На тренировках || Evgeni on training

Любим! Надеемся! Верим!
We love you! We believe in you!

Re: Женя на тренировках || Evgeni on training

Postby lovplush » 26 Oct 2011, 11:18

clairdelalune wrote:
cekoni wrote:
clairdelalune wrote:..... I also recognize parts of old footwork from 2009-2010 and from Gachinsky's programs. :-(
Then, the same problem with the upper body movement, he needs to "calm down" a little bit, to better coordinate and control the upper body with the upper body ...

Probably should not reveal all the cards immediately :mi_ga_et:

What's wrong with the movements in his upper body? :ne_vi_del: You want that Plushy be stiff and woody as Joubert and Yagudin? ::yaz-yk:
I consider that his famous movements as his "advantage", which contributes to the beauty, diversity and recognizability of the other skaters! :plush33:
Also, I think the judges rewarded such movements - because they are not easy! :plush45:

More and more, I am convinced that the propaganda against Plushy's "flying arms" is just that - propaganda of those who can not perform them! ::yaz-yk:

Watch Plushy´s SP from Olys with British commentary (British Eurosport) and listen to what they say about the footwork.

I think we should let Plushy's team to worry about the movements in the program. After all they are professionals :mi_ga_et: . As for the commentary, those are personal opinions, even the presenters were professionals (which I believe they were), still personal opinions. We should keep them in mind but not regard them as word of GOD. :hi_hi_hi:

Besides, there are still 2 years to the Olympics, as Plushy said once, now it is time for experiments. :-)
Plushenko Chinese Fans Club: http://www.plushycnfanclub.org/
lovplush

Postby lovplush » 26 Oct 2011, 11:19

Nyssa wrote:
Ирина wrote:"Неделя спорта" от 24.10.11 О возвращении,о предстоящем сезоне,о своих целях!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjZj6Z39X1c

Hi, everyone! Just wanted to let you know that the recent video news report from Nedelya Sporta that featured Zhenya - I have written English subtitles and embedded them into the video. Please enjoy! You can either just watch the video on YouTube at the link below, or you can actually download the whole video to your computer from here: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=OLGQZEC8

Enjoy! I love Zhenya here! He is so handsome, happy, and full of energy! This video makes me very happy! plush48

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2_4dwaZmgY

:ki_ss: Oh, you are just great. Thank you very very much :ro_za:
lovplush

Postby clairdelalune » 26 Oct 2011, 11:35

lovplush wrote:I think we should let Plushy's team to worry about the movements in the program. After all they are professionals :mi_ga_et: . As for the commentary, those are personal opinions, even the presenters were professionals (which I believe they were), still personal opinions. We should keep them in mind but not regard them as word of GOD. :hi_hi_hi:

Besides, there are still 2 years to the Olympics, as Plushy said once, now it is time for experiments. :-)

I´m not talking about their personal opinions, if they like Plushy´s footwork or not. They are absolutly right that judges should have no difficulty in asigning the levels, this is a fact, not a personal opinion.
Let´s be realistic, Evgeni´s footwoork in 2010 wasn´t great and it will cost him a lot of points if he does not improve it. :-( I remember people were saying the same in 2009, when he came back, that he had plenty of time to work on the footwork until the Olys, nevertheless it wasn´t enough to achieve sensational GOE. And he had the same team, Mishin and D. Advish.
ImageImage
clairdelalune

Postby lovplush » 26 Oct 2011, 12:42

clairdelalune wrote:
lovplush wrote:I think we should let Plushy's team to worry about the movements in the program. After all they are professionals :mi_ga_et: . As for the commentary, those are personal opinions, even the presenters were professionals (which I believe they were), still personal opinions. We should keep them in mind but not regard them as word of GOD. :hi_hi_hi:

I´m not talking about their personal opinions, if they like Plushy´s footwork or not. They are absolutly right that judges should have no difficulty in asigning the levels, this is a fact, not a personal opinion.
Let´s be realistic, Evgeni´s footwoork in 2010 wasn´t great and it will cost him a lot of points if he does not improve it. :-( I remember people were saying the same in 2009, when he came back, that he had plenty of time to work on the footwork until the Olys, nevertheless it wasn´t enough to achieve sensational GOE. And he had the same team, Mishin and D. Advish.

