)
http://www.lematin.ch/sports/depeches/j ... y/28307197

-----------

... english versions...

http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/ar ... 6867b00.a1

Skater Plushenko seeks top finish at Sochi
(AFP) – 6 hours ago

MOSCOW — Russian figure skating star Yevgeny Plushenko has said he is determined to regain top form in time for the 2014 Winter Olympics in Sochi where he intends to end his career.

"I still have a huge desire to practice and compete," Plushenko was quoted as saying by Russia's media project "2014 Olympic squad".

"And I feel I'm capable of performing at the top level in Sochi. I just need to recover completely from all of my injuries."

"I'm on my way to a complete recovery from the surgery which I underwent on my back.

"I feel well and have already practiced quadruples in training. A relapse of my back injury is the only thing that can prevent me from achieving a top-class result at Sochi."

Plushenko said that he and his team had already completed work on his short programme, adding that his new free routine would be a mix of his best previous free programmes.

"It was my coach Alexei Mishin's idea," Plushenko said.

"My free routine will be a combined of my past best programmes. It's a completely new idea, nobody did it in figure skating before."

"If everything goes all right the Sochi Olympics will be my curtain-closing event. And every figure skating lover would be able to see his own Plushenko there -- the 18-year-old, the 25-year-old and, finally, today's Plushenko. We decided that it would be an original move and a spectacular finish to my career."

The 30-year-old Turin Olympic champion unveiled his plans for the upcoming season, saying that he needed to participate in just two or three events to prepare the best possible way for the Olympics.

"I'd like to comete at the ISU Grand Prix meet in Moscow," said Plushenko, who also won silver medals at the 2002 and 2010 Olympics and three world titles during his career.

"If everything goes right there I will compete at the Russian national championships and the European championships ahead of the Olympics Games.

-----------------

And ofc, started American's bashing - they had to add the AFP agency news their own "observations" :ps_ih:

http://olympictalk.nbcsports.com/2013/0 ... cs-russia/

Evgeni Plushenko says 1 thing can prevent a ‘top-class result’ in Sochi
Nick Zaccardi

Evgeni Plushenko is still on his way back from back surgery, but he’s in top form when it comes to confidence, speaking in the third person to a Russian news outlet.

“If everything goes all right the Sochi Olympics will be my curtain-closing event,” Plushenko, the three-time Olympic medalist, told Russia’s media project “2014 Olympic squad,” according to Agence France-Presse. “And every figure skating lover would be able to see his own Plushenko there — the 18-year-old, the 25-year-old and, finally, today’s Plushenko.”

Plushenko, 30, had previously said he intends to retire after the Sochi Olympics, his fourth Games. Plushenko won silver in 2002 behind countryman Alexei Yagudin, dominated for gold in 2006 and earned another silver in 2010 behind American Evan Lysacek.

In Sochi, Plushenko will try to become the second skater to win four Olympic singles figure skating medals, joining Swede Gillis Grafstrom, who won gold in 1920, 1924 and 1928 and silver in 1932.

Plushenko said he’s already practicing quadruple jumps in training and only needs two or three warm-up events before the Olympics. Those could include the ISU Grand Prix event in Moscow (Nov. 22-24), the Russian National Championships (Dec. 22-27 in Sochi) and the European Championships (January in Budapest, Hungary).

Russia only qualified one male skater for the Sochi Olympics via Maxim Kovtun‘s 17th-place finish at the World Championships in March. There isn’t as much elite depth in the country’s program now as there was in the 1990s and early 2000s, a stretch where a Unified Team or Russia skater won five straight Olympic golds.

Plushenko seems confident of attaining the one berth available despite pulling out of the 2013 European Championships after the short program, where he placed sixth, citing a back injury. He had surgery in January and missed the World Championships.

“A relapse of my back injury is the only thing that can prevent me from achieving a top-class result at Sochi,” he said.

Plushenko said he will perform a free skate that’s a mix of his previous programs — a best of Plushenko, if you will. It was the idea of his coach, Alexei Mishin.

“We decided that it would be an original move and a spectacular finish to my career,” Plushenko said.

These users thanked the author cekoni for the post:
lala630312 (28 Aug 2013, 22:22)
Rating: 4.17%

cekoni
Administrator

Postby lala630312 » 28 Aug 2013, 22:22

Cherub wrote on FSU:

"He should have a backup plan if he misses CoR. Someone said in the other forum that he needs to achieve the mininum score again. The one from 2012 is too old. He can make the Olympic score at Euros, but he needs to make the Euros score at an international. Please Plush and Mishin be on top of the rules this year..."

I also hope they knows the rules..
lala630312

PreviousNext

Return to Всё о Жене || Everything about Evgeni