I guess we will have to wait until after Plushy's first competition to know the result. But like I said, this time, there is enough time for Plushy to experiment all the options before the Olympics. So do not worry too much and just be happy that Plusy is in great shape and a high spirit of training :plush45:

These users thanked the author lovplush for the post (total 5):
Дарина (27 Oct 2011, 14:30) • lala630312 (26 Oct 2011, 20:03) • Sakura (26 Oct 2011, 15:58) • clairdelalune (26 Oct 2011, 12:58) • simona (26 Oct 2011, 12:46)
Rating: 20.83%

lovplush

Postby clairdelalune » 26 Oct 2011, 12:57

lovplush wrote:
clairdelalune wrote:

I guess we will have to wait until after Plushy's first competition to know the result. But like I said, this time, there is enough time for Plushy to experiment all the options before the Olympics. So do not worry too much and just be happy that Plusy is in great shape and a high spirit of training :plush45:

Of course I´m happy that Plushy is in a great shape and so eager to train and compete. But I don´t want him to train in vain, to be in excellent form and lose because of the programs. :-(
ImageImage
clairdelalune

Postby let`s talk » 26 Oct 2011, 15:10

Nyssa wrote:Hi, everyone! ....

Cool, Nyssa!!!!!

The international FS community must know their heroes! Thanks! :plush39:
"Осторожно! Фанатка ЕП и ДТ" (weir.ru about let`s talk)
let`s talk

Postby caseddy » 26 Oct 2011, 22:03

A skater needs more than level 3 or 4 step sequences they need level 3 or 4 with a lot of GOE in the +3's and they need level 4 spins with +3 GOE. Like last time he got the higher levels but not a lot of GOE and he gets the GOE through speed of performance. Like you can spin slow to a level 4 with no GOE but you can spin fast with all +3 goe. Hope he can do it.
caseddy

Postby whitebamboo » 27 Oct 2011, 03:17

clairdelalune wrote:
lovplush wrote:
clairdelalune wrote:I´m not talking about their personal opinions, if they like Plushy´s footwork or not. They are absolutly right that judges should have no difficulty in asigning the levels, this is a fact, not a personal opinion.

Of course I´m happy that Plushy is in a great shape and so eager to train and compete. But I don´t want him to train in vain, to be in excellent form and lose because of the programs. :-(

First of all, my apologies for yet another very long and rambling post.

If I recall correctly, Evgeni's footwork in 2010 were level 3, not the very highest but by no means below average. Also, I recall that at the 2010 Olympics, Lysacek received some highly debated level 4 ratings on his footwork sequences. (Evgeni himself mentioned the fact that other skaters had the levels of their footwork raised without any actual changes.) I agree that there should not be personal opinions involved in assigning levels to elements in skating, but I do not believe this is the case in reality. And there certain is a great deal of personal opinions involved in assigning GOE scores, and frequently these are not even opinions about the skater's actual performance, but motivated by off-ice political or personal factors. The judges have amply proven this, for instance Joe Inman with his email, and other judges in openly defending that email.

We all want Evgeni to get the maximal amount of score he can in competitions, of course. There is no argument about that. However, it may be that not having Level 4 footwork with +3 GOE will cost him a lot of points, or it may be that simply being Evgeni Plushenko will cost him a lot of points. I guess, maybe a point to consider is that no matter how much we talk about how he should "play by the rules", when the people who are supposed to apply those rules do so according to their own agendas and favoritism, then these are things a skater and his team cannot necessarily change. And personally, I have never seen any FS fan--of any kind--claim that judges have no agendas.

As for what happened at Vancouver, one can blame Evgeni's footwork or transitions or other aspects of his choreography, but to me--just my own personal opinion, of course--this both ignores the realities of Evgeni's physical condition at the time, and somewhat misses the point. My own belief is that Evgeni should have won at Vancouver as it were, based on how he and the others performed at the time (others may disagree). Of course, this is absolutely not to say that he cannot, or should not, or need not improve on various aspects of his programs for the coming seasons, but merely my feelings on that particular season and competition, in and of itself--since it was mentioned. In any case, things have changed since 2010--Evgeni's condition, the amount of time he has, the general state of men's skating, the rules themselves.

We certain can talk about different aspects of Evgeni's skating, and talk about what each of us likes or does not like. I do understand your desire to see Evgeni win; I am sure that we all share that desire. However--I hope you will pardon me, and it certainly is not my intention to start an argument with you--frankly, and again just for myself, I find it absolutely incomprehensible to suggest that any skater would "train in vain" just because he and his team choose to do things one way and not another. (I want to emphasize the word "choose" here--based on Evgeni's condition, style, abilities, and convictions about figure skating. Because I absolutely do not believe, even for a fraction of a second, that Evgeni and his team do not know what they are doing.) Right now, all we have is a few seconds of practice. But even if (and this is nothing but an if) the competitions did happen and he didn't get the highest transition score, or footwork level or GOE, whatever, to say that he "trained in vain"--just to be clear, I am only talking about these particular words--is, in my honest opinion, inconsiderate of his (and his team's) effort, and of their understanding of figure skating. And I am not even saying this just because it's Evgeni: I would say this about any other skater as well.

And back to Evgeni's condition. I am extremely happy and relieved that he is physically better now, and that he is in no pain. I hope fervently and everyday that things stay this way. Nevertheless, he will be 29 years old in a week. His accumulation of old injuries is huge, even for this sport. A couple of weeks ago there was this whole story by Vaitsekhovskaya about what terrible state Evgeni's knees were in, how his muscles had atrophied, how the treatments failed, etc. That report turned out to be a lie--as many of us expected at the time--but just because Evgeni is in good physical condition, it does not mean that all of a sudden things are or should be easy for him. And this does not mean if he doesn't do things this way or that way or get all level 4 with +3 GOE it would be because he's "a fool" (to quote Yagudin's words, or because he doesn't want to win, or because he and his team does not understand how the current scoring system works. Because absolutely nothing of what Evgeni does on ice is easy (no matter how easy he makes it look). Remember how he said this second comeback is many times harder than the first? I believe him completely in this, and it doesn't change.

Please don't get me wrong, I completely understand that you want to see Evgeni get all the points he can, and that's where you're coming from. I want the same, and I'm sure all fans want the same. However, we fans are just sitting behind computer screens. We're not the one on the ice. We're not the one who's had a dozen (or is it more? I've lost count) operations. We're not the one who has to deal with the politics of the ISU and the Russian Fed, and every kind of malicious people and everything else. We're not the one fighting against time and the laws of nature. I'm only speaking for myself, but my feeling is that I can hope and wish him to win or to give us another great program or another great piece of art (or perhaps to put it more selfishly, something I love), but I myself cannot in good conscience expect or demand anything more out of him. Because Evgeni has already given us far, far more than anyone could possibly expect. Anything else would only be an extra gift.

(Again, I apologize for this long rant. I am a wordy person, I guess.)

These users thanked the author whitebamboo for the post (total 9):
lala630312 (27 Oct 2011, 19:32) • let`s talk (27 Oct 2011, 17:44) • clairdelalune (27 Oct 2011, 13:27) • cekoni (27 Oct 2011, 12:19) • lovplush (27 Oct 2011, 09:17) • Таня (27 Oct 2011, 08:18) • simona (27 Oct 2011, 07:44) • Phrazey (27 Oct 2011, 06:22) • Kudryavka (27 Oct 2011, 04:34)
Rating: 37.5%

whitebamboo

Postby lovplush » 27 Oct 2011, 11:01

whitebamboo wrote: First of all, my apologies for yet another very long and rambling post.

(Again, I apologize for this long rant. I am a wordy person, I guess.)

:plush39: :ro_za:

Whitebamboo, a lot of things from your long post actually are exactly what I want to say (especially the part of professionism of Plushy's team and the choices made by them) but cannot due to the poor writing skills.

Wish Plushy could stay healthy all the time and realize his dream in 2014 plush48
lovplush

Postby cekoni » 27 Oct 2011, 12:43

I just cant find a better words than you girls! :ro_za:

---------------------------------

... btw... if only I fantasizes music in background - Samuel Barber's "Adagio for Strings"?! :kli_ny: :plush38:
http://youtu.be/l2_4dwaZmgY?t=3m13s

P.S. i again replaced my translation with "transcript" of Nyssa's subtitle :hi_hi_hi:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=191&p=60057#p60057
cekoni
Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to Всё о Жене || Everything about Evgeni